NASDAQ OMX Group

NASDAQ OMX Group Reviews

Updated Mar 27, 2014

NASDAQ OMX Group Chief Executive Officer Bob Greifeld

Bob Greifeld

Pros:
  • "Good benefits including 6% 401(k) match, but no public transportation stipend"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Good benefits, laid back work environment"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "Senior Management is not effective in Strategic planning and execution"
    in 11 reviews
  • "Inability to execute - think Facebook IPO"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

A very satisfying experience in an environment that definitely respects individuals.

Director (Current Employee)
Rockville, MD

I have been working at NASDAQ OMX Group

ProsIf you like a fast paced, flexible and exciting environment you will enjoy working here. Working at Nasdaq is certainly a different and rewarding experience.

ConsYou need to be tuned into every group and need to know what is going on as the information sharing is difficult to come by. Not much training to keep your technical skills alive.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on building stronger teams, be more proactive in providing training and abilities for employees to enhance their skills. Employees are the most important assets this company has!

NASDAQ is a good place to work.

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Maynard, MA

I worked at NASDAQ OMX Group

ProsIn general, I'd consider nasdaq omx to be a good place to work. I felt that emnployees were treated well and compensated very fairly based on their contribution. It is a company that is constantly looking for new ways to generate revenue, and it provides far more services to its clients than you would normall associate with a stock market. Because of this, I feel that there is opportunity to make an impact by helping create new business.

ConsAt the time I was working there, NASDAQ seemed to be overly concerned with acquisitions, which seemed to distract the company from its core mission.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

IT focused Business organization but not doing good at IT Strategy

I have been working at NASDAQ OMX Group full-time

ProsProvides good benefits. Exposure to business and opportunity to work closely with business partners. Spread across many countries providing opportunities to work with others from different cultures and backgrounds.

ConsDoes not have good Work-Life balance. Senior Management is not effective in Strategic planning and execution. Lacking in proper Risk Management. Purely bonus driven performance culture. Organization has primarily grown through acquisitions and cost control measures. There is a general lack of knowledge and experience among Senior Management in what it takes to build Mission Critical and Enterprise applications.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management is too focused on improving profitability and NASDAQ OMX share price to care about how things really work (or don't work) on the ground.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

good work life balance

I worked at NASDAQ OMX Group

ProsGood place to work with good people

Conssenior management has no direction

Cold corporate culture with limited resources

Client Services (Current Employee)

I have been working at NASDAQ OMX Group full-time for more than a year

ProsTasks keep you busy daily. Client-facing opportunities. Good mix of financial services and technology platform. Corporate environment.

ConsVery limited workspace, such as desks, conference rooms, kitchen, restroom.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to your shining stars from the ground up. Some middle managers are not fully qualified for their roles - keeps saying "I don't know" when you ask technical questions rather than mobilize resources to get answers.

Great place to learn and be prepared for a fast-paced environment

I worked at NASDAQ OMX Group

ProsIt's a great place to learn about the U.S. securities exchanges and financial services industry. You will always be learning something new each day.

ConsDepending on the department, opportunities for attending formal training may not always be available.

Quality work, low recognition, bad judgment, understaffed, management backfighting

I have been working at NASDAQ OMX Group as a contractor for less than a year

ProsBrand recognition, intense work environment, never a dull moment. Learn a lot on your own.

ConsPoor management decision making, understaffed, cutting to the bone, overworked, no training. Cost cutters celebrated but the negative impact on quality will be noticed and likely blamed elsewhere. No training. Bottom line is king. The best and brightest not promoted. Favoritism rules. Across the board dissatisfaction and people trying to leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind out what's going on below you. Your decision making is so clouded by cost cutting that you are increasingly jeopardizing quality over low cost. Will have a real impact when the problems become so big it can't be ignored and clients will notice - p.s., they already have....

Old school

I worked at NASDAQ OMX Group full-time

ProsGreat salary & benefits.
Stable, with great long term opportunities.

ConsInability to execute - think Facebook IPO.
Micromanagement from the very top.

From great to I'm not sure

Systems Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at NASDAQ OMX Group full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat group of people who are very talented and smart work at NASDAQ.

ConsNo clear direction and very thin staff makes for difficulty in keeping things running up to par with how things should be.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut money into more development and talent. It will pay off

Down to the earth working environment

I have been working at NASDAQ OMX Group full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIt depends on which floor or department you're with, you can wear jeans and sneakers to work.

ConsYour boss may not know what you're doing so you may not be appreciated.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome jobs need to be done by more than two persons for controlling purpose. Having only one person works on certain things may help to save cost but will risk running into errors.

Worked for NASDAQ OMX Group? Contribute to the Community!

NASDAQ OMX Group Videos

NASDAQ OMX Group – Why Work for Us?

Watch a Short Video about our Company A Global Market Leader The NASDAQ OMX Group owns and operates 26 markets, 3 clearing houses, and 5 central securities depositories, spanning six continents--making us the world’s… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NASDAQ OMX Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NASDAQ OMX Group CEO Bob Greifeld. All 65 reviews posted anonymously by NASDAQ OMX Group employees.