Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel

Reset
5.0
Edward Stevenson

1. Excellent place to work

Pros

Great benefits, great people, Community cares about their employees

Cons

Sometimes it is difficult for people to work odd shifts, but there are alot of opportunities

Great Opportunity

Pros

Lots of interesting coworkers and guests, great benefits, and decent pay for the work being done. All around its a pretty easy job no matter what your department is as long as you stay busy.

Cons

A great deal of the employees seem to think they are still in high school and like to cause problems for others. Supervisors like to play favorites.

Advice to Management

Greater interaction with entry level employees.

3. Its a very big company with many perks for thwir employeeswe are one big family

Current Employee - Blackjack Dealer in Prior Lake, MN
    Current Employee - Blackjack Dealer in Prior Lake, MN

I have been working at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of hours, perks and many coworkers

Cons

They open 365 days per year so its hard to celebrate holidays at home with the family

5. An employer that values people

Current Employee - User Support Specialist in Prior Lake, MN
    Current Employee - User Support Specialist in Prior Lake, MN

Pros

The benefits are incredible, if you avail yourself of them.

Cons

The SMSC is in the middle. of. nowhere., so it's quite the commute from anywhere.

6. Great Place to Work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Prior Lake, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Prior Lake, MN

Pros

Mystic Lake and the entire group of SMSC GE enterprises place a tremendous amount of caring for their team members. Its a great place to work with folks across broad professional levels. The senior management team does a good job in leading the organization and demonstrates the values they talk about in their interactions with the team.

Cons

Sometimes the "gambling" side of the business is over-emphasized by others outside the organization. It truly is about entertainment and value for the dollar. Unfortunately, not everyone recognizes this distinction when you interact with them and discuss where you work.

Advice to Management

The leadership team is solid at Mystic Lake. Clearly articulating goals and objectives is key to aligning team members with desired results. Continue with remodeling plans and keep the smoke to a minimum.

7. Great place to work

Pros

My experience - Very flexible, and comfortable working environment. If you choose to pursue them, there are plenty of opportunities to receive free training on site that relates to your position. Management encourages continuous learning and challenges employees to improve in their position, yet provides a helping hand when needed.

Cons

The only thing I can think of - long walk to the employee parking lot from the casino.

8. I am very proud to be a member of the Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel employment team

Pros

-All of the employees are nice to one another, it is a very friendly environment - The hours are perfect for me, and they are very flexible in making my hours fit in with the rest of my life - I get paid very well for the work I do, and my benifits are great for me and my family - I get treated very well, they make me feel like I am a valuble asset to the company -You meet a lot of fun people while working there

Cons

- It's very busy on the weekends, it gets stressful at times - They have a point system if you are late or call in, which isn't very bad, I am just not used to it

Advice to Management

- I can not offer any advice to managment, i think they are doing a fine job, they are running one of the largest Casinos in Minnesota, and I give them two thumbs up for doing a spectacular job

RSS Feed </> Embed