NANA

Add Photos

Helvi Sandvik

Very Productive and Cultural

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Prudhoe Bay, AK

ProsNana is a employer that cares about there employees work habits and safety. Schedules are flexible pay is good and co-workers are wonderful. I wouldn't want to work any wheres else.

ConsSo far away from home.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees being put in management positions should have some people skills as well as clear communication with their employees.

Only worked a few months with IKUN not a good company to work for

Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) Alexandria, VA

ProsPros – * This review is actually for Ikun, LLC who is a part of Nana.
    They issue you work polos so that you do not mess up your shirts doing work around the warehouse.

*The co workers there are great to work with. They make your day go by so fast after dealing with crazy things.

*The government staff are also great and helpful to work with.

ConsCons –

* You are hired for a specific position, but are required to be a "team player" and do all jobs because they underbid on contracts and don't hire people to do the work.

* Even though you give a two week notice prior to leaving, they have major issue with you leaving early on your last workday due to their lack of planning.

* Must be with the company a year before you get vacation time. If you leave like I did before one year, you don't get any vacation pay you may have accrued.

*They place too much on your plate, you exceed, yet still underpaid.

*It seems like they cater to one or two more than others when they should be treating everyone the same.

*They also need to do a better job a training whoever comes in to do a specific job title.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to Senior Management – * Don't underbid on contracts so you can't hire enough people to do the mission. Oh, and never tell your employees that they are making to much for their title, that kills moral.

Run, don't walk, to another job!

Remote Housekeeper (Former Employee) Prudhoe Bay, AK

ProsThe only pro I experienced was the day I left my job with Nana.

ConsToo many to count, the biggest ones being; 1.Pay is not worth working and being treated like a prisoner, expect to be paid less than everyone else in Alaska, 2.Management is irresponsible and untrustworthy which is a big deal since you basically have to live with your bosses for at least half of the year when you work remote, and 3.the buildings you have to stay in are disgusting and falling down, some have been condemned but are still being used, especially at the biggest camps.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay people and treat them the way they deserve to be, get rid of the crazies and promote the good people from within, stop the revolving door of employees just to protect the few people in management that nobody can work for because they don't treat people right.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A lot of negatives for only spending two months with Ikun

Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) Alexandria, VA

Pros* This review is actually for Ikun, LLC who is a part of Nana.

* Leaving before I could witness more.

* Nothing more yet, but let me think on it.

Cons* Ikun will rewrite your job title so they can pay you as much as 20% less than what you were making doing the same job with the previous company who lost the contract.

Advice to Senior Management* Don't underbid on contracts so you can't hire enough people to do the mission.

* Something is very wrong with possibly working 11 months and not receiving any vacation pay.

Government contractor-training development

Instructional Designer (Current Employee) Hampton, VA

ProsThere is a great deal of collective talent in the training department, from graphic artists to instructional designers. The management we HAD was conscientious about keeping people employed through changing contracts.

ConsNow that the company has merged a lot of its subsidies, there is no corporate conscience. People are a number and a salary and they cut at will; yet they continue to send out company wide memos about the new corporate management that is being hired.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be better communication and more POSITIVE communication to your management which will hopefully trickle down to the employees within that division. You are more concerned about your shareholders than your employees.

Not worth all the hard work.

Cook (Former Employee) Anchorage, AK

ProsFree trip to Antarctica with lots of travel benefits, cold weather gear provided, reimbursement for a wide variety of expenses.

ConsVery rarely wanted anyone promoted, pay was terrible compared to amount of hours worked, management made now effect to get to know employees personally.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow a bit more room for creativity, less of a focus on hiding hiring practices and methodology for determining bonuses.

A great place to start as a professional

Account Assistant (Current Employee) Kampala (Uganda)

ProsIt allows for a healthy work /life balance ie Family Oriented organisation

ConsThe pay was not really enough

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Organisation needs to grow and develop more business acumen

its okay

ProsSmall buisness environment; Intimate work conditions

Cons"blue collar Executives"; empty promises... all about the sale

Advice to Senior Managementkeep the promises you make, its not all about salary

Worked for NANA? Contribute to the Community!