NCCI Holdings Reviews

1. Very stable job and company

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at NCCI Holdings

Pros

Very supportive workplace, excellent benefits, flexible schedule, great coworkers

Cons

Career advancement is very slow. Staff turnover is extremely low, so the only way higher positions open is through retirement.

Keep doing what you are doing, but try to let the cream rise to the top a little more.

2. Excellent!

Current Employee - Assistant Actuarial Analyst in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Actuarial Analyst in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at NCCI Holdings

Pros

Coworkers and benefits are definitely very good. It's a great place to work for and I've definitely felt respected and appreciated all the time.

Cons

Not many cons about the workplace. People can be odd and selfish at times, but I've overall had a great experience with NCCI. No place will ever be perfect, but this is definitely trying to be at all times.

NCCI the most dated website I've ever seen says it all.

Former Employee - Senior Front End Developer in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Front End Developer in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at NCCI Holdings

Pros

Almost everyone I talked to at ncci LOVES the company in general and HATES their job specifically. Benefits are a little better than Starbucks but they're on par with most enterprise companies that play in this space.

Cons

Overall I found the company to be pretty quiet, cold and depressing. It lacked the integrity and respect they claim in the values statement they require you wear on your badge.

For example:

Punching in an out even if you are salary. They have a system where you have to swipe a card to get in and out for every thing, the daycare, running to your car, even the lunchroom outdoor seating area. The do this so they can count the minutes you're there. It's so they can keep track of your hours and write you up if you're not in the building for 8.5 hours a day.

Tracking your phone. They have a great benefit they give you $200 to a new phone and they expect to reach you day and night via email how nice. They also put software on it so they can block sites, monitor traffic and more. Not really a "work life balance".

They keep track of when you're at your desk typing with an IM system.

I was hired to head a very costly and important project that seemed to have stalled. It seemed the person who coded it learned how to code in the mid 90's while watching "Wayne's World" and never updated his skill set. I was presented with his template of work in such an old code that working with it takes three time as long to make even simple changes. In fact his team is suffering because they're not even learning current standards.

I shared these concerns with the CEO via email and they were intercepted by HR who called me to tell me they were doing an investigation. That was nice to hear that since the truth is I was fired with out cause. I was not trained, warned or given any guidance as to what my job was going to be at NCCI before being fired. It basically seems as if I had been fired in retaliation three days after sharing concern with my supervisor (and author of the code) about why using old code is costly and time consuming.

5. Great place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at NCCI Holdings full-time

Pros

Excellent benefits, nice size, tons of training and improvement opportunities, interesting work. Also onsite perks such as cafeteria, gym, dry cleaning and many social events for employees and sometimes their families. Definitely the best company culture I have experienced.

Cons

Pay is average, not much opportunity for advancement due to low turnover. Had to leave because I couldn't wait any longer for a promotion.

6. Days fly by because there is always something interesting going on and something new to learn

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at NCCI Holdings full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

NCCI is a nice-sized company with both the benefits of a large company and the homey feeling of a small company. Many of the people who work there are willing to share knowledge and pass along experience to help broaden the overall company skill set. The management has an open door policy and listens when there are issues. Customers tend to appreciate the well-performed work NCCI does and most customer interactions are positive and employees get to feel appreciated. There is a lot of opportunity to get involved with charitible activites and to contribute to activites that also benefit the employees. Overall it is a nice mix of challenging work, rewarding opportunities, and community involvement. There is also a nice focus on environmental and cost consciousness.

Cons

People love working there and turnover is low. This can limit opportunities in some areas.

7. Great company, good reputation in industry

Former Employee - Consultant in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Consultant in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at NCCI Holdings full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits. On site gym, café, daycare, dry-cleaner, etc. Place to retire. People stay for 10, 20, 30 years.

Cons

Very slow turnover. Hard to get promotion.

If I had to do it over again... I wouldn't

Former Employee - Analyst in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Analyst in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at NCCI Holdings full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good Benefits and not much else

Cons

Too many to list them all but...

Very deflating culture there which beats an employee's morale down. People are in fear of losing their job, speaking to HR, speaking to their manager, saying no when something is obviously not right.

There are a select few that are favorites and preferred, and everyone else is just filling up space. Blatantly give things to one person but not to everyone.

Everyone thinks they KNOW everything and do not try to help but only cover themselves. Every conversation is a debate not an attempt to find a resolution.

Serious consistency and communication problems. You will get five different answers from five different people.

Already shared my advice... no one listens. This is why they stay stuck in the cultural rut they made for themselves.

Great company, very active in the community, great benefits.

Current Employee - Ratings Analyst in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at NCCI Holdings full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great company, great corporate environment, and a lot of good people. Company actively participates in several charities and works hard towards being efficient and environmentally green.

Cons

All salaries are always in the lower spectrum of the range. Annual increase is only 2% per year, very difficult to obtain exceeds expectations in yearly performance review, no specific explanation as to what would qualify as exceeds expectations.

Keep better track of potential emerging leaders and offer them concrete opportunities within their daily tasks to improve and accumulate leadership experience.

Stay Away from this company

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Data Analyst in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at NCCI Holdings full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The only pro about this company are the benefits. Medical, Dental, 401K, etc.. plans are effective first day on the job.

Cons

Managers have their favorites. HR personnel sides more towards management. Low team moral. Managers will not confess their mistakes and would lie about it.

Revamped the HR department. There are too many HR recruiters have been there for a long period of time and are too close to too many managers.

11. I have spent the last 15 years enjoying my experience at NCCI. It's makes having to work easier to accept..

Current Employee - Ratings Analyst in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at NCCI Holdings full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits, flexibility, opportunity, and sense of community. Departments seem like big families and the company shares that feeling of family.

Cons

Other than not being able to work from home or wear shorts, not really any cons.

NCCI Holdings Photos