NAES

Updated Jun 10, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bob Fishman

Wonderful people, great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Issaquah, WA

ProsGreat work environment, wonderful people. Lots of opportunity to take on additional tasks to learn more about the Company. I found the culture to be very inviting, I would still be there if my department hadn't dissolved.

ConsWhen I was there, there was a large shift in upper management in the department I was working in which left me no choice but to find alternative work. I made the right choice as soon after I left the department no longer existed.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have heard the new management is doing very well.

Overall a continued good experience with minor complaint of schedule

Power Plant Operator (Current Employee)

ProsGreat benefits and great pay. Professional environment.

ConsThe modified Dupont schedule is a little rough. We work a 12 hour swing shift that rotates every 2 weeks and when we do rotate from days to night shift we work Sunday day shift and then have to report for Night shift on Monday. It would be nice to have a buffer instead of switching poles so soon with no room to adjust sleep cycle. To me this creates a safety concern for employees that have to drive home on a longer commute. Half of the guys that work at my plant live about a half hour or more from the site and have mentioned scary moments of falling asleep behind the wheel on the way home. "Safety is no accident."

Advice to Senior ManagementPerhaps encouraging individual plants to devote some time to create improved schedules that incorporate scheduled days off between rotating shifts.

More money in the budget for training, company clothing and team building exercises would be appreciated.

Good people that care.

Project Manager, Safety (Former Employee) Issaquah, WA

ProsGreat opportunities, good benefits, great office and support. The people there are really nice and helpful and want to do a great job.

ConsToo much travel, life outside of work was tough to plan. Work-life balance was really non-existent. There was not much opportunity for growth and it is definitely a boys club. Just look at the management page on their webpage..... mostly older white males. If you aren't - don't count on getting into management.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

NEAS is a competitive third party power generation operator.

Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) Weldon, NC

ProsCompetitive pay and benefits. Multiple sites and wide range of positions.

ConsPolicy implementation is ambiguous. Interpretation of policy is open to management discretion

Advice to Senior ManagementStandardize policy accros all sites.

Great company to work for!

ProsOpportunities for advancement, commitment to Safety.

ConsNeed more employee development and mentoring programs to prepare for aging workforce issues down the road

Need a policy and Procedures review and update

ProsThis organization has potential to be a Leader in the Industry.

ConsStop telling employees and customers how great they are, and show them how Great NAES is.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop talking about fixing issues, policy and procedures and fix them. Make sure all employees including management are accountable. Develope a culture of doing the next right thing.

It is a good company to work for.

ProsYou will learn a lot from them.

ConsYou put in a lot of time to get less money

My experience at North American Was Great the Opportunity to learn and open. new door

Custodian/Boiler Operator (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsEvery One Working together as a team to reach the same goal.

ConsWhen things go wrong computer can go off line or boiler tub blow out .

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for the Oppertunity to work with a great group of people and a great Org

They think money is everything!

Power Plant Specialist (Former Employee) Lockport, NY

ProsEmployees are well compensated, but overworked. Benefits are average, but vacation time is scarce. Salaries are good and there is tons of overtime plus an annual bonus. There is plenty of money to be made here, but employees practiacally live at the plant during peak operating seasons (summer)

ConsThey feel that since you are well compensated, you shouldn't care about anything else. Any complaint is met with "if you don't like it, there's the door!"

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a sufficient number of operators at your plants. Grow a backbone and stand up to the owners who abuse your employees.

A company that cares more about profits than about its employees.

Operations (Current Employee) Albany, NY

Pros401k with employer match. Decent health insurance. Nice amount of vacation time. Lots of career opportunities within the company. Bonus program, scholarship opportunities.

ConsBonus is set up so its almost impossible to earn 100 percent of it. Health insurance co-pays and prescription cost keep rising. You have to use vacation time first in order to use sick time. Very anti-union.

Advice to Senior ManagementStrive to develop better employee relations. Listen to the recommendations of your employees in order to make a better working environment.

Worked for NAES? Contribute to the Community!