NCH Reviews

Highly Micromanaged

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative  in  Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at NCH

Pros

Sales training program in St Louis did a good job of teaching someone how to deal with any conceivable objection.

Cons

Chemsearch had me prospecting over 90% of time. Their sales training program wanted us to utilize a whole host of "novelties" (GIVEAWAY GIFTS) during our initial warmup before sales pitch. As an example, secretary/"gatekeepers' would be given hand lotion, most male prospects would be given a pliers plus multitool or fishing filet knife during warmup.
    My boss wanted me to make "70 dials" every Monday to get appointments with buyers! He would call me different times to know how many 'dials I had made thus far along with how appointments I had made. Then he would ride with me every week in field and break down every sales call to what I did right and wrong. Ultimately, I could not take the boss constantly calling me at home along with micromanaging sales calls so I happily RESIGNED ! Ironically enough, the day I resigned, I recieved a company memo showing, I was top dog for number of new accounts.

If I am getting the new accounts for your company.....then leave me alone !!! Let me adopt my own sales approach which worked ! If your own trainers boast in class that 60-70% of new hires in class wont be here one year from now, then you have a problem !!! I wrote this review after seeing Chemsearch running employment ads again for each of 2 major cities in my state.

Great most of the time.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I have been working at NCH

Pros

NCH as a company is great! The people are some of the best I have worked with.

Cons

Management does not know what they are doing. They will lie on your review if they do not like you.
    They believe in deliverables only, they do not care about quality. It was not always this way.

Treat people with respect. Be honorable, if you do not like them, do not lie on them. Quality code is important, because that is less support you will have to do. Do not worry about checking off your list only.

Overall it is a good company. Just as most businesses, there is always room for improvement.

I have been working at NCH

Pros

Company's benefits appear to be in-line with other companies. Company recently instituted an on-line performance measurement system to measure one's performance which is a step forward.

Cons

Company's computer systems, software and applications could afford to be refreshed and would bring them in-line with other businesses and corporations.

Management should seriously consider updating the computer systems, software and applications as it will be an opportunity to improve employee morale.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I have mostly enjoyed working here but very few people make "good" money.

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at NCH

Pros

flexible job where you are your own boss. Ability to grow business with some help from company. If you get lucky and receive some accounts you can do well. Once established the job really can be fun where you are seeing people you know and like and selling them products they like using.

Cons

No established accounts to begin with or if you receive them they are not good accounts. Antiquated sales support. They still have panelling at corporate! Very expensive product. If your customers do not really like you good luck.

Help new employees to stay with the company with a longer base and some new accounts. The ramp up is a killer.

If the management can get it together, they can actually make the company a fun place to work

I have been working at NCH

Pros

Company is flexible with work schedule

Cons

There is not much room to grow in the company.

Good people, but stuck in their ways

I have been working at NCH

Pros

good people; some departments really want to invest in their employees

Cons

Very hierarchical and political environment; very low pay in comparison to other organizations; not a forward thinking organization

Pay your employees more, everyone there talks about leaving as soon as they get a better offer elsewhere. You are losing talent.

Well established company, been around for many years, stable. You could have a career here.

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I worked at NCH full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked for Certified Labs, a NCH division. They provided extensive training, and support for me and the rest of the sales team. Management is really respectful, and do a pretty good job. Pay can be decent if you're willing to break your back everyday.

Cons

NCH's umbrella of companies creates a conflicting battle for business which is absolutely pointless! Literally the same exact products with different labels, and multiple reps in the same area. This is such a pain to deal with. Expense compensation is TERRIBLE. With all of the gifts they want you to buy clients and potential clients, and the gas and car damage from driving everywhere, the $200 a month is an absolute joke. Also, the industry in which you'll be working is dirty.

Be prepared to work this job from the moment you wake up, until you go to bed at night. Organizing all of your leads, clients, etc etc, while processing orders (yep, you have to do that too), when you get home from work, you'll spend 3 hours on the computer and then your day is completely gone.

This company makes an extreme amount of money each year. Show some love to your reps in the field who drive their own vehicles almost 50,000 miles a year. Find a more efficient way for reps to enter orders. iPads would make sense. Boom, you place the order right there! Listen up management!

Its golden cage

Current Employee - Sourcing Engineer  in  Vadodara (India)
    Current Employee - Sourcing Engineer in Vadodara (India)

I have been working at NCH full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some higher management people are good
    The treats are good
    Nice cross culture experience

Cons

Rampant politics at top management
    No long term security
    The vision is poor and immediate
    More emphasis on short term goal rather then organic growth

People are asset, not just slaves
    Have holistic and patient approach to market

Very interesting.....

I have been working at NCH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

All about top line growth. Good people at lower ranks. Sr. leadership is disconnected. Say they want change, but don't want to rock boat...

Cons

Very political, hostile, dysfunctional environment.

Keep your good people, don't believe everything you hear from executives.... The culture is crumbling around you....

Marketing

Former Employee - Marketing Manager  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at NCH

Pros

Good R&D and lab assistance for projects

Cons

Too much of a sales admin department, not enough real marketing

Continue making good products, just review the pricing metrics.

Worked for NCH? Contribute to the Community!