NAMSA

Updated Mar 12, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

John J Gorski

Great people in a growing business and growing space

Director (Current Employee)
    Minneapolis, MN

ProsGreat people in a growing business and growing space

ConsGrowing fast but often not able to dedicate resources properly and often unwilling to empower directors and managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower the organization

Principal Technologist

ProsGood company to for recent graduate. Good management. Job timing is good 9 to 5. Hardly any late hours.

ConsBecomes a little monotonous sometimes.

A wonderful experience!

Lab Technician (Current Employee)
    Irvine, CA

ProsFriendly People, environment conductive to learning, my experience at NAMSA has been wonderful as I have learned so much.

ConsSome downsides to NAMSA is that everyone is so busy all the time which is good because it means the company gets business but sometimes there would be periods of heavy work followed by a period of light work.

Advice to Senior ManagementI really like the company culture that is created from all the company wide events like the holiday parties and so on.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It is a well managed company and treats there employees with respect

Northwood, OH

ProsWell managed, lets the individual do their job without interference..It is competitive with salary and benefits. Maintains a good work atmosphere. It puts employees in situation where they can grow.

ConsPossibly improve on computer systems

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Employees are Disposable

Somewhwere In the Middle (Former Employee)
    Northwood, OH

ProsThe pay is good and so are the benefits. Scientifically, they do good work and the experience gained at this company is first rate and very valuable.

ConsIt's a sweatshop. Burnout is planned and turnover is high. Take your experience and plan to move on within two to three years. There are some nice people, but some very, VERY bad ones too (with influence). Be very careful who you trust.

Advice to Senior ManagementMiddle management is dumped on and tries hard. Upper management and staff lead by intimidation and indifference. Executive level are mostly owners and are money driven.

Stepping Stone

ProsGreat people in my department. They care about customers and work very hard.

ConsLong work hours. Senior Management won't believe we are busy but they keep hiring more Vice Presidents. Everyone wants to leave this company and will do that as soon as the opportunity presents itself. Pay is the bottom of the scale. If you are related to the big familes that dominate this company, I would imagine that you are paid well and get promotions. Seems like everyone is related and belongs to two families.

Advice to Senior ManagementTime to change management. Company picnics seem more like a family reunion than a picnic.

Used

Microbiology Technician (Current Employee)
    Irvine, CA

ProsJob Security. Bonus Check in December.

ConsOverworked, underpaid, under-appreciated. If someone who works in the lab quits, they take forever to replace that individual. The workload remains the same though, making it extremely difficult to make deadlines with a lack of staff. By time someone is hired, the people who were busting their butts to meet deadlines then feel like quitting. It is a never ending cycle. The pay is also horrible. They started me below the minimum salary for my position and didn't let me know of that until 6 months in. I immediately demanded a raise.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have a lot of customers but you don't focus on keep your workers happy, which should be your #1 customers. Without good workers you can not please your clients.

Slowly despising my job....

ProsThere are some very nice and pleasant people that work here. And then there are toxic personalities that spoil it.

ConsToo many family members/spouses work here, some in the same department! Ridiculous amounts of overtime followed by droughts of no work. Right now, we are so backed up with work it is never-ending. And more and more stuff gets logged in every day. It also seems that despite having several labs in the United States, the work is not evenly divided between them.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen the company is really busy, learn to say no to a few clients and let the labs get caught up. You will lose more clients by the mistakes overworked employees make than saying no once in a while.

Overall positive experience in an enviroment with many technical learning opportunities.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe family that owns NAMSA is full of integrity and have a genuine interest in whats best for the company and its employees. CEO has an open door policy, positive demeanor and is an all around good person. The financially stablility of the company makes for job security in a growing industry.

ConsPolitical landscape is difficult to navigate if you don't have connections in the right positions. As a result, career advancement, in many cases, is based more on who you know rather than what you know. Single individuals in key management positions pull the strings on who advances to management and who remains held back. At which point, the only way up is to get out.

Advice to Senior ManagementDig deep to learn what really goes on in management decisions. Does your operational managment team really have the values that they say they do?

Pretty good place to work

Medical Research Manager (Current Employee)
    Northwood, OH

ProsGreat team to work with

ConsNot all positions offer good career advancement

Worked for NAMSA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NAMSA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NAMSA CEO John J Gorski. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by NAMSA employees.