NCO Financial

Be The First To
Add Photos

NCO Financial CEO, Expert Global Solutions Ron Rittenmeyer

Ron Rittenmeyer

Pros
  • Working from home is a definite plus(in 4 reviews)

• I love the work environment, the staff there were really nice(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Not much room for advancement, even when promised(in 5 reviews)

• When I was there last there were several issues with the upper management not working with employees on things like schedule(in 6 reviews)

Okay

(Current Employee)

ProsI negotiated for a higher pay since I've worked in the industry. They will try to low ball you even if you have experience.

I love my coworkers and my team leads.

They give you lots of training.

They told me schedule before I was hired and haven't made me switch hours or forced to work later than required.

They offer a lot of over time.

They offer bonuses if you obtain at least 90% of your goal and get above 75% on your call monitoring.

They offer a sign on bonus if you can prove you have a good collection track record. Also, during your nesting period (training while on the phones) you can qualify for bonus money.

ConsThe accounts are hard to get in contact. On a good day I might speak to ten people. A lot of the times they just hang up when they figure it's NCO calling. The supervisor expects you to work miracles and thinks we're slacking off. I'm always on the phone, but don't get my numbers. The team leads know what I'm talking about but the supervisor doesn't seem to have a clue. It's ironic because my supervisor has been there for years.

The training is not specific to your job - you get a general overview. Some of the things they teach you are totally opposite when you get assigned to a department.

The supervisors will try to buffalo you into thinking you're wrong. As I have already worked in call centers before I am fully aware of these games. Examples: My supervisor claims you can only take 5 business days of your vacation time per month. However, it says nothing of that in the local attendance policy nor NCO handbook. My supervisor claims we should be collecting more money and that we're not doing a good job. However, the supervisor doesn't take into account what the team leads know nor do they give us some of the collection tools that will help us in their job. In addition our whole team is behind. That information should speak for itself, but they claim we're slacking off or not doing a proper job. *Shake my head*.

In my department, it's hard to get a bonus.

Their good insurance plan is expensive. There are about 300 to 500 people in my local office. The good insurance plan costs $120 every two weeks, yes over $240 a month for ONE person! I came from a smaller collection agency and their similar insurance was $38 every two weeks ($76 a month) for NCO's expensive plan. That is for medical and prescription. They have a lower one - but it's just the bare minimum. Luckily I have personal insurance and it's cheaper than what they charge! Obviously, they are making the employees pay the full value of the insurance. They are the leading collection company but cannot give employees a break!

Advice to Senior ManagementSee "cons" above

Underappreciated and AUnderpaid

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Lenexa, KS

ProsGreat opportunity to work from home.

ConsThe ever increasing responsibilities far outweighs the pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementThose of you who the decisions should work the position for a month to get a feel for what you put us through.

The work was pretty much your standard call center stuff.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt was easy, and you don't really have to have a work history, so it's a good starter job.

ConsThere will be a lot of customers complaining about issues you can do nothing about, but that's the nature of the job.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

low pay and more work responsibilities

Call Center (Former Employee) Charleston, SC

Prosa paycheck if you want to call it that. no raises at all

Consthey do not care about the employees. they are no more than cattle to the upper managment.

Advice to Senior Managementget a grip senior staff, stop pushing more work and expect us to do it without compensation.

This is not a professional company

Work From Home (Current Employee) Saint Joseph, MO

ProsThe company will offer you 40 hours guaranteed weekly

ConsThis company is very unprofessional. The work from home project is slavery. The pay is not competitive and the Managers are rude.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to Management. Become knowledgeable on your company policies. Stop promoting individuals with No education and refer to themselves as "rednecks". This company has no many political issues and high turnover rate.

Collector

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI enjoyed the pizza bagels

ConsEverything bit the pizza bagels suck here

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you have worked there longer than five years, you probably need to move on as you were part of the problem

Easy Money

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCame in as a Shipping agent for UPS, extremely easy money

ConsOffice culture is exactly like high school. Policies change eveyday. Very High turnover rate

Average experience. Good Starting point for someone new to the workforce

Pros40 hour work weeks long as you meet basic requirements
    The pay is a little above min. wage
    Gives you good customer service experience

ConsInconsistencies when it comes to policy
    Mandatory work periods

I was laid off from NCO due to consistent down sizing in the AZ office. In 2010 call centers were facing huge lay offs.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsGreat people, decent benefits, flexibility, pleasant atmosphere. Expect constant change, if you can handle that, then its a good environment for you.

ConsUpper management was very Click-ish.

The Job is Ok if Your looking for temporary work

ProsGreat and fun people. Hire anyone who has common sense. Decent Base Pay
    Good incentives when they give them

ConsLay you off. All jobs seem temporary
    Not organized
    Department and Leads dont know whats going on

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn more about what company and how its run before you take the position and dont know what your doing

Worked for NCO Financial? Contribute to the Community!