Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel

Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel Reviews

Updated August 12, 2014
Updated August 12, 2014

Edward Stevenson

Its a very big company with many perks for thwir employeeswe are one big family

Current Employee - Blackjack Dealer  in  Prior Lake, MN
    Current Employee - Blackjack Dealer in Prior Lake, MN

I have been working at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel part-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of hours, perks and many coworkers

Cons

They open 365 days per year so its hard to celebrate holidays at home with the family

An employer that values people

Current Employee - User Support Specialist  in  Prior Lake, MN
    Current Employee - User Support Specialist in Prior Lake, MN

I have been working at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel

Pros

The benefits are incredible, if you avail yourself of them.

Cons

The SMSC is in the middle. of. nowhere., so it's quite the commute from anywhere.

Great place to work

I have been working at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel

Pros

My experience - Very flexible, and comfortable working environment. If you choose to pursue them, there are plenty of opportunities to receive free training on site that relates to your position. Management encourages continuous learning and challenges employees to improve in their position, yet provides a helping hand when needed.

Cons

The only thing I can think of - long walk to the employee parking lot from the casino.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I am very proud to be a member of the Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel employment team

I have been working at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel

Pros

-All of the employees are nice to one another, it is a very friendly environment
    - The hours are perfect for me, and they are very flexible in making my hours fit in with the rest of my life
    - I get paid very well for the work I do, and my benifits are great for me and my family
    - I get treated very well, they make me feel like I am a valuble asset to the company
    -You meet a lot of fun people while working there

Cons

- It's very busy on the weekends, it gets stressful at times
    - They have a point system if you are late or call in, which isn't very bad, I am just not used to it

- I can not offer any advice to managment, i think they are doing a fine job, they are running one of the largest Casinos in Minnesota, and I give them two thumbs up for doing a spectacular job

Great Place to Work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Prior Lake, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Prior Lake, MN

I worked at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel

Pros

Mystic Lake and the entire group of SMSC GE enterprises place a tremendous amount of caring for their team members. Its a great place to work with folks across broad professional levels. The senior management team does a good job in leading the organization and demonstrates the values they talk about in their interactions with the team.

Cons

Sometimes the "gambling" side of the business is over-emphasized by others outside the organization. It truly is about entertainment and value for the dollar. Unfortunately, not everyone recognizes this distinction when you interact with them and discuss where you work.

The leadership team is solid at Mystic Lake. Clearly articulating goals and objectives is key to aligning team members with desired results. Continue with remodeling plans and keep the smoke to a minimum.

Opportunities

I have been working at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel

Pros

Great Benefits, lots of opportunities to learn

Cons

Very strict rules, more than I was used to coming in. A lot of non-traditional work hours needed to put in above and beyond your regular hours. Management lacks a sense of planning, always constantly feeling reactive rather than proactive.Management openly shows they have favorites. Many departments seem to have a lot of wasteful positions with little to do expect to play candy crush on their iphones.

Try to be more neutral with employees, it makes morale go down when it seems like they go to the same favorites under them. Sometimes one questions what is really going on.

No complaints

Former Employee - Business Intelligence Developer  in  Prior Lake, MN
    Former Employee - Business Intelligence Developer in Prior Lake, MN

I worked at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent salary and benefits. I worked back in the business office and not on the floor, but Mystic Lake seems to take care of it's employees at all levels.

Cons

A bit short on the PTO. There is a weird vibe with working at a casino.

Great co-workers at the Slot Department. Abusive co-worker at the Blackjack office but management allows her.

Current Employee - Human Resources Staff  in  Prior Lake, MN
    Current Employee - Human Resources Staff in Prior Lake, MN

I have been working at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Most co-workers are supportive. We are in the same boat. Good place to work if you want to end gambling addiction and don't want to go far to gamble. Good career advancement if you have other skills and education.

Cons

They declare their own holiday. Special events is a holiday - you need to be there or you will get a ticket out next time. Real holidays are not paid holiday pays and you need to work if it is not your day off!

The white managers and some white co-workers are the worst ones; the American Indian co-workers and managers are the BEST ones. The tribe should instill courtesy and respect like the American Indians do, and not let the white managers allow abuses from employees of other races. After all, it is an American Indian employer. The tribe should look at all the terminations the white managers approved of. If they do, they will see that employees are being terminated because of they spoke of abuses of white co-workers (like a white employee that takes numerous and long smoke breaks! and verbally abuse co-workers!). I saw that some American Indian employees were treated badly by white co-workers and if you side with the American Indian employee, you will get fired! Someone got fired for being a friend of the American Indian employee. The white supervisor, white manager, and white employee all conspired to get rid of her so that she could not say or do anything about their abuses. That is how bad it is because everyone in the department knows how abusive the white employee is, yet no one in the management side would want to do anything about her abuses. The good worker American Indian and people who support this person is the one that is being "picked on" - and fired!

Exciting and energetic atmosphere. Lots of great benefits and a very diverse team of employees at Mystic Lake.

Former Employee - Slot Supervisor  in  Prior Lake, MN
    Former Employee - Slot Supervisor in Prior Lake, MN

I worked at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good pay and great benefits. You will meet lots of great people as they have a large workforce in the service industry.

Cons

Work weekends and nights and holidays.

Spend more time on team building. Felt that coworkers used to be closer but drifted apart apart during my tenure of almost 10 years.

One of a kind experience

Former Employee - Auditor  in  Prior Lake, MN
    Former Employee - Auditor in Prior Lake, MN

I worked at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Team members are wonderful to get to know and the benefits are wonderful

Cons

Swing and Grave hours are tough but working in the Gaming industry you first start out with the odd hours until you are able to switch the hours you would like.

If you say something, follow through on what you say and do not just apply it to certain team members, apply it to everyone.

Worked for Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel? Contribute to the Community!