NBCUniversal

www.nbcuni.com

NBCUniversal Reviews

These reviews contributed towards 2014's Best Places to Work recognition. See ratings and reviews for all time.

Pros
  • Great people and countless opportunities if you can navigate the bureaucracy to locate them(in 29 reviews)

• Fun people, great environment, very relaxing and good work-life balance(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours that is dictated by show schedules(in 23 reviews)

• They speak about a work life balance, but there is none(in 8 reviews)

I was an Associate Producer at E!/NBCUniversal for two years and it was a very pleasant experience.

Associate Producer (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGreat atmosphere, fun job, nice people, cool perks, chic location, ok salary, yearly merit salary raises, potential to get a really awesome position, great experience, great entry level positions to get a career started.

ConsAlways laying off production staff, difficult to get promoted, management can sometimes be clueless is to what their suborindates do and can turn a blind eye to problems between employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote more employees, keep hiring from within, stop restructuring all the freaking time, keep employees longer

The BEST Company

Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) Universal City, CA

ProsI have interned for NBCUniversal for 4 years and am now a full-time employee and it just gets better with each passing year. I have had the most amazing supervisors who have taught me priceless lessons and advice and formed me into the business woman I am today.

ConsLong hours at the office

NBC.com Intern

Intern (Current Employee) Universal City, CA

ProsFun to work with big name tv shows and design for them

ConsThere are no cons, it was a good experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore diverse projects would be nice

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work for!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat support from parent company (Comcast).
    NBC Universal owns and operates a valuable portfolio.
    Good opportunity for growth among the various platforms.
    Management tries their best to help their teams grow & to an extent care about your feelings.
    What you put in, you will get back in return (your work does not go unnoticed).

ConsIt's clear that management has their favorite but that's anywhere you go.
    The industry is all about politics therefore, being a brownnoser will get you far.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to make it less obvious when you have favorites.

Great experience as an intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLearned a lot, great attention and guidance from my manager

ConsVery corporate environment and stuffy

My tenure at NBC Universal ran for 18 years; I love the company and the people who work there.

Associate Producer, Production Coordinator, Production Assistant (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsNBC Universal is a well respected organization in the entertainment industry. I have many years with the company. I wouldn't have ever left, but was a victim of layoffs when the Jay Leno/Conan O'Brien changeover occurred in 2009. I've missed the company everyday and would consider it an honor to rejoin NBC Universal; a company with whom I have so much history.

ConsThe opportunity to advance upward through career levels.

Advice to Senior ManagementPersonnel who have been loyal employees, and have tenure should be considered for advancement within the company. Obviously someone who remained with the company for nearly two decades is loyal and dependable.

Professional

Intern/Pa (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGaining the best up-to-date industry experience

ConsI can't think of any

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Interesting...

Audience Production Assistant (Current Employee) Stamford, CT

ProsYou meet a lot of people. You get to absorb everything around you. You get a decent amount of overtime. Looks great on your resume.

ConsNo moving up from this specific position unless you want to be a coordinator for audience. Management is really on your case.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't forget that you were at the bottom once too.

Hard for someone that didn't start within the organization to grow

ProsCheap Cable
    Good networking
    Good properties
    Digital
    training

Consspecific to my department:
    management turnover
    management that has not left are out for themselves and not for the team
    no team feel
    poor communication
    bad infrastructure

Legal Intern for the Rights department

Legal Intern- Rights Department (Former Employee) Universal City, CA

ProsThe attorneys and legal staff are amazing! The work is actually interesting and relevant to those pursuing a career in entertainment law. Access to Universal Studios, flexible hours, generally warm environment ( for entertainment).

ConsThe senior management is very impressed with their credentials and priorities change at a whim, depending on the mood of the manager. Colorful personalities are typical within the entertainment industry, the management within this department does not deviate from the norm.

Advice to Senior ManagementClarify deadlines and priorities before you dispense legal work amongst the legal staff and legal interns.

Worked for NBCUniversal? Contribute to the Community!