NCCI Holdings

www.ncci.com

NCCI Holdings Reviews in Boca Raton, FL

Updated Apr 25, 2014
NCCI Holdings – Boca Raton – “NCCI Headquarters”

Stephen J. Klingel

7 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great company, good reputation in industry

Consultant (Former Employee) Boca Raton, FL

ProsGreat benefits. On site gym, café, daycare, dry-cleaner, etc. Place to retire. People stay for 10, 20, 30 years.

ConsVery slow turnover. Hard to get promotion.

If I had to do it over again... I wouldn't

Analyst (Former Employee) Boca Raton, FL

ProsGood Benefits and not much else

ConsToo many to list them all but...

Very deflating culture there which beats an employee's morale down. People are in fear of losing their job, speaking to HR, speaking to their manager, saying no when something is obviously not right.

There are a select few that are favorites and preferred, and everyone else is just filling up space. Blatantly give things to one person but not to everyone.

Everyone thinks they KNOW everything and do not try to help but only cover themselves. Every conversation is a debate not an attempt to find a resolution.

Serious consistency and communication problems. You will get five different answers from five different people.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlready shared my advice... no one listens. This is why they stay stuck in the cultural rut they made for themselves.

Great company, very active in the community, great benefits.

Ratings Analyst (Current Employee) Boca Raton, FL

ProsGreat company, great corporate environment, and a lot of good people. Company actively participates in several charities and works hard towards being efficient and environmentally green.

ConsAll salaries are always in the lower spectrum of the range. Annual increase is only 2% per year, very difficult to obtain exceeds expectations in yearly performance review, no specific explanation as to what would qualify as exceeds expectations.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep better track of potential emerging leaders and offer them concrete opportunities within their daily tasks to improve and accumulate leadership experience.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stay Away from this company

Data Analyst (Former Employee) Boca Raton, FL

ProsThe only pro about this company are the benefits. Medical, Dental, 401K, etc.. plans are effective first day on the job.

ConsManagers have their favorites. HR personnel sides more towards management. Low team moral. Managers will not confess their mistakes and would lie about it.

Advice to Senior ManagementRevamped the HR department. There are too many HR recruiters have been there for a long period of time and are too close to too many managers.

I have spent the last 15 years enjoying my experience at NCCI. It's makes having to work easier to accept..

Ratings Analyst (Current Employee) Boca Raton, FL

ProsExcellent benefits, flexibility, opportunity, and sense of community. Departments seem like big families and the company shares that feeling of family.

ConsOther than not being able to work from home or wear shorts, not really any cons.

Best company I have ever worked for. My friends can't believe how well they treat the employees

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Boca Raton, FL

ProsManagement really cares about the employees. They tell us what's going on, what are the challenges. They praise and reward us for doing well. Everyone I work with is so friendly! I really love my job! I'll never leave.

ConsHmmm... the on-site fittness center and daycare facility are not free to employees. NCCI is not a huge company (i like that) so there is probably not the same opportunity to move up as there would be in a major company.

Advice to Senior ManagementSince Steve Klingel took over as CEO the company has been transformed into the most incredible, positive work environment ever. It was so bad before he came and now all the employees are so proud to be a part of NCCI. All I'd say to management is keep doing what you're doing!

NCCI is a great place to get training.

Developer (Former Employee) Boca Raton, FL

ProsNCCI provides excellent training and professional advancement programs. The pace is laid back. There are many talented people working there who are always available to help and/or mentor you. The firm is always willing to embrace a new vendor or product, so there are many opportunities to network.

ConsNCCI is a very bureaucratic firm. Projects are slow moving and people inject themselves into the process to fill their day. The only thing worse than failure at this firm is success. Any successful projects will be slowed down so more people can get on board and take credit for them and talk about how great it was.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmbrace iterative projects. Release early and often. Shipping is a feature.

Worked for NCCI Holdings? Contribute to the Community!