NACCO Materials Handling

NACCO Materials Handling President and CEO Michael P. Brogan

Michael P. Brogan

Lots of opportunities

Engineer (Current Employee) Fairview, OR

ProsNMHG is a smaller company. There are a lot of opportunities for career growth and advancement, but many positions require the employee to wear many hats. At bigger companies the responsibilities would be filled by multiple employees. This is good for exposure, experience, and advancement but bad if you're not willing to take on the responsibility. Those that don't are not fired, they just don't advance as quickly.

ConsIt's a small company and sometimes things are not 100% smooth. The core people are dedicated to the customer, but there are sometimes problems with smaller companies (resources, manpower, equipment, etc.)

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company needs to hire and promote people with industry experience. I admire the move towards hiring young talent, unfortunately they are extremely limited regarding practical experience. This slows product development.

NACCO MHG employees are the greatest.

Sales (Former Employee) Greenville, NC

ProsSalaries and benefits are above average for Business in Greenville. Support the local charities and ECU. Provides in house doctor office.

ConsI have worked in a stressed situation with micro managers in the Accounting and Fleet department. National Accounts was challenging due to poor communication, work overload.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployee moral is the key to success

Good job, great people

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Fairview, OR

ProsNMHG is a leading designer and manufacturer of industrial lift trucks. As such, you are in on the ground floor of developing todays and tomorrows industrial equipment, with all the associated perks and challenges. Pays competitively for the industry, with a generous benefit package. Many long term (30 - 40 year) employees. Good, solid group of co-workers who are invested in the company and its products.

ConsVery fast paced work environment. You typically do not have the luxury of spending an extended amount of time on a given project, so you need to be very organized and able to prioritize well. Depending on your position, can require some travel.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep focused on the long term health of the company and its products by investing in your work force.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company Sucks

Senior Pricing Analyst (Current Employee) Greenville, NC

ProsPay is very good for the area

ConsPolitics, lack of Integrity and dishonesty

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up and quit your cockiness

Meh

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery good salary and benefits - especially health insurance - for this area of the country. Can flex work hours which is nice. Senior management are long term employees, many who have risen through the ranks.

ConsSeems to have a high percentage of unhappy, disgruntled employees; workload not balanced between departments - some areas are overworked & need more headcount while other areas have too many people with little to do. Many members of senior management are very old school and don't see the need to upgrade systems or improve the way things are done.

Advice to Senior ManagementMove into the 21st century, please. Leave the ivory tower occasionally and find out what can be done to entice people to stay. (Hint: it's more than just a good salary; it's respect and a good work environment, too.)

A awesome company to work for, and they make decisions based on the employee needs.

ProsI love the friendly atmosphere, it's not hard work, and the pay is excellent for this area.

ConsOne of the challenges of nacco, Are the long hours you have to work and the overtime.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork with the employees with degrees, to get them in the fields they are good at, instead of referring them to go work for other companies to get work experience.

enjoyable and great learning; good all round people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosproactively seeks ways to assist employees in career development and planning within the company; has very good benefits; many people have extensive years with the company so there is vast knowledge to be gleaned

Consit is definitely a big corporate environment so at critical times, the possibility is there to be just a number;

Clek

Clerk (Current Employee) Greenville, NC

ProsNice place to work. Very clean and people are very nice to work with

ConsHow to learn the processes very fast and be very accurate.

Lot's of changes--looks like for the better--

Assembly (Current Employee) Greenville, NC

ProsGreat pay and benefits. Four day work week is good an allows for time off. Neighborhoods are ok. New leaders that you can talk to and actually do something.

ConsStrict attendance, sometimes confusion over parts . Sometimes can be a lot of overtime to make up.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome good changes lately. Managers and HR are out on the floor. Supervisors are finally doing what they are paid to do and resolving issues. Stress more on doin a good quality job.

Great Internship

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat company that notices potential in their interns. I was treated like a regular employee and were not afraid to make suggestions

ConsWork was kind of slow at first.

Advice to Senior Managementas an intern I did not see any issues and my manager knew how to manage interns

Worked for NACCO Materials Handling? Contribute to the Community!