NCH

Irvin L. Levy

Great Company but Low Pay for Non-Managers

Current Employee - Telephone Sales Representative in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Telephone Sales Representative in Irving, TX

I have been working at NCH full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, great benefits, employee oriented company.

Cons

Limited growth opportunities. Below average pay.

Look for qualified employees within the current ranks to fill needs. Many employees have much more experience and talent than the company realizes. Employees are pigeonholed into one division and unable to display all of their attributes.

Its a job

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Irving, TX

I have been working at NCH

Pros

Professional atmospher
    Time off is fair and flexable
    Management style

Cons

Low salary
    No room for advancement

Equally distribute accounts among tenure and new reps

Interesting but limited

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at NCH

Pros

Small corporation giving room to grow; smaller teams make it easier to shine and get work done; they provide free drinks (soda and coffee)

Cons

The brand is not well known when deciding to move on to another company; there is a lack of diversity in the corporation;

I would advice management to provide the employees with better salaries and try to increase the employee diversity to be more more diverse

Highly Micromanaged

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at NCH

Pros

Sales training program in St Louis did a good job of teaching someone how to deal with any conceivable objection.

Cons

Chemsearch had me prospecting over 90% of time. Their sales training program wanted us to utilize a whole host of "novelties" (GIVEAWAY GIFTS) during our initial warmup before sales pitch. As an example, secretary/"gatekeepers' would be given hand lotion, most male prospects would be given a pliers plus multitool or fishing filet knife during warmup.
    My boss wanted me to make "70 dials" every Monday to get appointments with buyers! He would call me different times to know how many 'dials I had made thus far along with how appointments I had made. Then he would ride with me every week in field and break down every sales call to what I did right and wrong. Ultimately, I could not take the boss constantly calling me at home along with micromanaging sales calls so I happily RESIGNED ! Ironically enough, the day I resigned, I recieved a company memo showing, I was top dog for number of new accounts.

If I am getting the new accounts for your company.....then leave me alone !!! Let me adopt my own sales approach which worked ! If your own trainers boast in class that 60-70% of new hires in class wont be here one year from now, then you have a problem !!! I wrote this review after seeing Chemsearch running employment ads again for each of 2 major cities in my state.

Great most of the time.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I have been working at NCH

Pros

NCH as a company is great! The people are some of the best I have worked with.

Cons

Management does not know what they are doing. They will lie on your review if they do not like you.
    They believe in deliverables only, they do not care about quality. It was not always this way.

Treat people with respect. Be honorable, if you do not like them, do not lie on them. Quality code is important, because that is less support you will have to do. Do not worry about checking off your list only.

Overall it is a good company. Just as most businesses, there is always room for improvement.

I have been working at NCH

Pros

Company's benefits appear to be in-line with other companies. Company recently instituted an on-line performance measurement system to measure one's performance which is a step forward.

Cons

Company's computer systems, software and applications could afford to be refreshed and would bring them in-line with other businesses and corporations.

Management should seriously consider updating the computer systems, software and applications as it will be an opportunity to improve employee morale.

I have mostly enjoyed working here but very few people make "good" money.

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at NCH

Pros

flexible job where you are your own boss. Ability to grow business with some help from company. If you get lucky and receive some accounts you can do well. Once established the job really can be fun where you are seeing people you know and like and selling them products they like using.

Cons

No established accounts to begin with or if you receive them they are not good accounts. Antiquated sales support. They still have panelling at corporate! Very expensive product. If your customers do not really like you good luck.

Help new employees to stay with the company with a longer base and some new accounts. The ramp up is a killer.

If the management can get it together, they can actually make the company a fun place to work

I have been working at NCH

Pros

Company is flexible with work schedule

Cons

There is not much room to grow in the company.

Disappointing to say the least.

I have been working at NCH full-time

Pros

You get great treatment coming in the door, but the new wears off very quickly.

Cons

If you aren't a great sales representative, you are treated as a second-class citizen, and looked at as if you aren't worthy of updated equipment, a decent raise, etc.

Stop putting all the money in your own pocket and catch up with the times. Computers should be kept updated and replaced before they quit functioning. After all, computers are our livelihood.

Good people, but stuck in their ways

I have been working at NCH

Pros

good people; some departments really want to invest in their employees

Cons

Very hierarchical and political environment; very low pay in comparison to other organizations; not a forward thinking organization

Pay your employees more, everyone there talks about leaving as soon as they get a better offer elsewhere. You are losing talent.