N3

Updated December 3, 2014
Updated December 3, 2014
3.2

Jeff Laue

I have had an extremely positive experience at N3.

Current Employee - Business Development Representative
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative

I have been working at N3 full-time (more than an year)

Pros

N3 is an overall great place to work. The culture is fun and laid back as long as you get your work done. Starting off, I was not doing well. They gave me a chance and put me on programs in which they thought I was excel, and I did. They pay for any overtime and there is also great potential to bonus each month. They give us lunch every week and breakfast once a month. There are also fully stocked snacks and candy every single day. They give us off the day before holidays as well.

Cons

I have no complaints. As long as you're producing and doing what you need to be doing, there's no reason to not like working here.

Communication is key.

Business Development Rep

I have been working at N3

Pros

if you are fresh out of college its a good stepping stone. you learn how corporate life is. theres free food and people are cool. the company always takes care of the employees in the sense of food and drinks.

Cons

straight cold calling. They don't train you much. you will be expected to produce 7 to 10 leads a month (which is not easy if you don't know much about the campaign, which they will give you documents and tell you to research and learn.

Get rid of the Graduate Program, its silly. and useless

Business Development Rep

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at N3 full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Food served on every Wednesday to all employees

Cons

training not consistent when everyone come into the company

Hard work, fun environment

I worked at N3 full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people that work here are very fun! There is free food, free snacks, and drinks. A lot of the people that work there get along and they provide a collaborative environment.

Cons

There can be some disconnect between upper management and workers. The messages about tasks or data entry can be different everyday.

continue to make your staff happy, but make sure to communicate to the entire staff the changes to be implemented.

N3 is a solid company

I have been working at N3

Pros

N3 provides a solid foundation in sales. Great work environment and young coworkers. They have events and employee lunches at least once a week. Good salary to start off.

Cons

Training is not as thorough as it could be. You only do lead generation which hurts if you try to get other sales jobs. Job is cold calling all day, everyday. No sexy advancement opportunities.

I worked for N3 for four years between 2007-2011, and I am back!

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at N3 full-time (less than an year)

Pros

N3 gives me a career path in which I am challenged, never bored, and always provided support to succeed. The dynamic business model at N3 provided me with sales techniques from cold calling all the way through to closing opportunities in a sales cycle. I left N3 in June 2011 to assist in a family business wherein I used the skills I developed from N3 and applied them to end-to-end sales and service operations. N3 is growing due to their clients continuing relationships and the absolute need they fill for many companies that are looking to grow themselves. I know that I have an opportunity to grow as an employee and to further develop my sales skills as a career path.

Cons

Unfortunately, N3 is a sales focused, fast paced environment that does not fit all employee types. Being the competitive nature of employment in the industry that it is, some people compare themselves too much to others and look elsewhere, even after being offered several support programs. We meet a lot of good people and don't like to see them leave.

There is a very structured management team, so a blanket message has to be appropriate. Listen to all employees, especially the ones that care. This is a statement for any manager.

Not a great place to work. Purely a call center with high expectations for employees

I worked at N3 full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The staff and managers that I worked with were all good people. Once you are there for a 3-6 months, they move you upstairs with the more experienced BDRs and the environment is much better up there.

Cons

Managers constantly switch and add BDRs to different campaigns with no notice (most of the time, whatever campaign needs numbers they will put more people on). There is a lot of learning required on your own if you are going to do well on your phone calls. Not much training.

Need more communication and training with employees

Horrible Experience

I worked at N3 full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Really easy work for pretty decent pay

Cons

- Mindless work
    - Cold-calling all day long
    - They put you on a campaign without training you are telling you anything about the project
    - Super into micro-managing
    - Extremely high turn-over rate (I bet 10 people quit every week and 10 new people would be added each week)
    - The average employee only works there for about 3 months before they have had enough and quit
    - If you are not doing well on a campaign, the management team is quick to point out what you did incorrectly, but no one ever gives any tips or advice
    - No one is happy at that job, even the ones that have been around for a while
    - This is not a job that will WOW anyone on a resume

I don't really know that there is anything that can be done to make this a better experience for employees. That would require changing the entire business model.

Call center entry level job, nothing more, nothing less

Former Employee - Business Development Representative in North Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Business Development Representative in North Atlanta, GA

I worked at N3 as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Free snacks and beverages, sales and lead generation is a nice resume builder. Great pay for entry level work.

Cons

They can and quite frequently do fire employees without any prior warning. No performance review, and management does little or nothing to tell you that your job is in jeopardy. You are technically a temp employee through Randstad, and they don't tell you this before you commit to work there, which is sketchy to say the least. The job consists solely of cold calling, with the occasional assignment here and there that they will expect you to complete (all the while making your minimum expected dials per day). I cannot recommend working here unless you enjoy cold calling or you are desperate for a job.

Much of the management team is not well suited to manage, and is out of touch with the work the employees do. I recommend more on-time performance evaluations (as they were often done weeks late) and to be more forthcoming that employees actually are temps working through Randstad before candidates are committed.

TERRIBLE place to work

Current Employee - Management in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Management in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at N3 full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you need to get a job fast and you can BS, you will be hired.

Cons

- If you are not white, straight, Christian and management fearing, N(3) is not a place you will be successful.
     -N(3) has been sued multiple times and lost (settled out of court) for racial discrimination and sexual harassment.
    - Jeff Laue, the owner, is an abusive functioning alcoholic, who will yell and berate employees publicly (used to have BDR's in my office weekly in tears).
    - N(3) will do everything in their power to pay as little as they can to BDR's in commissions and if you question them about the practice, you will be fired.
    - Management is always threatening employees with termination.
    - Benefits are not good at all.
    - There is no sales or product training, that is why most people are fired for "lack of results."
    - Extremely high turn over. 10 out, 10 in a week.
    - N(3)'s business model is very similar to Cbeyond's...Churn and burn..

Tell the truth.