NCH

Irvin L. Levy

11 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Job Security

Technical Service Chemist (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsFamily oriented company, Stable company, looking for a long term job, this is the place for you.

Conssalary are a bit lower that others if you don't work at the corporte building

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage employees higher education.

Unprofessional HR department and overrated word of mouth about company

IT Position (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsIf you can get in and deal with management then you might be ok.

ConsLeave applicants hanging for long periods of time then when they finally turn down applicants they say they are going with more qualified applicants but I have a friend in the company that says they usually fill from within or with cheaper applicants to save money.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you are going to turn down qualified applicants at least have the decency to be truthful and let them know you never intended to hire someone from the outside, you only posted the position because you had to in order to fill it with a pre-selected internal applicant. Sending out a standard email stating that you are going with more qualified applicants without even looking at the resume or qualifications is bad business.

If you want to work with inexperienced telephone sales people with lots of turn over, well this is the place for you.

Account Represnetative (Former Employee) Irving, TX

ProsLaid back working atmosphere in the telephone sales department - certified labs, chemsearch, etc
    No actual quota, just get some sales during the week and they leave you alone, get off early on Fridays alot.

ConsThey give the good account to the new people to fool them into thinking it is an easy job to make commissions, pay is so low you cannot survive, if you good in the sales dept they do not want to move you out of it.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people, great place to work

Lease Administrator (Former Employee) Irving, TX

ProsThey really care about their people.

ConsOld way of doing things

Pretty good for an older, family owned corporation

Data Analyst (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsGood work/life balance, talented coworkers, on site gym and cafe, upper management seems to listen, many people have worked here 10, 20 or 30+ years. Good insurance benefits. Generous incentives and bonuses - they do reward hard working, smart people here. I enjoy my job at NCH.

ConsThe IT department could be a little better - I'm still running Excel 2003 on my computer. Some people do have Excel 2010, so I guess we are all being slowly upgraded. There are multiple systems to learn, and no real training on how to use them when you are first hired. You will need to teach yourself a lot. Some of the furnishings and equipment (like phones) are probably 20 years old, but it's a minor issue.

If you like structure and standard practices this is a good company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsThis is a Global based company with a wide variety of services & products. The company is pretty stable and has good benefits.

ConsThe hard work isn't always recognized by individual contributors. Thinking outside the box is not viewed in a positive light from all the business areas.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be a better communication strategy. Let your direct reports and their employees know expectations and vision

A small chemical company with narrow minded leadership.

IT Business Analyst (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsThe company is persistent. Old fashioned. Located next to Las Colinas. Steady work. Thrifty enough to rarely need to layoff.

ConsCheap, Top Heavy in Management, Abuse of employees goes overlooked by HR, infrastructure is pitiful. Raises and salaries remain stagnant. Development of staff is non existence. Zero training on how to be Good Managers. People promoted through attrition rather than skill.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate the staff by embracing them as the company family. Develop and promote staff. be good stewards of the companies funds.

Great Company but Low Pay for Non-Managers

Telephone Sales Representative (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsGreat people, great benefits, employee oriented company.

ConsLimited growth opportunities. Below average pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook for qualified employees within the current ranks to fill needs. Many employees have much more experience and talent than the company realizes. Employees are pigeonholed into one division and unable to display all of their attributes.

You would think a worldwide company would stay up to date.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsNCH is a very well established company, been in business for 90 years. Started as a family owned business and still is. Has manufacturing and sales offices all over the world. Many employees have been with the company forever, the majority of the work force at the headquarters in Irving are over the age of forty.

ConsNCH refuses to update software and supply the tools needed in order to do your job effectively. The majority of the furniture in this building is over 50 years old. They can squeeze a penny so hard Licoln squeals. Every year at annual meeting for employees they annouce how well all of the divisions have done profit wise. Then when annual reviews and raises (less than 3 months later) come around, they proclaim they are unable to give you more than a minisucal amount. If you don't get the money you want coming in you will never get it.

Advice to Senior ManagementOnly lie to your employees once either when you announce how well you are doing or when raises come around.

Its a job

Inside Sales (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsProfessional atmospher
    Time off is fair and flexable
    Management style

ConsLow salary
    No room for advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementEqually distribute accounts among tenure and new reps

Worked for NCH? Contribute to the Community!