NAB

Updated August 19, 2014
Updated August 19, 2014

2.8

Marc Gardner

Pros
  • Work life balance is quite good, employee benefits are good in terms of banking products like credit cards, home loans, etc (in 5 reviews)

• Open kitchen on each floor with free popcorn, ice cream, and Slurpees (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • The upper management and C-Level members are very disrespectful to anyone below their level (in 5 reviews)

• Nearly all senior management is bad at their job (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Best employer have ever worked for.

Pros

Good career pathways; numerous career opportunities.

Cons

Salary level not as comparable compare to any other banks in Australia for similar roles.

Cutting edge company and a good group of people to work with

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Pros

Nice work environment with a work hard/play hard mentality

Cons

Poor communication between the departments

Communicate better and act more swiftly to resolve any issues that may present themselves

Chaos and craziness

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Troy, MI

Pros

The best thing about working at NAB is when the CEO is on vacation or out of the office. Teams work together to make things happen with the exception of just a few long time employees. There are improvements but the most important changes haven't happened yet.

Cons

The CEO and some of his long time associates just can't or maybe won't change. They are disrespectful. We talk about being disruptive all the time but all we disrupt is our own business.

Please find a way to get Marc out of the office more so we can make some real progress. Get out and talk to the employees more.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

underwriting

Pros

the kitchen is stock with popcorn, slush, coffee, ice cream.
    beautiful bright building,high tech and fun people. I didn't mine going to work everyday.

Cons

They will lay you off...if your part time...your more than likely a temp too...beware of one lady team leader who a total meanie who they need to lay off and let go. quick fast in hurry....pay sucks!

you guys are cool. it just one team leader you need to put on a lease..and tighten it. Most of management got let go.

Software and Development Department

Pros

VP of Software and Development has guided the department to a more agile environment that allows the teams to adjust quickly to the ever changing direction.

Cons

Strategy at the top level is lacking which creates a tremendous amount of pressure and confusion for the groups.

More time and energy needs to be devoted to creating a unique strategy for the company while also trying to minimize knee jerk reactions to our competitors.

Horrible

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative  in  Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Troy, MI

Pros

Pays bills...barely, build good friendships with some employees, popcorn, ice cream and slush machine

Cons

Management, time off requests never gets approved, no morale, over worked under paid, childish employees

Compensate your employees

Great company along with some great individuals, however time to learn from some mistakes.

Current Employee - Employee  in  Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Employee in Troy, MI

Pros

Great building with lots of little perks - Flexible timing and very understanding direct management (most of them).

Cons

Some of the management personnels don't have the right interest in the company and employees - Recent decisions have been made just because I don't like you so I will lay off you. Also there is hidden agenda in place and even though management is trying to enforce Speed Of Trust concept in employees, they themselves don't practice it.
    Also there are some employees who think of themselves very high and doesn't approve of this work place - advise to them is, "no one is stopping you, please use either door and get out of here".
    Health benefits are very expensive and 401k employer share is very very minimal. If you agree that humans are your best assets, you should treat them as such and instead of spending millions on show off things and lavish holiday party, spend that money to make employees life comfortable.

Listen to average employees, make work place more attractive and favorable by implementing fair policies and trusting each other - Get rid of people who are making employees life miserable and it is so because you letting it happen - You should practice what you preach.
    I still have faith in this company and I am hoping that it will turn around and once again will believe in human force as it's best asset (as once company's CEO said).

Crazy Rush of 300 Calls

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive  in  Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Troy, MI

Pros

At the time I worked there, the compensation package for sales reps ("Senior Account Executives") had great potential. It was, superficially, anyway, a very fun work environment, and management carefully screened most new employees; most of the people hired in my class were "winners" - at first.

Cons

Actually *making* sales for NAB was very hard. Once I learned about all the hidden fees that NAB charges merchants, I got discouraged and went back to a former job. I felt that we were not being honest with merchants, and at least a few of the merchants agreed. As somebody who wants to be honest 100% of the time I simply felt I couldn't continue here.

Be more transparent about fees. Stop using outside reps - they simply aren't providing a consistent experience for merchants. Focus more on quality than growth. It can't be fun to be in upper management in this company, although I am admittedly amazed by its staying power and growth - products, perhaps, more of a ravenous desire for expansion than the quality of service.

Lack of appreciation

Pros

Talented people work at NAB

Cons

Employees are underpaid except IT positions, managed by fear.

Treat your employees better through respect, compensation and building a culture of trust.

This place is a Joke

Current Employee - Mobile Developer  in  Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Mobile Developer in Troy, MI

Pros

Nice coworkers...cheap vending machines, popcorn and slushies

Cons

Marc Gardner is like Steve Josb but without the vision or intelligence. Unrealistic expectations with zero technical knowledge. Mobile development team is treated like and paid like slaves. Horrible first real world job fresh out of college.

Sell the company to someone who knows what they are doing.

Worked for NAB? Contribute to the Community!