NARS Cosmetics

Updated Apr 29, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Louis Desazars

Awesome company to work for

Freelance Artist (Current Employee)

ProsGreat cosmetics, can be fast paced at times

ConsSome downtime of standing around, need seasonal trainings for freelancers

Good Learning Experience

Assistant (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat learning environment, encouraged to do things independently; great coaching and training, great public relations and marketing experience

Consgive more work to those on the bottom of the totem pole, high school mentality, lots of back stabbing

Advice to Senior Managementto make it less corporate

Recognition of hard work- Negative....

ProsGreat products and most people in the company are great friendly..

ConsSenior management is not up to par. I don't have equal compensation for my work. Others that holds the same title makes about 10% more in salary for doing the same amount of work. Whenever I speak about an increase I am shut out before I state my case.
    Unless you "rub shoulders with the right people" you won't be climbing the corporate ladder for awhile... Company only values senior management's option and I definitely do not feel that the opinion of the "little people" matters. Corporate events are made optional but in reality they are mandatory because if you don't attend it is frowned upon.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook around and realize that any employee in lower management is also an asset, without us helping senior management the company wouldn't run either. Compensation is the key to happiness for many of us to are living paycheck to paycheck trying to support ourselves and /or a family. We come to work smiling because we have to not because we are happy.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great!

Makeup Artist (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat people and fun environment!

ConsLack of a consistent schedule

Amazing people and very good work environment!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat environment you are treated like an employee!

ConsNone that I can think of..

Great company

Freelance Artist (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat perks, pay, and continuing artistry education!

ConsNot as many locations to work at as I would like.

Great Company to gain knowledge for makeup artistry skills and business experience

Makeup Artist/Trainer (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsI was promoted several times. The benefits are fantastic, I and had a positive experience traveling.

Constoo much traveling for my position and territory

Advice to Senior Managementadd more opportunities to earn bonuses

Great Creative energy but management not so good

Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat product to work on, departments/teams are strong

Consmanagement not good about communication vision to employees.

UNPROFESSIONAL COMPANY

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsIt's the "cool" brand to work for and has a great following. Easy to sell to anyone, young or old. The more you work the further you can go. *key note CAN... not that you actually WILL.

ConsThe management on all levels is unprofessional, rude and are ill-mannered. You could be the most talented artist they have ever met, but if you don't kiss enough ass you won't get anywhere. They will promise you a million opportunities and then pretend it never happened in an instant... they have no loyalty to anyone no matter how long you stay with them or how hard you work or how much you say "yes" to everything they ask of you. Several errors with paychecks!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize talent and passion for the brand... spend more time organizing events and schedules for people... give more opportunity to those who have worked for it... return phone calls and emails when you receive them from your employees... treat all employees with respect and fairness...

a learning experience within makeup application

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsIt allows you to learn and grow if your interest are becoming a makeup artist.

ConsEmployee appreciation needs to be worked on.

Worked for NARS Cosmetics? Contribute to the Community!