Mythic Entertainment

www.mythicentertainment.com

Mythic Entertainment Reviews

Updated Jun 21, 2014

Mark Jacobs

Was a great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Fairfax, VA

ProsCulture, co-workers, the projects that we were working on, Wednesday breakfast food, camaraderie, the dress code. IT was a great place to work, I am sorry that I could not work there longer.

ConsThey closed the studio, so there is that.

Advice to Senior ManagementSure there were ups and downs, decisions that I didn't agree with, but all in all, I liked the management that I had to interact with there

A Studio like no other....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThough the Studio had its ups and downs, it always kept its chin up and it's team showed an uncanny resiliency to hardship. It felt as though in the last 2 years the Studio was rising out of the ashes like a Phoenix, working hard and 100% committing to the mobile space. Team morale, commitment and passion were at all time highs. The culture and dynamic were second to none in the EA family of Studios. I'll always have a special place in my heart for the Studio and all the incredible people!

ConsI would be lying if I was to say that there were never issues, no place is without, but to point out shortcomings now, doesn't feel right. Mythic was very special.

A special plac

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Fairfax, VA

ProsMythic was acquired by EA due to the huge commercial success of DAoC. Since then Mythic has done amazing things. Warhammer was a AAA mmo and without Mythic SWTOR could still be in production. While EA had all of its eggs in the SWTOR basket no investment was being made in future projects at Mythic. U4E became messy, a game originally intended for mobile and meddled with by both Bioware and the mobile group. Great things were being done at Mythic when we moved forward and launched Dungeon Keeper. Mythic had great leadership, creative minds, and very technically proficient people. It is a travesty that it does not exist anymore.

ConsLack of support from corporate. Warhammer Wrath of Heroes could have been a MOBA of the same caliber as League of Legends. Corporate would not market it and thus it did not get out of beta. This is just one example out of many of how there was no corporate support.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-open Mythic.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

How can anyplace else compete?

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Fairfax, VA

ProsMythic was a team -- a family -- of talented, motivated people working TOGETHER to try and create great games. We were honest with each other, we gave each other advice, and we looked after one another, rather than squabbling or trying to one-up each other for the next promotion.

ConsMy understanding is this: in a large public company, stock prices go up when people get laid off.

Advice to Senior ManagementWrite a book about culture & management, because based on these 5-star reviews, whatever you did worked.

More than a team, we are family

Software Engineering (Current Employee) Fairfax, VA

ProsA passionate and dedicated studio with some of the best talent to be found anywhere in the industry.

An amazing culture centered around open, honest and collaborative team structures. You always feel empowered to be a part of the creative process and to express your thoughts an opinions openly with your peers.

You wake up in the morning excited to come to work, see your friends and make great games.

A studio leadership team that genuinely cares about you as an individual and really takes the time help you grow and learn.

ConsBeing a studio that is part of a larger corporation present their own set of unique challenges, requirements, and decisions which occur out of your control.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to embrace the values that you have built the studio upon.

Amazing Studio

Software Engineer II (Former Employee) Fairfax, VA

ProsMythic is by far the best development studio I've ever worked at. It had an amazing atmosphere and culture that promoted a healthy, motivated team. The management genuinely cared about the employees. The studio was full of talent and I learned a lot while working there.

ConsCan't think of any. I really think it was ran well and enjoyed going into work

The last two years were great

Content Designer (Current Employee) Fairfax, VA

ProsIt felt like a startup, the team was highly energized. The leadership was totally transparent. Leadership was very human, went out of their way to protect and help the staff.

Consbeing totally unloved by EARS

Advice to Senior Managementkeep it real

Mythic is awesome

ProsMythic was a great place to work and had an awesome culture. The people were great

ConsIt was difficult for a studio with the history of Mythic to be part of a larger company. That's not a knock on EA, just the reality of the type of studio Mythic is and wanted to be.

Great studio

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsAmazing studio culture, laid back and relaxed, but results driven. Easy to have candid conversations with all levels up management straight up to the top, everyone's accessible.

ConsStill have corporate overlords fiddling with bits.

Love you Paul

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThank you for making everyday a day to remember. Everyone one of us is a better person and professional because of your leadership and guidance. You fought for us and we honestly couldn't have asked for a better GM.

ConsAs of 5.29.2014 Mythic is no longer open.

Worked for Mythic Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!