NCH

Updated Jul 6, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Irvin L. Levy

Innovative company and a great place to work

Management Development Program (Current Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

ProsCertified Labs has some of the best sales training that quickly gets you up to speed to sell in the field. The support system fosters a great culture throughout all levels of the company. Your success is directly related with your work effort. The company really sets you up for success. I would recommend to a friend

ConsFor some people this may be a con. In order to be successful you have to work hard.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to keep employee engagement high.

There has never been a better time to work for this company.

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Detroit, MI

Pros- Fantastic training, sales reps are treated like gold.
    - High quality products I am proud to sell.
    - Uncapped commissions and plenty of opportunity for advancement.

Cons- Product line is sold based on value so you need to be a good sales person not an order-taker.
    - We are in the process of updating a lot of our presentations and technology, but it's getting way better.

Advice to Senior ManagementThings seem to take a long time to get accomplished and there is some resistance to the changes that are happening at the company, but that is far outweighed by the company culture. I have yet to meet someone that wasn't immediately likable. I would also like to see some web based marketing improvements.

This is the best company I have worked with.

Sales Representative - Certified Labs (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsThe people here really care about you and the management team is great. You can set your own pace and this company is constantly growing. You can make as much or as little as you want. There are also great opportunities to grow within the company. This could absolutely be my last stop.

ConsIf you are use to selling on price this job is not for you. The products will always cost more than others on the market but they are the best and that's a fact.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

administrative assistant

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee)
    Las Vegas, NV

ProsBeautiful strip views, opportunity for growth, great humble hard working co-workers. This truly is a great company to work for. There is nothing better when loving your job. Not only is the company outstanding but so are the people. Its a pleasure to work for such a great team!

ConsNo Cons! We work Mon- Fri 8-5

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement allows you to grow with the company and you get the opportunity to learn so much!

NCH is an amazing company to work for! We made the INC 500/5000 list this year!

Director (Current Employee)
    Las Vegas, NV

ProsNCH is a very focused and growth oriented company with extra attention on developing new partnerships. We've made the INC 500/5000 list for exceptional growth by focusing on delivering the WOW to our employees and clients. We've partnered with some of the most reputable companies in America and continue build on those partnerships. The founder, Cort W. Christie, is a very dedicated professional that really cares about his business, clients and employees. Cort makes every attempt to make the climate fun and family oriented through the NCH Fun Squad! I'm very proud to be a part of such a great organization and look forward to a long career here!

ConsWe're not perfect! We're constantly working to improve our systems and "Deliver the WOW" to our clients. We fall short occasionally, but we care enough to do something about it. We're always looking for talented individuals to take us to that next level.

Great people, great place to work

Lease Administrator (Former Employee)
    Irving, TX

ProsThey really care about their people.

ConsOld way of doing things

NCH is a great place to work!

Prosgreat company to work for.

Consthere is a lack of advancement opportunities

Pretty good for an older, family owned corporation

Data Analyst (Current Employee)
    Irving, TX

ProsGood work/life balance, talented coworkers, on site gym and cafe, upper management seems to listen, many people have worked here 10, 20 or 30+ years. Good insurance benefits. Generous incentives and bonuses - they do reward hard working, smart people here. I enjoy my job at NCH.

ConsThe IT department could be a little better - I'm still running Excel 2003 on my computer. Some people do have Excel 2010, so I guess we are all being slowly upgraded. There are multiple systems to learn, and no real training on how to use them when you are first hired. You will need to teach yourself a lot. Some of the furnishings and equipment (like phones) are probably 20 years old, but it's a minor issue.

Review 5 years in the making...

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsAble to skate by due to so much going on, no one realizes stuff isn't getting done because everybody thinks someone else is responsible for it so it just never gets done.

ConsThis billion dollar company is still being run like a mom and pop shop. Budgets are so strict some departments still have typewriters and are just unable to properly do their job...frustrated with not being provided adequate tools to do their job (but then get disappointing performance reviews for not doing a good/proper job) people get fed up and quit after 1-3 years. I feel their pain.
    Every single employee does the bare minimum to skate by and get their paycheck. There is no company pride.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen your wallet! You gotta spend money to make money. And remember every person below you needs to be treated like a human.

Overall it was good up until the point of my position being suddenly eliminated on a Tuesday

Network Systems Analyst (Current Employee)
    Macon, GA

ProsMany divisions of different products with varying IT needs and requirements helped to provide exposure to a broad range of technology. Company upgraded entire infrastructure during my employment which allowed a good look at how things get done at all levels in that dept.

ConsUnless you are willing to relocate to TX in the United States, upper level IT jobs are not there as all North American support is generally done out of HQ in Irving.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you acquire a company with competent personnel, macromanagement can be just as bad as micromanagement. An effort should be made to bring those people on as part of the team if they are kept through the acquisition process.

Worked for NCH? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NCH reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NCH CEO Irvin L. Levy. All 29 reviews posted anonymously by NCH employees.