NBH Bank

CEO

Great Environment

Former Employee - Compliance Analyst in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Compliance Analyst in Denver, CO

I worked at NBH Bank as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The Chief Compliance Officer was very hands on with staff, very involved in the day to day activities, and held biweekly briefing meetings to not only learn about the status of everyone of board, but to test, and groom our knowledge and functionality of assigned tasks. In my experience of working with many high level corporate executives and elected officials, I would have to admit that this individual was the best.

Cons

I have no complaints.

Cheapskates

Current Employee - Operations in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Operations in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at NBH Bank full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The only pro is the location in downtown KCMO.

Cons

Where to begin? Working in an open office means every phone call, cough, and conversation is heard by about 40 people. It is incredibly distracting not to mention unsanitary. If anyone brings in a cold or flu bug, you can bet you're next.

They announced a new 401(k) contribution policy in a vague e-mail from HR. Apparently the employer match to 401(k) accounts will be made once annually. So now I am missing out on building my retirement bi-weekly and gaining dividends throughout the year. Also, if you leave the company before the end of the year, you will not get any employer match to the 401(k). Could you be any cheaper? How disgraceful. I'm pretty sure the exec's pockets are filling up while they are whittling down employee benefits and pay. Can't wait to see what pitiful pay increase I earned this year.

Also, they weighed community service as one of the highest values on employee evaluations. Since when does community service indicate my abilities as an employee? Sounds like an excuse to shortchange people for their good work. If they are so worried about community service, give us 8 hours paid time off to volunteer during working hours.

Stop being so cheap and uptight. Hourly employees are overworked and underpaid. I enjoy my work and coworkers but feel completely undervalued working at NBH. I wish I could say something positive about my job other than its location. Very sad indeed.

Internal Audit Manager, Operations and Compliance

Former Employee - Internal Audit Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Internal Audit Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at NBH Bank full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Forward thinking organization with good associates that want to do the right things

Cons

Audit staff was located in Kansas City, MO and I was located in Greenwood Village, CO

Better communications with associates on the state of the company.

Common sense moved out a long time ago.

Current Employee - Deposit Operations in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Deposit Operations in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at NBH Bank full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Location - downtown KC is a great location for the office. There are plenty of parks to enjoy lunch on a nice day. Work/Life balance is reasonable.

Cons

The management bank-wide is a disgrace. No one really seems to know what's going on or even who they report to. Departments do not get along or work well together in any way. The Community Banks of Colorado refuses to integrate into NBH's policies and NBH exec's have no backbone to force them to change. Associates are incredibly disrespectful to their colleagues with no recourse. Compensation is on the lower end of the pay scale and HR doesn't take evaluations seriously. I have never seen or experienced worst mismanagement. Paid time off is slim - new employees can expect 10 paid vacation days for the first three years. There is no Roth 401(k) option for retirement plans, a huge disappointment.

Hire a consultant to come and tell you where you need to make changes. Some departments are overloaded while others play on the Internet all day. Make an organizational chart so employees know who reports to whom. Do more to show employees they matter to the company. Send a holiday bonus, card, or throw a party - do something, at least. No one feels valued or appreciated and the poor compensation is discouraging. Fix the Vault - what even is that? It's impossible to use! Get to know the little hourly employee.