NAB

Updated Jul 3, 2014
NAB – Troy – “NAB”

Marc Gardner

underwriting

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosthe kitchen is stock with popcorn, slush, coffee, ice cream.
    beautiful bright building,high tech and fun people. I didn't mine going to work everyday.

ConsThey will lay you off...if your part time...your more than likely a temp too...beware of one lady team leader who a total meanie who they need to lay off and let go. quick fast in hurry....pay sucks!

Advice to Senior Managementyou guys are cool. it just one team leader you need to put on a lease..and tighten it. Most of management got let go.

Go girl!

Troy, MI

ProsTerri Harwood. I sincerely believe, along with most of my colleagues, that she is the best thing to happen at NAB, ever. She says what she means and does what she says and is the only leader with the guts to make changes for the great good of the company without worrying about popularity or looks.

ConsNAB is a challenging place to work for lots of reasons but I'm psyched for the new changes the latest announcement will bring.

Advice to Senior ManagementLead like Terri with honesty, integrity, collaboration and fun.

Horrible

Technical Support Representative (Former Employee)
    Troy, MI

ProsPays bills...barely, build good friendships with some employees, popcorn, ice cream and slush machine

ConsManagement, time off requests never gets approved, no morale, over worked under paid, childish employees

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensate your employees

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software and Development Department

ProsVP of Software and Development has guided the department to a more agile environment that allows the teams to adjust quickly to the ever changing direction.

ConsStrategy at the top level is lacking which creates a tremendous amount of pressure and confusion for the groups.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore time and energy needs to be devoted to creating a unique strategy for the company while also trying to minimize knee jerk reactions to our competitors.

Great company along with some great individuals, however time to learn from some mistakes.

Employee (Current Employee)
    Troy, MI

ProsGreat building with lots of little perks - Flexible timing and very understanding direct management (most of them).

ConsSome of the management personnels don't have the right interest in the company and employees - Recent decisions have been made just because I don't like you so I will lay off you. Also there is hidden agenda in place and even though management is trying to enforce Speed Of Trust concept in employees, they themselves don't practice it.
    Also there are some employees who think of themselves very high and doesn't approve of this work place - advise to them is, "no one is stopping you, please use either door and get out of here".
    Health benefits are very expensive and 401k employer share is very very minimal. If you agree that humans are your best assets, you should treat them as such and instead of spending millions on show off things and lavish holiday party, spend that money to make employees life comfortable.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to average employees, make work place more attractive and favorable by implementing fair policies and trusting each other - Get rid of people who are making employees life miserable and it is so because you letting it happen - You should practice what you preach.
    I still have faith in this company and I am hoping that it will turn around and once again will believe in human force as it's best asset (as once company's CEO said).

Crazy Rush of 300 Calls

Senior Account Executive (Former Employee)
    Troy, MI

ProsAt the time I worked there, the compensation package for sales reps ("Senior Account Executives") had great potential. It was, superficially, anyway, a very fun work environment, and management carefully screened most new employees; most of the people hired in my class were "winners" - at first.

ConsActually *making* sales for NAB was very hard. Once I learned about all the hidden fees that NAB charges merchants, I got discouraged and went back to a former job. I felt that we were not being honest with merchants, and at least a few of the merchants agreed. As somebody who wants to be honest 100% of the time I simply felt I couldn't continue here.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more transparent about fees. Stop using outside reps - they simply aren't providing a consistent experience for merchants. Focus more on quality than growth. It can't be fun to be in upper management in this company, although I am admittedly amazed by its staying power and growth - products, perhaps, more of a ravenous desire for expansion than the quality of service.

Lack of appreciation

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTalented people work at NAB

ConsEmployees are underpaid except IT positions, managed by fear.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees better through respect, compensation and building a culture of trust.

This place is a Joke

Mobile Developer (Current Employee)
    Troy, MI

ProsNice coworkers...cheap vending machines, popcorn and slushies

ConsMarc Gardner is like Steve Josb but without the vision or intelligence. Unrealistic expectations with zero technical knowledge. Mobile development team is treated like and paid like slaves. Horrible first real world job fresh out of college.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell the company to someone who knows what they are doing.

Good hardware and software, clueless management, technically and inter-personally incompetant

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Troy, MI

ProsNice location, great building, lotsa free munchies, great fellow workers trying their hardest to make a go of this company.

ConsTotally incompetent IS middle and upper management. Software QA manager a total joke. Has not idea what's going on in his own department, just likes playing politics. No direction and recognition, just a pink slip when "someone doesn't like someone" no assistance to improve. No recognition for achievement. Lots of finger pointing and blame game, no rewards for going "above and beyond" to satisfy customers, so you learn real fast not to in this job. Why do they promote incompetents to management? Don't ever consult with actual workers and job achievers. Communication is strictly one-way, down the silo. Few software testers who know what they are doing soon leave for better jobs, more pay and recognition. Owner likes to play with interior decorating and workstations, no clue as to what technical professionals NEED for good work environment. Too noisy and too many interruptions and distractions in latest "re-design" of work environment, which severely impacts productivity, especially in Agile environment which they say they want to install, but everyone in management ignores under pressure to "get the apps out" No organization in company to help out the call center people deal with the technology forced to use, one guy JUST ONE GUY in entire IS dept. who is willing to help them, and he is routinely ignored (clueless manager) for input, again this severely impacts productivity.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of them all and hire replacements WITH PROVEN TRACK RECORD OF MANAGING TECHNICAL PROFESSIONALS IN DEVELOPMENT ENVIRONMENT also with excellent communications and human resources (liveware) management skills -- i.e. no "offshore" people, being "onshored" who have no conception of how to communicate and motivate native citizen workforce. Current IS management method is "rule by threats and intimidation" that is all they know, that is how they were treated "back home" that is their idea of how to manage technical professionals.

ISO Sale Disclosure to ISO is best anywhere

ISO Sales (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsThey Disclose every account set up from call in's to every card type to break down of split
    Agent Portal Awesome

ConsSometimes New support being trained waste a little time

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to ISO request

Worked for NAB? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NAB reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NAB CEO Marc Gardner. All 54 reviews posted anonymously by NAB employees.