NBCUniversal

NBCUniversal Reviews in Orlando, FL

Updated Jul 2, 2014

NBCUniversal CEO Stephen B. Burke

Stephen B. Burke

Pros
  • Great people and countless opportunities if you can navigate the bureaucracy to locate them(in 29 reviews)

• Fun people, great environment, very relaxing and good work-life balance(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours that is dictated by show schedules(in 23 reviews)

• They speak about a work life balance, but there is none(in 8 reviews)

14 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Universal, selling fun GCC

GCC Sales (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsOkay pay, fun people, great perks

ConsStart out part time, If last no matter the "excuse" you get penalized with attendance, need more cash sales rewards.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe nice. We try our best. Don't have bad attitude when we ask for help.

Solid company to work for

Manager (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsGreat benefits and nice people

ConsSlow in advancing employees up the latter

Advice to Senior Managementallow employees to take more ownership

Diversity and Inclusion ethics need to be enforced within the Marketing and Sales division.

Senior (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsThe Diversity and Inclusion events are very informative. They provide useful tools on how to cope and be successful in our work environment.

I LOVE our parks and frequent them during my lunch breaks. This is a great stress reliever and helps to regain full focus.

ConsThere is no Personal Development Plan (PDP) in place for ALL employees, selective PDP's are offered according to preference.

You are railroaded into quitting your job due to extreme stress and discouragement as you're submitted to severe Psychological Warfare.

There exist clicks and favorite "BFF'S" within the department whom flaunt their alliance as they shamelessly create unnecessary conflict for whomever the current target is.

The office culture leaves little room for anyone who's different when it pertains to religious beliefs, costumes and race. African Americans, Indian's, Latinos, etc are a very few.

Some of the "Leader's" need a refreshers course on what responsibilities come with said Leadership while recognizing that Diversity and Inclusion is not an option, it's a necessity for great success!

When a Boss does not support/like their subordinate due to interpersonal causes, it's impossible to move into another department due to the direct negative feedback given to the prospective new departments leadership. That's not only unfair, it's unethical.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is no Personal Development Plan (PDP) in place for ALL employees, selective PDP's are offered according to preference.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Meh.

Security Analyst (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsThey'll pay you to do nothing.

ConsThey're disorganized and cliquish.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe real with your employees.

i wish i had sued them.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

Prosgreat variety of work in the department. getting to work at lot of venues. creative work.

Consboys club. old boys club. glass ceiling. obvious about it as well… these guys can't even spell lawsuit.

Advice to Senior Managementthe checks and balances HR has in place to make sure this situation doesn't happen doesn't work. i complained. i was bullied ...i complained again. retaliation happened again. HR was useless. i wish i had sued the company.

Great place to work with awesome people

Front End Developer (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsGreat people, nice work environment, a very good place to grow.

ConsI don't really have any cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'm pleased with what's going on right now.

Great Company Poor lower managment

Line Cook (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsGreat place to work awesome benefits, and great people a lot of opportunities to advance.

Consno union, and horrible lower level management like team leads and AM and Mangers that suck horribly.

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace all lower management hire less more often and don't let your managers run off your "best darn line cook ive had work for me in my 20 yrs service here" said a chef with 22 yrs service

Exciting then disappointing when you figure out how things really operate

Finance Manager (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsLarge reputable name recognition. Promote a family like atmosphere and encourage teamwork

ConsVery political. Like-minded thinking is expected, new ideas are rarely encouraged. Lack of trust and integrity at all levels. Eye opening considering the possibilities. Too many "fiefdoms" being protected at the expense of the company. Penny wise, pound foolish.

Advice to Senior ManagementBalance hiring and promotions with internal vs external. Company tends to reward like-minded thinking and dismiss change rather quickly. Needs to be more proactive approaches to best in class management and operations - everything is running on reactions. Very difficult to fix as its thoroughly engrained at all levels of the organization.

good and relax

free theme park tickets
    team building activities

Constoo much marketing driven
    not strong technique team
    some non-tech background people are doing stupid PM job
    management level does not care about low level's job

Advice to Senior Managementshare your piece of money with us

Great company, great benefits - hard to move up

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsGreat company, great benefits, great people!

ConsIt is hard to move up!

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust employees!

Worked for NBCUniversal? Contribute to the Community!