NCI Reviews

91 reviews filtered by
3.2
NCI Chairman and CEO Charles K. Narang
Charles K. Narang

Pros
  • Decent hours, good benefits, convenient location and restaurants nearby (in 10 reviews)

• i have met some really good people working here over the years (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management must be good since they keep winning contracts and making money (in 3 reviews)

• lack of leadership, culture, personal growth (in 2 reviews)

1. NCIINC

I worked at NCI full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Excellent company very ethical and good atmosphere.

Cons

Trusting of some shady connections

Some of the contracts provide misleading information to NCI trying to put the blame wrongfully on NCI..

2. Database Administrator

I have been working at NCI

Pros

Flexible hours and great coworkers

Cons

Position is contracted by the US military (job security)

3. NCI Great company

I worked at NCI full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Nci was a great company to work for they were big on growth for us. Education and training. benefits were great and they took care of moral in the workforce.

Cons

There is only a few that come to mind maybe one being turnover on employees.

That local management was great,

5. I worked with talented people on a difficult mission, and we achieved far more than the customer had hoped we would.

Current Employee - Senior Capabilities Manager in Sierra Vista, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Capabilities Manager in Sierra Vista, AZ

I have been working at NCI full-time (more than a year)

Pros

NCI finds good people to put on the contracts they support, a task made more difficult in this particular region due to its somewhat remote nature. When push came to shove on the contract I supported and there was a demand for contractors to become Security+ certified, the company came through and provided a boot-camp-like training session.

Cons

Once on a contract, there's not much room for movement. This could be due to the way the contract is written, or perhaps it is because of the difficulty of finding qualified people who want to work in this area, or something else...

Continue to offer more educational opportunities for people in the more administratively-bound positions to continue to retain technical skills. What makes me, for example, a good technical worker is my technical skills...but when I'm in a role where I write papers more than work on equipment, those technical skills rust. To counter that, there needs to be more opportunity to take certification courses - to help keep the technical details more in practice.

6. Great people, horrible pay

I have been working at NCI full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There's a playfully competitive environemnt that really brings out the best in the workers.

Cons

The pay on my contract is really dismal.

Stop posting jobs with a title "Tier I PC Technicain" and a job description of "Provide Tier II Support" then paying us minimum of field for PC I tech. Seriously I'd love to work for you guys but I'm getting paid less than 60% of industry average.

7. Review

I have been working at NCI

Pros

Work can be consistant and compensation is good.

Cons

Project managers can leave you out in the cold

8. Not a bad company

I worked at NCI

Pros

Upper management was somewhat attentive to staff suggestions and observations. Aggressive early on about working with staff to please the client. Lots of training available if you can find the time to take advantage.

Cons

Hiring decisions could have been much better. The firm seemed willing to hire anybody and let the client sort it out. This placed too much stress on us. The project manager could have pushed back against the in-place subcontractor but instead let the sub-contractor walk all over him.

Be much more careful about choosing project management staff.

Major Corporate Management Problems

Former Employee - Corporate Resource in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Corporate Resource in Reston, VA

I worked at NCI full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

it's a job until i find another one. Their recruiters are nice, but it's all down hill from there....

Cons

Questionable ethics, lack of true leadership and decision making, culture of hiring friends vice the right talent, low morale, environment of gossip, mismanaged lay offs, meetings for the sake of process with little decision making. No accountability, no one makes even easy decisions - we just kick the can down the road. Many employees feel they never know who will be let go, very uncertain environment. Working here keeps you up at night thinking about what you could possibly do differently to survive the horrible corporate environment.

I would doubt the company's owner knows how his "executive team" really mismanages things. Many people are in jobs over their heads. Completely out of touch with operations in the field/programs (except for the Operations SVPs). No room for employee growth, once you're pigeon holed, stuck in your lane with no where to go but out (thankfully). Hope the owner and President realize this environment, because the people they have surrounded themselves with will never tell them the emperor has no clothes.

10. system administrator

Current Employee - Help Desk Specialist in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Current Employee - Help Desk Specialist in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at NCI

Pros

Great company to work for. Great benefits, awards, bonuses and incentives.

Cons

change of management and employee compensation

11. Fairly good salary - Provided food on my table.

I worked at NCI

Pros

Salary, benefits, work-life balance are ok.

Cons

Normally the training provided is cheap. There is a lot of micro-management and baby-sitting.

Company needs younger blood, most of their people in their Sierra Vista AZ branch is past retirement age.

NCI Photos