NASDAQ Reviews

Reset
3.4
NASDAQ Chief Executive Officer Bob Greifeld
Bob Greifeld

Pros
  • Good benefits package (health and dental insurance) (in 7 reviews)

• Good benefits, laid back work environment (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • senior management has no direction (in 11 reviews)

• There is are to much upper management that is just bloat (in 5 reviews)

1. Support

Current Employee - Client Support Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Client Support Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at NASDAQ (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Benefits and work environment

Cons

some employees you just scratch your head.

2. Sales Executive

I have been working at NASDAQ full-time

Pros

There is direct exposure to executive management. A company that promotes from within and allows hungry employees to grow and thrive quickly. Great work life balance.

Cons

Not all employees are top quality and there are often bottlenecks with individuals who are unresponsive due to lack of interest.

Advice to Management

Continue to support and promote hungry talented employees.

3. Nasdaq

Pros

Very smart staff. Several business units give lower level employees the opportunity to move to new positions and roles

Cons

Some of the businesses can be silo-like. While staff is pretty motivated, morale at times can be low due to press and market events

Advice to Management

continue to promote from within. the review process needs to be improved to better match modern companies. provide more opportunities to move locations within organization

Very Corporate and Cheap

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at NASDAQ full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Job Security, Name Recognition, Good hours (at least in my role), Good Bonuses and Benefits

Cons

Upper Management make changes often without ever looking at efficiency of their employees. Little to no raises, poor management in general, no boost to employee morale. Work-horse mentality. Little to no job growth opportunities.

Advice to Management

Spend a little money on making your employees happy. Take us out, give us more freedom, maybe a big raise here and there. Treat us the way the people who bring you revenue should be treated.

6. Overall good company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at NASDAQ full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment and constant desire to expand into new products.

Cons

Separating departments on the same platform creates competition instead of collaboration.

Advice to Management

Employees are spread too thin with expectations set too high.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Software Developer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Boston, MA

I have been working at NASDAQ full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- life/work balance - exceptional benefits - diverse career opportunities - dedication to the employees - career advancement through training / library - great locations - well known and trusted, high-profile brand - forward-thinking management - ability to work from home (depending on your position, of course)

Cons

- the on-boarding process can be a little cumbersome - only getting market holidays means losing out on some state holidays - there are a lot of amazing benefits, but navigating the setup and management of them is confusing and needs a bit of HR hand-holding

Advice to Management

- streamline on-boarding process - improve HR turnaround - more than one week's worth of sick time is essential for people who have families - have more dedication to streamlining and keeping updated all documentation on benefits and various systems you need to interact with on a regular basis (time-tracking, payroll, expenses, etc.) - have a single place to login to to track work hours and leave time

NASDAQ Response

Jul 17, 2015 – VP Global Talent Management

Thank you for the feedback regarding on-boarding and tracking. We continue to strive for ease of system use and optimal work practices.

8. Program Lead

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grafton, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grafton, MA

I worked at NASDAQ (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Salary - flexibility - good benefits - stock option - global company

Cons

- Highly political - No career growth - Low focus on customer satisfaction - vague appraisal

Advice to Management

get trained on leadership skills

9. A great place for someone looking to make an impact

Current Employee - Senior Systems Ops Analyst in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Ops Analyst in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at NASDAQ full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunities to pursue interesting technologies/ideas Great benefits Very interesting work with the capacity to specialise in any particular area that interests you Always more to learn, you should never get bored

Cons

Work day is 9 hours and isn't terribly convenient for me, so I don't get to spend as much time at home as I'd like. Weekend Work/On Call Rotation, but you find this everywhere and On Call isn't so bad. Long list of responsibilities for better or worse

Advice to Management

It would be nice to earn work from home days maybe one every other week. Working at the office is generally a formality and not a necessity.

Bigger is not always better

I have been working at NASDAQ full-time

Pros

Large, global company with many departments and divisions. Located in major cities. Large spectrum of jobs, from tech, non-tech, and financial, to administrative. Well-known brand.

Cons

Large company, slow to change. My department is poorly managed. We lack the big picture and strategy. It's not very collaborative, and there is a lot of politics between teams in my division.

Advice to Management

Minimize micro-managing. We know what we are doing, and we should be trusted for that. Use your time to better provide the big picture or strategy to push the business forward.

11. Good and some bad

I worked at NASDAQ full-time

Pros

The team in Lakewood is excellent, high-calibre folks for the most part. Very good engineers, great atmosphere.

Cons

The management in NY kinda sucks. Teams aren't grouped according to a task they are grouped according to specialty, which cause problems trying to get things done across the different teams.

Advice to Management

Empower the lakewood office as much as you can, and continue to move more things there.

RSS Feed </> Embed