NCCI Holdings Reviews in Boca Raton, FL

Updated April 25, 2014
3.4

Stephen J. Klingel

7 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great company, good reputation in industry

Former Employee - Consultant  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Consultant in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at NCCI Holdings full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits. On site gym, café, daycare, dry-cleaner, etc. Place to retire. People stay for 10, 20, 30 years.

Cons

Very slow turnover. Hard to get promotion.

If I had to do it over again... I wouldn't

Former Employee - Analyst  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Analyst in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at NCCI Holdings full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good Benefits and not much else

Cons

Too many to list them all but...

Very deflating culture there which beats an employee's morale down. People are in fear of losing their job, speaking to HR, speaking to their manager, saying no when something is obviously not right.

There are a select few that are favorites and preferred, and everyone else is just filling up space. Blatantly give things to one person but not to everyone.

Everyone thinks they KNOW everything and do not try to help but only cover themselves. Every conversation is a debate not an attempt to find a resolution.

Serious consistency and communication problems. You will get five different answers from five different people.

Already shared my advice... no one listens. This is why they stay stuck in the cultural rut they made for themselves.

Great company, very active in the community, great benefits.

Current Employee - Ratings Analyst  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Ratings Analyst in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at NCCI Holdings full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great company, great corporate environment, and a lot of good people. Company actively participates in several charities and works hard towards being efficient and environmentally green.

Cons

All salaries are always in the lower spectrum of the range. Annual increase is only 2% per year, very difficult to obtain exceeds expectations in yearly performance review, no specific explanation as to what would qualify as exceeds expectations.

Keep better track of potential emerging leaders and offer them concrete opportunities within their daily tasks to improve and accumulate leadership experience.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stay Away from this company

Former Employee - Data Analyst  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Data Analyst in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at NCCI Holdings full-time for more than a year

Pros

The only pro about this company are the benefits. Medical, Dental, 401K, etc.. plans are effective first day on the job.

Cons

Managers have their favorites. HR personnel sides more towards management. Low team moral. Managers will not confess their mistakes and would lie about it.

Revamped the HR department. There are too many HR recruiters have been there for a long period of time and are too close to too many managers.

I have spent the last 15 years enjoying my experience at NCCI. It's makes having to work easier to accept..

Current Employee - Ratings Analyst  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Ratings Analyst in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at NCCI Holdings full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Excellent benefits, flexibility, opportunity, and sense of community. Departments seem like big families and the company shares that feeling of family.

Cons

Other than not being able to work from home or wear shorts, not really any cons.

Best company I have ever worked for. My friends can't believe how well they treat the employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at NCCI Holdings

Pros

Management really cares about the employees. They tell us what's going on, what are the challenges. They praise and reward us for doing well. Everyone I work with is so friendly! I really love my job! I'll never leave.

Cons

Hmmm... the on-site fittness center and daycare facility are not free to employees. NCCI is not a huge company (i like that) so there is probably not the same opportunity to move up as there would be in a major company.

Since Steve Klingel took over as CEO the company has been transformed into the most incredible, positive work environment ever. It was so bad before he came and now all the employees are so proud to be a part of NCCI. All I'd say to management is keep doing what you're doing!

NCCI is a great place to get training.

Former Employee - Developer  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Developer in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at NCCI Holdings

Pros

NCCI provides excellent training and professional advancement programs. The pace is laid back. There are many talented people working there who are always available to help and/or mentor you. The firm is always willing to embrace a new vendor or product, so there are many opportunities to network.

Cons

NCCI is a very bureaucratic firm. Projects are slow moving and people inject themselves into the process to fill their day. The only thing worse than failure at this firm is success. Any successful projects will be slowed down so more people can get on board and take credit for them and talk about how great it was.

Embrace iterative projects. Release early and often. Shipping is a feature.

Worked for NCCI Holdings? Contribute to the Community!