NCO Financial

Be The First To
Add Photos

NCO Financial CEO, Expert Global Solutions Ron Rittenmeyer

Ron Rittenmeyer

Pros
  • Working from home is a definite plus(in 4 reviews)

• I love the work environment, the staff there were really nice(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Not much room for advancement, even when promised(in 5 reviews)

• When I was there last there were several issues with the upper management not working with employees on things like schedule(in 6 reviews)

Escalation Supervisor

Escalation Supervisor (Former Employee) Saint Joseph, MO

ProsGood pay, hour, sometimes dependable company.

ConsManagement have unrealistic goals for agents.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet on the phones your self here and there, to realize what your reps do.

My experience working at NCO-Charlotte (iTunes) was unpleasant.

Email Customer Service (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsShift bids are held often. Benefits available after a short amount of time. Good place for advancement of women.

ConsSeniority not considered when promoting/advancing. District Managers not open to solving problems on a case by case basis. Confidential information made to employee reporting lines (whistleblower) made public and informer's name revealed. Behavioral issues not addressed when reported. Benefits expensive.

Apple tech support

Senior Product Specialist (Former Employee) Mendota Heights, MN

ProsVery easy to move up due to lack of qualified individuals

ConsVery stressful to get yelled at all day by Apple customers, and to only have 8 seconds between calls. Everything is very closely monitored and you have to follow a break schedule to a T just to be eligible for a bonus.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Collections Representative

Collections Representative (Former Employee) Mahwah, NJ

Pros????? At times the incentives can be rewarding.

ConsAccounts assigned to collectors are controlled and distributed by managers whom play favoratism.
    This allowed for managment to control your overall salary when working on commission.

Advice to Senior ManagementBecome honest leaders.

Friends don't let friends work at NCO

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Rockford, IL

ProsIt's a job, and honestly there are people there that are great to interact with. Also, if the center as a whole is doing well then they do try to put prizes out there for exceptional performances.

ConsWhen I was there last there were several issues with the upper management not working with employees on things like schedule. I've had and seen several issues there with paychecks in the past that are difficult at best to get resolved. The grading system they had in place when I left for the quality monitoring of the calls was rather subjective. They also had an issue with a high turnover rate on employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe changes that were needed may have been taken care of by now- I don't know. However, my suggestions would be to stop keeping unions out of the place, or at least make it so the unions wouldn't be necessary. If someone is sick, or has a sick or injured child or family member it would be a good idea to let them take care of that. Such actions would help employees feel like they're cared about and thus would make them more willing to work through any mess in a positive way and keep them there.

Yay

ProsJust a wonderful company miss it

ConsCannot think of anything bad to say

Terrible work environment

Technical Support I (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsGot to work with Apple and learn about Apple products

ConsPoor management
    Blatant age discrimination
    Blatant favortism
    Unrealistic expectations across the board

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not discrimanate based on age. While you think you are fooling people, when no one in management is over 25 it is obvious what is going on.

Chewed up and spit out

Recruiter (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsIf you are a 3rd party Collector or a CS agent, this is the company you want to work at. As a Collector, either working for NCO or TSI is a good choice. If you are a CS agent looking for a stable/legitimate home based position, pursue the openings available at ALW Sourcing. This feedback applies to the Phoenix, AZ office due to the superb GMs in place there.

ConsAssine & archaic hiring process, reluctant to adapt to change. Various business groups have a difficult time getting along with each other. Office politics play too much of a role in everyday activities.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement by intimidation is not always the best policy.

Don't make this mistake!

Collections Representative (Former Employee) Bingham Farms, MI

ProsA job while you look for a real one or going to college. Please don't stay there pass these two reasons.

ConsRaise after a year if you get one will be .5 - 10 cents! Will only make bonus if you are a suck up.
    Will start you off at 8.00 with a super high goal you will never make. No sick days and even if you show them a doctor excuse or proof of family illness will try and fire you.
    Employee Relations is never on your side so don't waste your time!

Advice to Senior ManagementTime to just close up shop. You treat the employees like trash and pay them so little 80% of the employees are forced to get medicaid and food stamps! Also it's wrong to make employees
    have to pay 50% of court cost/lawyer fees if NCO gets sued on an acct.

It had more downs than ups

Customer Service Representative/Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) Hampton, VA

ProsThe pay is pretty good because they would give us unlimited overtime, but then they would stop the overtime every so often for long periods of time.

ConsIt was a very unprofessional environments, you got promoted off of who you knew or who you were close to. The supervisors were very unfair, disrespectful, and felt the need to treat their employees like trash

Advice to Senior ManagementJust change your overall professionalism.

Worked for NCO Financial? Contribute to the Community!