NAPA Auto Parts

NAPA Auto Parts Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

NAPA Auto Parts President Thomas Gallagher

Thomas Gallagher

Pros
  • Good benefits (401K, part purchase program, vacation, etc (in 6 reviews)

• easy job, benefits, 401k, easy raise program for drivers,fastpaced keeps you busy if you drive for a DC as I (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Reduced all part-time working hours while raising qualifying hours in order to cut all (in 11 reviews)

• The bad ones will inflate the actual facts to turn in to upper management (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Great people to work for. Stable and good overall education.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe best discount of any auto parts stores, hard to beat.

ConsThings don't change too much. Wish there was more full time positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf the pay is fair and you take care of your employees, They will take care of you.

Operations Manager

Operations Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGreat team atmosphere, tremendous work ethic , dedication to the customer

ConsAtlanta HQ is out of touch, elitist, and not connected to the operations or customer needs

Advice to Senior ManagementValue the people doing the job in the filed and listen to their ideas

Great company to work for

OSS- Outside Sales (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsPay, benifits, 401K, stock options, hours, reputation, vacation, good general work enviornment,

ConsManagement changes every year, top heavy, slow to adapt to competitive issues, lots of meetings, doesn't listen to feedback from the field, wrong inventory, high quotas,always short handed, not enough time/money being spent on cultivating management type employees

Advice to Senior ManagementGo out into the field and listen to what the major customer want and how to make improvements in the operation

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Parts Sales

Counter Auto Parts Sales (Current Employee) Beaumont, TX

ProsGreat work environment, good managment.

ConsIf you are good at your job they will use and abuse you. I worked normally 50 + hours because I was the only associate that new how to swedge hydro lines and mix paint.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more oppert u nifty to grow and move into the corporate side of things.

Great experience with the company. Everyone is helpful and you can count on getting the help you need when you need it.

Stockroom Associate (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsSolid team environment. Management cares for employee well-being and wants everyone to succeed. Everyone's input is valued and people will go out of thier way to provide direction and guidance.

ConsLimited upward mobility. While hard work is noticed and often rewarded there are limited management positions available. Some of the work is labor intensive and requires heavy lifting and long hours so this may not be a position for everyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate more opportunities for upward mobility. Recognize hard work and management potential and promote from within.

A great place to work

Parts Driver (Current Employee)

ProsManagment is good and like driving for a living

ConsLearn about counter sales and delivering auto parts
    stocking of parts

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed better pay and more hours.

Started great. Company cared for employees. This changed. Now its do more with less. Incompetent cronies get promoted.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood pay, hours and conditions.

ConsUpper managers manipulate subordinate's performance reviews. This is not sour grapes.

Advice to Senior ManagementWatch for falling performance in the Distribution Center and Districts. Take the employee opinion surveys for your lower management more seriously. These are the people that see the problems from both sides of the fence.

Good experience, learned much about the auto industry and how it operates.

Front Counter Associate (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsFlexible schedule, good benefits, training accommodated, managers are very helpful when it comes to issues, many locations across all cities.

ConsNot much room for advancement, wish the pay was just a little but higher, can be stressful due to work overload

Advice to Senior ManagementListen a little bit more to employee needs and be a leader at all times.

employees do not matter

Delivery Driver (Former Employee)

ProsI heard you can make decent money if you dish it out.
    Not open late evenings.
    Very casual work environment (could be a con)

Consmoves managers around like seasonal inventory, I had 3 in 8 months
    extremely disorganized from top down
    store management complains about inventory loss but does nothing about it when issues brought up
    does not care about employees
    manager would stand propping door open while smoking, customers had to walk through the door this way
    only saw district manager twice

Advice to Senior Managementdon't talk about working as a team then act as tyrants

Decent Place To Work

Stockroom Associate (Current Employee) Coppell, TX

Pros1. Good starting pay, raises every few months
    2. Good benefits (401K, part purchase program, vacation, etc. after 90 days)
    3. Coworkers

Cons1. Management is sloppy about most things
    2. You cap out pay pretty fast so not much incentive to stay after that
    3. High turnover rate
    4. Nearly impossible to rise through the company from the bottom

Advice to Senior Management1. Listen to your workers about problems around the warehouse instead of just coming up with garbage solutions that just looks good on paper behind closed doors
    2. For god's sake, let people on the dock move around like you let the rest of the warehouse do

Worked for NAPA Auto Parts? Contribute to the Community!