NANA Reviews

Pleasant experience.

Former Employee - Enterprise Architect  in  Anchorage, AK
    Former Employee - Enterprise Architect in Anchorage, AK

I worked at NANA full-time for more than a year

Pros

The particular group that I worked in was for the most part extremely competent which made going to work fun. We had a lot of freedom to deliver solutions. Work-life balance was exceptional for the most part.

Cons

Typical corporate and regional politics. Not the best benefits in the world, but far from the worst.

Your employees are your greatest assets. Continue to build your businesses around your exceptional teams.

Don't bother yourself applying

I have been working at NANA

Pros

Should be good for people who have passion for fashion

Cons

interview process is awful..wouldn't recommend for any ambitious person

Started out great but all downhill after the wedding night. Cazador lacks truth.

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Herndon, VA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Herndon, VA

I worked at NANA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of the people I got to meet and work with.

Cons

Promised a full time job - NOT, Promised family time - NOT, Promised time to travel, but working 12-18 hours a day, Seven days a week, didn't get to travel at all. Was promised two fights home, Two years and never saw home, or vacation.

Deliver what your managers promise to the employees or get rid of the managers that lie.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Only worked a few months with IKUN not a good company to work for

Former Employee - Warehouse Specialist  in  Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Warehouse Specialist in Alexandria, VA

I worked at NANA as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Pros – * This review is actually for Ikun, LLC who is a part of Nana.
    They issue you work polos so that you do not mess up your shirts doing work around the warehouse.

*The co workers there are great to work with. They make your day go by so fast after dealing with crazy things.

*The government staff are also great and helpful to work with.

Cons

Cons –
     * Ikun will rewrite your job title so they can pay you as much as 20% less than what you were making doing the same job with the previous company who lost the contract.

* You are hired for a specific position, but are required to be a "team player" and do all jobs because they underbid on contracts and don't hire people to do the work.

* Even though you give a two week notice prior to leaving, they have major issue with you leaving early on your last workday due to their lack of planning.

* Must be with the company a year before you get vacation time. If you leave like I did before one year, you don't get any vacation pay you may have accrued.

*They place too much on your plate, you exceed, yet still underpaid.

*It seems like they cater to one or two more than others when they should be treating everyone the same.

*They also need to do a better job a training whoever comes in to do a specific job title.

Advice to Senior Management – * Don't underbid on contracts so you can't hire enough people to do the mission. Oh, and never tell your employees that they are making to much for their title, that kills moral.

Run, don't walk, to another job!

Former Employee - Remote Housekeeper  in  Prudhoe Bay, AK
    Former Employee - Remote Housekeeper in Prudhoe Bay, AK

I worked at NANA full-time for more than a year

Pros

The only pro I experienced was the day I left my job with Nana.

Cons

Too many to count, the biggest ones being; 1.Pay is not worth working and being treated like a prisoner, expect to be paid less than everyone else in Alaska, 2.Management is irresponsible and untrustworthy which is a big deal since you basically have to live with your bosses for at least half of the year when you work remote, and 3.the buildings you have to stay in are disgusting and falling down, some have been condemned but are still being used, especially at the biggest camps.

Pay people and treat them the way they deserve to be, get rid of the crazies and promote the good people from within, stop the revolving door of employees just to protect the few people in management that nobody can work for because they don't treat people right.

A lot of negatives for only spending two months with Ikun

Former Employee - Warehouse Specialist  in  Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Warehouse Specialist in Alexandria, VA

I worked at NANA full-time for less than a year

Pros

* This review is actually for Ikun, LLC who is a part of Nana.

* Leaving before I could witness more.

* Nothing more yet, but let me think on it.

Cons

* Something is very wrong with possibly working 11 months and not receiving any vacation pay.

Government contractor-training development

Current Employee - Instructional Designer  in  Hampton, VA
    Current Employee - Instructional Designer in Hampton, VA

I have been working at NANA full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is a great deal of collective talent in the training department, from graphic artists to instructional designers. The management we HAD was conscientious about keeping people employed through changing contracts.

Cons

Now that the company has merged a lot of its subsidies, there is no corporate conscience. People are a number and a salary and they cut at will; yet they continue to send out company wide memos about the new corporate management that is being hired.

There needs to be better communication and more POSITIVE communication to your management which will hopefully trickle down to the employees within that division. You are more concerned about your shareholders than your employees.

Very Productive and Cultural

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Prudhoe Bay, AK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Prudhoe Bay, AK

I have been working at NANA

Pros

Nana is a employer that cares about there employees work habits and safety. Schedules are flexible pay is good and co-workers are wonderful. I wouldn't want to work any wheres else.

Cons

So far away from home.

Employees being put in management positions should have some people skills as well as clear communication with their employees.

Not worth all the hard work.

Former Employee - Cook  in  Anchorage, AK
    Former Employee - Cook in Anchorage, AK

I worked at NANA

Pros

Free trip to Antarctica with lots of travel benefits, cold weather gear provided, reimbursement for a wide variety of expenses.

Cons

Very rarely wanted anyone promoted, pay was terrible compared to amount of hours worked, management made now effect to get to know employees personally.

Allow a bit more room for creativity, less of a focus on hiding hiring practices and methodology for determining bonuses.

A great place to start as a professional

Current Employee - Account Assistant  in  Kampala (Uganda)
    Current Employee - Account Assistant in Kampala (Uganda)

I have been working at NANA part-time for more than a year

Pros

It allows for a healthy work /life balance ie Family Oriented organisation

Cons

The pay was not really enough

The Organisation needs to grow and develop more business acumen

Worked for NANA? Contribute to the Community!