NAPCO Media

Dave Leskusky

True Cinderella story

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at NAPCO Media full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Napco Media (as of last week) is a completely different Napco than I knew it to be this time last year...in a impressive and absolutely positive way. I took the job leaving a start-up as the first employee for a more corporate job which scared me, but I made the move because I was introduced to the now CEO who had a vision for Napco.

Years later, Napco Media has become so much more than anyone envisioned. Together as a company, we have reinvested into the workplace, our people, a complete re-branding of name and values. We are no longer a publishing company, but a new media company and have all the resources at the tip of our fingers to support the new and very much improved Napco Media. I have never been more proud to be apart of an organization that doesn't just talk about change but IS a change agent.

We work hard, we play hard and have a WHOLE lot of fun doing it! Our new website, name and 2015 initiatives will make us a force to reckon with!

Cons

With drastic change, comes some hardships. We are still very much seen as a traditional publishing company and it is hard at times to embrace the plethora of changes that have happened in the past 11 months. But I know we have the people in place to continue our growth and investment in the people and workplace.

Being a Philadelphia based company, we do not get as much recognition in our own community as we should nor have we as a company made as much of an effort to become more community based. But Rome was not build in a day!!!

Doesn't pretend to be anything else

Former Employee - Senior Editor in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Editor in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at NAPCO Media full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Promotes from within; very nice, fun people work here; great spot in the city near the Art Museum; decent benefits (but could be better); good team atmosphere; new leadership that's promising; adapting nicely to digital era. Hours are NOT insane and place is not a political mess like so many publishing companies.

Cons

Compensation could be better, so negotiate well upfront. Better benefits would be nice, such as better 401K match or gym membership. Sometimes too many meetings, but what company isn't guilt of that?

Great Company

I worked at NAPCO Media

Pros

Nice area to work in Philly

Cons

Needs more food truck in the area

Non Management Management

I worked at NAPCO Media

Pros

I didn't enjoy my time there.

Cons

The owner and management aren't loyal. They continually let mid level people go and bring in college grads at lower salaries.

Made no progress in my career, company is not going to survive

Current Employee - Sales in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Sales in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at NAPCO Media full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Nice office (but it's half empty from lots of people quitting or being let go, so I doubt they'll be there long), some nice people

Cons

Company is doing very poorly, they are losing money and won't survive for an extended future, they've been letting tons of valuable employees go not to do performance, but due to them hemorrhaging money; lots people have been quitting; they'll let you go before they give you a raise - even if you've agreed on it; not progressive at all, unwilling to change despite saying they want to; to the interns: don't do it, they'll work you 50-60 hours, not pay you well and I've never seen them hire one; it's really boring and not fulfilling at all; it's definitely a boys club, don't expect to be promoted; many incompetent employees including managers who are there solely because they are friends with the very high placed people in the company; salary is poor, benefits are worse; health insurance was cut to save money and is now pretty much nonexistent, I've had to pay thousands of my own money for prescriptions; talking behind each other's backs in encouraged; promotions don't happen often; not understanding or reasonable about personal matters; some inappropriate upper level management going way over the line of sexual harassment, nothing is done to address this

Let managers that aren't doing well go, even if they're your friends; I don't even think you can fix it at this point, sell everything and try not to go bankrupt

Decent Company

Former Employee - Technical Support in Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Technical Support in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at NAPCO Media full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

There are reasonably good opportunities to grow and learn with this company. There is a decent work/life balance.

Cons

The pay is not particularly great, and expectations can be a bit unreasonable during busy times.

Beware

Former Employee - Production in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Production in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at NAPCO Media full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Close proximity to the art museum

Cons

After working there for a several years I realized that it was a boys club, lacked diversity in upper management, and actually seemed to prefer the status quo.

You have some xenophobic managers that talk out loud in public spaces about things and groups of people (ethnic slurs) that could cause you some legal problems. But then again I find it very hard to believe that the upper management is unaware of this- so oh well carry on.

Great Company, good management

Former Employee - Marketing Director in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Marketing Director in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at NAPCO Media full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There has been a definite positive shift in team moral at NAPCO. My management team was great. They are supportive, and they encourage employees to better themselves and take their position to the next level. They trust their employees and do not micro manage. I have definitely grown and improved my skills at this company. I would recommend working here, I am actually very sad to go. I cannot believe the number of negative reviews below.

Cons

I really don't have any. Maybe benefits.

Keep doing what you are doing!

Yes, Print is dead. Stop saying it isn't.

I worked at NAPCO Media full-time

Pros

Great location. Some good, caring people.

Cons

Most everything else. Too slow.

Some Good. Some Bad

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at NAPCO Media

Pros

The pay wasn't too bad and there were some very nice people to work with.

Cons

Depending on who your manager would be depends on if you'll like your job.

Don't encourage back stabbing and instead encourage a team mentality.

NAPCO Media Photos