www.nai-online.com

Updated August 24, 2014
2.1

NAI Chairman, CEO, and Assistant Treasurer Mark A. LeDoux
Mark A. LeDoux

Understandable and effective quality procedures.

Former Employee - Quality in San Marcos, CA
    Former Employee - Quality in San Marcos, CA

I worked at NAI full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Even though paper-based, the quality system functioned well. You learn a lot about the products you're making and realize the criticality each department's involvement with handling materials are.

The team I worked with was great. I still keep in contact with several of them through the years.

Cons

In my experience, compensation was just too low. I think the conversion from temp to permanent employees is too long: taking over a year for some coworkers.

There's not a lot of room to grow and sometimes more responsibilities get assigned to one person in a group of 5. So if that person is out for a week, bottlenecks occur for that particular task.

Split up responsibilities, and give more opportunities for non-lead team players to be responsible for things.

Good people, bad processes

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, CA

I have been working at NAI full-time

Pros

Customers are challenging and mostly very knowledgable in the vitamin and supplement industry. You will learn the most from them about account management, process, risk assessment, etc. Department cohesion depends on the department, but the team atmosphere under management (maybe in spite of them) is very collaborative and team based, as there is no other formal training.

Cons

Promotions seem to go to those who stick it out the longest. Management does not have much in the way of training in the leadership department. Most departments are left to their own devices, creating a very siloed atmosphere. While they value talent and work ethic, they do not provide training or tools to facilitate any type of efficiency in the work environment. Systems are paper based, there are no customer or manufacturing management systems and thus projects are prone to extremely overdue deadlines and much human error. HR tends to only get involved to give good people a hard time for irrelevant issues (dress code) and they leave liability employees to wreak havoc on department morale (screaming arguments).

Pay your good people better, get your management some leadership training, and for god's sake get an ERP/Customer Management Saas system.

Antagonistic Environment

Former Employee - Project Lead in San Marcos, CA
    Former Employee - Project Lead in San Marcos, CA

I worked at NAI full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible Work schedule and ability to interact with colleagues and clients

Cons

Very antagonistic environment. Constant infighting between departments. Bitter and angry spirit of work. Company has the ability to thrive, but for some odd reason they channel all of their resources and energy toward initiating conflict with anyone who is not angry. It is a very strange environment to try and strive in. It is not the type of environment that you can make progress in.

Instill a positive work environment. Develop a better structure to support project flow.

Commercial Real Estate Not For Me

Former Employee - CHIEF MARKETING OFFICER in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - CHIEF MARKETING OFFICER in Miami, FL

I worked at NAI

Pros

In commercial real estate, you meet a lot of different people. The global councils are very effective.

Cons

They need to get their act together. The infighting between partners is ridiculous. The business model doesn't lend itself to growth for marketing professionals. Very unsatisfying experience.

Get your act together. Your team doesn't need to know that the partners don't agree on anything.

Standard commercial brokerage

Current Employee - Broker
    Current Employee - Broker

I have been working at NAI as a contractor

Pros

Well, there is a flexible schedule and some referrals from other markets. The website has good tools sand webinars for advanced learning. The economist for NAI is very strong.

Cons

Many weak or unscrupulous offices. Get everything in writing!

Be careful about who is representing the NAI name in each market

I worked at NAI

Pros

Flexible hours
    Frequent client interactions
    Small office which allowed you to develop good relationships with coworkers
    Opportunities to contribute my ideas

Cons

Since it was a small office, there was only so far you could advance within our own office. It also meant, sometimes I had to do things outside of my job description

More organization that allows the employees to be more efficient because they are given good direction. Allow for better training for new employees.