N2 Publishing

Duane Hixon

Growth, Professional and Personal

Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time for more than 3 years

ProsOutstanding product, Consistency Superb leadership, Flexibility, Ownership, Unlimited income potential, A program that works, A Culture for growth & inspiration.

My experience working at N2 has been great since the very beginning. I have grown professionally as well as personally over the past 3 years in a way that has changed the quality of my life. The leadership is real and genuine and authentic. They have given me the guidance and freedom to be the kind of business person I have always wanted to be. I have been able to reach many personal and professional goals. The flexibility of the position has also allowed me to be there for my family in a way that I could never be working in an office for someone else. N2 has opened up a whole new world for me and my family.

ConsIt wasn’t easy getting past the learning curve.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to protect the culture of N2 during massive growth.

Great Opportunity

Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time for more than a year

ProsN2 gives you all of the tools and training you need to succeed, but you have to apply yourself. It’s not a “show up and collect a check” job. You have to be disciplined and you have to work. Earning potential in incredible, company culture is unlike any I have ever experienced, and they do what they say.

ConsInitial ramp up time without income can be a challenge if you don’t have funds to support yourself. This has changed somewhat because of cross selling into other publications but you still need to plan accordingly.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust continue to do what you are doing!

N2 Pub seems to completely disregard existing digital endeavors of the same name prior to launching local magazines.

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time for more than a year

ProsNone. N2 is completely ignoring the more vital digital industry.

ConsFrustrating in this day and age to see a company like N2 completely ignore digital endeavors already underway. For example, before launching a "<city name + Life" magazine, do some due diligence on what's already out there in the digital world.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's the year 2014 N2. Get with it, and don't try to steamroll exiting digital only ventures with your old school mags of name that are already in use.

A great job with great people

Fernandina, FL

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time for less than a year

ProsSuperior Coaching & Leadership Flexibility Income Potential

ConsIt gets easier the more I do it but cold calling was hard in the beginning.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the tradition of helping people grow with a great program and support.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Potentially good opportunity, but VERY VERY misleading

Cleveland, OH

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time for less than a year

ProsWork life schedule flexibility. You work at your own pace, set own hours.

ConsLack of quality support, number of sales calls required to make a sale, selling something that doesn't even exist is very difficult, two required sales conferences in first four months (at my cost), initial training conference was cheapest I've ever attended, expect to not receive any compensation for five to six months, only about 10% actually make it into print.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in area directors, helping them to get publications up and running much sooner, if this is such a great product, then invest in it as much as new area directors are expected to invest (six months without any compensation)

Flag Review

N2 Publishing CEO responded to this review

Apr 15, 2014

Thanks for your feedback on glassdoor. While it's hard to know for sure if you are with N2 or not (due to the nature of review sites like this), assuming you are a part of our team, I sincerely hope ... More

A Blessing

Aiken, SC

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time for more than a year

ProsThe freedom and flexibility of my time. The faith based leadership. The relationships I get to build everyday with my sponsors, residents, and other Area Directors.

ConsNone to speak of. I love everything about my job. I love the freedom and flexibility of my time, and the people I get to work with everyday.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for helping people to grow. Keep up the great work!

Great company, great income opportunity, great flexibility

Baltimore, MD

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time for more than a year

ProsChristian company, open to talk about Jesus and pray, not afraid to share our faith, flexibility with my work schedule, great income opportunity.

ConsOpen to feedback from people like us about systems, suggestions that would be heard and possibly implemented.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work! Continue to help people. Thank you for giving everyone an opportunity to experience the life of their dreams.

Excellent career opportunity for the Entrepreneur....but not for everyone

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time for more than a year

ProsI just celebrated one year working with N2 Publishing. Prior to N2 I had owned a well known national franchise. I already make more than I did with my previous business which I had for 7 years. Before I was chained to my store and found that I had basically purchased a job. With N2 I truly have flexibility in my schedule. I am coaching my sons' soccer team which I never could have done before. Working as an Area Director and publishing a monthly magazine is not easy work, it takes dedication, commitment and a strong work ethic. This job requires the ability to be self motivated and consistent and the ability to work the initial 3-6 months with no income. I love that my compensation is a direct result of my work. The harder I work the more I make. If you are self motivated and willing to consistently work hard, you can earn an incredible income without sacrificing your family in the process.

ConsGetting through the initial 3-6 months without income can be a challenge for some. Personally, I would do that in a second over paying $350k for a franchisee that may or may not work.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to develop the local leadership team. I know this is in the works and believe it will make the difference in seeing N2 grow as a company for years to come.

Solid company with incredible leadership!

Clearwater, FL

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time for more than a year

ProsFlexibility, support, tools, training, leaders, income potential, I could go on and on.....

ConsThe only con is that you do not get paid while in ramp up; however, we are seeing a change in that too with all the cross selling into other publications. Now, ADC's have the opportunity to earn money while they are ramping up their own publications.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for your leadership!

The most positive, family-oriented company I've ever worked for.

Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at N2 Publishing full-time for more than 3 years

ProsYou have full control of your own salary, weekly schedule, and vacation time.

ConsSometimes, depending on the day of your deadline each month, it falls on a weekend or holiday.

Advice to Senior ManagementThough I know we have Directors of Development that are local and are reachable all the time, sometimes I need to reach my Executive Sales Director for important advice I know my Director of Development can't answer, and he is unreachable if I don't have a scheduled phone appointment with him. Not because he doesn't want to take my phone call...he is extremely busy.

Worked for N2 Publishing? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at N2 Publishing reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for N2 Publishing CEO Duane Hixon. All 43 reviews posted anonymously by N2 Publishing employees.