NAPW

Add Photos

Matthew Proman

Satisfying

Garden City, NY

ProsPlenty of nice people, great atmosphere and the hours were really great. The HR team was able to work around personal obligations.

ConsThere are hardly any career advancement opportunities, they only hire from the outside to fill open admin or executive positions.

Fun but not happy

Sales Representative/Membership Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Century City, CA

ProsGreat environment
    Great location
    Great services and products

Consdeceitful sales tactics
    under paid position compared to caliber of employees hired
    false job title advertisement

Advice to Senior ManagementBe straight-forward with employees and customers
    Improve pitch
    Improve salary or hire college students and older people with no real need for living income

Mixed review...

Sales Representative/Membership Coordinator (Former Employee)
    Garden City, NY

ProsThe hours were good, and also the fact that the company paid weekly.

Cons"Rebuttal selling", mgmnt, monitors every last thing you do.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I worked at NAPW for 6 months

Sales Representative/Membership Coordinator (Former Employee)

ProsMon-fri week, no weekends leave and forget about work. They have casual days and the dress code overall is relaxed. free lunch on Fridays. High earning potential if you have no ethics/moral code or can leave it at the door.

ConsHighly scripted sales. Managers are just high sellers that got promoted and have no clue how to manage and very limited knowledge about the company/how to use the website. They employ bait and switch tactics and high pressure sales. If you don't make quota you are out fast. In my time there I watched at least 30 people come and go (they fire literally every Friday and have 10-12 new reps in training every month). They are deceptive in the interview (e.g., when asked if they had dental answer was yes- turned out dental is an Aflac policy) they will say there is career advancement potential but there is not.

Advice to Senior ManagementBusiness should be run as other professional organizations. Listen to employees. don't start the day with meetings telling us how awful we are and don't introduce new reps as "your replacements".

Not at all what it seems!

Membership Coordinator (Former Employee)
    Garden City, NY

ProsPotential to make good income in a bright, modern work environment. Business casual dress code. A lot of really nice people.

ConsJob is not at all like it's depicted in interview, consequences of not meeting quota not clearly defined. Benefits are not good, job is very stifling and boring with no room for growth. If you have strong ethics and morals this job is not for you, while they have a great product to offer women, the way it's presented and the sales tactics are deceitful. It's a very scripted sale that requires you to be robotic and boring and you are not allowed to deviate from the script, if you do expect to be reprimanded. If you can completely suppress your personality you might succeed. If you don't have a job, go ahead and give it a try, you might find that fine line that makes you successful. However, I would not recommend quitting a job or turning down another to take this one because you might not even make it through the first week of training if they feel you don't have what it takes. If you make it through training, you won't last long if you don't immediately and consistently hit quota or almost hit it, or if they feel you don't quite fit the mold. There is pressure to work late and through lunch. Employee turnover is extremely high and the stress level is through the roof.

Phone Sales

Membership Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Garden City, NY

ProsFair W-2 weekly guaranteed base salary for phone sales PLUS unlimited earnings potential from commissions & bonuses provided you are trainable with a strong work ethic. No nights or weekends required (M-F 9-5:15 with lunch hour). No after hours project, phone or paper work. Beautiful modern environment with upbeat corporate culture. Excellent & effective 3 week training program for new reps. Policy made crystal clear via comprehensive employee handbook.

ConsHigh stress environment requiring persistent productivity. Must work smart with good time management in order to meet weekly quota levels which determine income. If not a good producer, you will not make much money and will not last. If you like lots of smoke breaks & the freedom to chit chat with coworkers freely in the workspace.....not the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementPositive constructive criticism and recommendations enhance performance better than condescending remarks or management by intimidation. Allow sales team members to offer carefully considered suggestions about improving the phone approach to improve credibility. All employees should be able to recognize the company's owner and should have a Table of Organization.

NAPW

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsFantastic place to work, where you are a valued member of a team for a great cause.

ConsThere are no cons here.

Military-esque

Membership Coordinator (Current Employee)

Proswe work 7 hour shifts, can wear jeans on Fridays

Consbonuses are not paid in cash, micromanages employees, the quota is unfair, don't really want us taking breaks or lunches, won't let us talk to coworkers except , before/after work

Advice to Senior Managementdon't micromanage, let us have causal dress and shift options, change the quota

Bait and switch tactics with job postings, and memberships.

Membership Coordinator (Former Employee)
    Garden City, NY

ProsThe Membership Coordinator job posting sounded good, but the position did not turn out to be a legitimate full time job in practice. The annual conference videos were the best part of the training.

ConsDay one of the two weeks paid training, trainees are told they may be leaving pronto because the job is "not for everyone". The warm leads are gathered from an ad online that says "FREE REGISTRATION!". Women submit their personal information, and are then phoned mercilessly about pricey memberships and vanity plaques, and then "Woman of the Year" awards.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe trainers are power happy and rude. Trainees are a captive audience for mind games and bullying. The trainers are not responsible, or professional. I was yelled at for getting off the phone with a woman who said she was not interested, when she asked to be taken off the list.

Bad place to work

Garden City, NY

ProsLunch was the best part of the day

ConsStress level was at an all time high .... Low sales and your out

Advice to Senior ManagementShould be professional

Worked for NAPW? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NAPW reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NAPW CEO Matthew Proman. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by NAPW employees.