NCCI Holdings Reviews

3.4

Stephen J. Klingel

Best place 'I've ever worked

I have been working at NCCI Holdings full-time

Pros

Great management, feel like a part of a team. Good benefits, lots to learn, 401k, pension plan,

Cons

I can't think of any

Great company, good reputation in industry

Former Employee - Consultant  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Consultant in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at NCCI Holdings full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits. On site gym, café, daycare, dry-cleaner, etc. Place to retire. People stay for 10, 20, 30 years.

Cons

Very slow turnover. Hard to get promotion.

If I had to do it over again... I wouldn't

Former Employee - Analyst  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Analyst in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at NCCI Holdings full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good Benefits and not much else

Cons

Too many to list them all but...

Very deflating culture there which beats an employee's morale down. People are in fear of losing their job, speaking to HR, speaking to their manager, saying no when something is obviously not right.

There are a select few that are favorites and preferred, and everyone else is just filling up space. Blatantly give things to one person but not to everyone.

Everyone thinks they KNOW everything and do not try to help but only cover themselves. Every conversation is a debate not an attempt to find a resolution.

Serious consistency and communication problems. You will get five different answers from five different people.

Already shared my advice... no one listens. This is why they stay stuck in the cultural rut they made for themselves.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bad Experience

I worked at NCCI Holdings full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I did not find any redeeming qualities.

Cons

High management turnover while I was there. Co-workers were evil, spiteful and incompetent. Were not qualified to be doing their positions and summarily dismissed individuals they did not like through any means necessary.

When individuals file a complaint with HR, some actions should be taken. It was obvious African Americans were targeted and dismissed for no apparent reason.

Stay Away from this company

Former Employee - Data Analyst  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Data Analyst in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at NCCI Holdings full-time for more than a year

Pros

The only pro about this company are the benefits. Medical, Dental, 401K, etc.. plans are effective first day on the job.

Cons

Managers have their favorites. HR personnel sides more towards management. Low team moral. Managers will not confess their mistakes and would lie about it.

Revamped the HR department. There are too many HR recruiters have been there for a long period of time and are too close to too many managers.

Great company, very active in the community, great benefits.

Current Employee - Ratings Analyst  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Ratings Analyst in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at NCCI Holdings full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great company, great corporate environment, and a lot of good people. Company actively participates in several charities and works hard towards being efficient and environmentally green.

Cons

All salaries are always in the lower spectrum of the range. Annual increase is only 2% per year, very difficult to obtain exceeds expectations in yearly performance review, no specific explanation as to what would qualify as exceeds expectations.

Keep better track of potential emerging leaders and offer them concrete opportunities within their daily tasks to improve and accumulate leadership experience.

I would not recommend working there

I worked at NCCI Holdings full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Salary and health and 401 benefits.

Cons

The promotions hinge on your social circles within the company.

Resign and be replaced with some caring intelligence.

Take it or leave it at NCCI

I worked at NCCI Holdings full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Your peers are the best part of the company. You will develop life long relationships with your co-workers. Management must follow what they are told to do right or wrong. The majority of management works well with the team atmosphere, internal and external customer.

Cons

Employees are not always heard when situations within the organization need to be reviewed on a process level, delivery stand point and or according to how employees may have been treated by management. Too much lack of trust within the organization, too much gossip, too much back stabbing. Not enough knowledge between departments knowing impact from each other- to each dept. to internal customers and external customers. Lack of understanding of the entire process amongst too many employees.

Show more integrity, honesty and compassion within your work, cross functional teams and direct reports.

I have spent the last 15 years enjoying my experience at NCCI. It's makes having to work easier to accept..

Current Employee - Ratings Analyst  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Ratings Analyst in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at NCCI Holdings full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Excellent benefits, flexibility, opportunity, and sense of community. Departments seem like big families and the company shares that feeling of family.

Cons

Other than not being able to work from home or wear shorts, not really any cons.

Best company I have ever worked for. My friends can't believe how well they treat the employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at NCCI Holdings

Pros

Management really cares about the employees. They tell us what's going on, what are the challenges. They praise and reward us for doing well. Everyone I work with is so friendly! I really love my job! I'll never leave.

Cons

Hmmm... the on-site fittness center and daycare facility are not free to employees. NCCI is not a huge company (i like that) so there is probably not the same opportunity to move up as there would be in a major company.

Since Steve Klingel took over as CEO the company has been transformed into the most incredible, positive work environment ever. It was so bad before he came and now all the employees are so proud to be a part of NCCI. All I'd say to management is keep doing what you're doing!

Worked for NCCI Holdings? Contribute to the Community!