NCH Reviews

Irvin L. Levy

1. Job Security

Current Employee - Technical Service Chemist in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Service Chemist in Irving, TX

I have been working at NCH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Family oriented company, Stable company, looking for a long term job, this is the place for you.

Cons

salary are a bit lower that others if you don't work at the corporte building

Encourage employees higher education.

2. Many long standing employees but not progressive

Current Employee - Product Development in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Product Development in Irving, TX

I have been working at NCH

Pros

Great company if you can get a good sales territory

Cons

Managemtn is not that progressive - lots of status quo

You can't milk it forever

3. Do not work in IT! Business folks are cool. Nothing ground breaking happening. Clock watchers stuck in The dark agaes!

Former Employee - Global Implementation Team Lead for ERP Systems in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Global Implementation Team Lead for ERP Systems in Irving, TX

I worked at NCH (more than 8 years)

Pros

Steady and frugle, yes that is the only pro.

Cons

Technology, lack of budget, poor management, unqualified directors with egos who take every opportunity to fail to lead, inspire or communicate effectively with their teams.

Be flexible, allow work from home, quit watching clocks, respect your employees. Get some some management training for those IT managers

Terrible.

Former Employee - Receiving Supervisor in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Receiving Supervisor in Irving, TX

I worked at NCH full-time (more than a year)

Pros

None really.... We were off on weekends? That's about it. There was never really anything good going on there.

Cons

I was a receiving supervisor at the Irving plant. I was terminated with no cause. I was trained for two days and thrown out in my own. My team wasn't allowed to work overtime but everyone else did, putting us constantly behind. When I filed for unemployment they lied and am said I had been written up multiple times with no proof. Because I never had a reprimand. They told the unemployment office I wasn't qualified to do my job... I was there 13 months. Worst company ever.

You should all be let go.

Unprofessional HR department and overrated word of mouth about company

Current Employee - IT Position in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - IT Position in Irving, TX

I have been working at NCH full-time (less than a year)

Pros

If you can get in and deal with management then you might be ok.

Cons

Leave applicants hanging for long periods of time then when they finally turn down applicants they say they are going with more qualified applicants but I have a friend in the company that says they usually fill from within or with cheaper applicants to save money.

If you are going to turn down qualified applicants at least have the decency to be truthful and let them know you never intended to hire someone from the outside, you only posted the position because you had to in order to fill it with a pre-selected internal applicant. Sending out a standard email stating that you are going with more qualified applicants without even looking at the resume or qualifications is bad business.

If you want to work with inexperienced telephone sales people with lots of turn over, well this is the place for you.

Former Employee - Account Represnetative in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Account Represnetative in Irving, TX

I worked at NCH full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Laid back working atmosphere in the telephone sales department - certified labs, chemsearch, etc
    No actual quota, just get some sales during the week and they leave you alone, get off early on Fridays alot.

Cons

They give the good account to the new people to fool them into thinking it is an easy job to make commissions, pay is so low you cannot survive, if you good in the sales dept they do not want to move you out of it.

None

8. Great people, great place to work

Former Employee - Lease Administrator in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Lease Administrator in Irving, TX

I worked at NCH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They really care about their people.

Cons

Old way of doing things

9. Pretty good for an older, family owned corporation

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Irving, TX

I have been working at NCH full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good work/life balance, talented coworkers, on site gym and cafe, upper management seems to listen, many people have worked here 10, 20 or 30+ years. Good insurance benefits. Generous incentives and bonuses - they do reward hard working, smart people here. I enjoy my job at NCH.

Cons

The IT department could be a little better - I'm still running Excel 2003 on my computer. Some people do have Excel 2010, so I guess we are all being slowly upgraded. There are multiple systems to learn, and no real training on how to use them when you are first hired. You will need to teach yourself a lot. Some of the furnishings and equipment (like phones) are probably 20 years old, but it's a minor issue.

10. If you like structure and standard practices this is a good company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I have been working at NCH full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This is a Global based company with a wide variety of services & products. The company is pretty stable and has good benefits.

Cons

The hard work isn't always recognized by individual contributors. Thinking outside the box is not viewed in a positive light from all the business areas.

There needs to be a better communication strategy. Let your direct reports and their employees know expectations and vision

A small chemical company with narrow minded leadership.

Current Employee - IT Business Analyst in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - IT Business Analyst in Irving, TX

I have been working at NCH full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The company is persistent. Old fashioned. Located next to Las Colinas. Steady work. Thrifty enough to rarely need to layoff.

Cons

Cheap, Top Heavy in Management, Abuse of employees goes overlooked by HR, infrastructure is pitiful. Raises and salaries remain stagnant. Development of staff is non existence. Zero training on how to be Good Managers. People promoted through attrition rather than skill.

Appreciate the staff by embracing them as the company family. Develop and promote staff. be good stewards of the companies funds.