NCO Financial

NCO Financial Reviews in Horsham, PA

2.5

NCO Financial CEO, Expert Global Solutions Ron Rittenmeyer
Ron Rittenmeyer

Pros
  • Working from home is a definite plus (in 4 reviews)

• I love the work environment, the staff there were really nice (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Not much room for advancement, even when promised (in 5 reviews)

• When I was there last there were several issues with the upper management not working with employees on things like schedule (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good for some

Former Employee - Vice President Operations  in  Horsham, PA
    Former Employee - Vice President Operations in Horsham, PA

I worked at NCO Financial

Pros

Can be a great place if you work for the right people. There are many good people who are the reason the company has grown to what it is today.

Cons

There are a number of people who manage with a hostile stile and the company permits it in lieu of just getting the job done. It is unfortunate but it is often what defines the overall culture.

Recognize some of the long time loyal people who have been forgotten. Opportunity has passed some by simply because they didnt fight for it in a culture led by bullies.

Want Superman performance for Mighty Mouse Pay

Current Employee - PAYMENT PROCESSING  in  Horsham, PA
    Current Employee - PAYMENT PROCESSING in Horsham, PA

I have been working at NCO Financial

Pros

Cant really think of anything other than a steady income and benefits. Oh and they have a parking lot, too, lol.

Cons

Ya got a minute??? Its not so much the pay is not great, its more like the pay doesnt match the amount of work they expect out of you. We are a short staffed department and now take on the job of three to four people. They dont offer overtime, but we work overtime, go figure....AKA, they dont pay us for overtime, we have to "wash" it, meaning they have us work less hours the following week after working OT the prior week in order to keep hours under 80 per ck. The management knows less about the job than the employees. Training on new procedures is quick and incomplete, but management gets mad when you dont get the procedure right away. So unless you're on your very last dime and no other job has called for a while, then save yourself!

Stop being so cheap when it comes to the necessities like highlighters, scanners, more employees, you know the essentials, lol. If you want the optimal performance out of your company,then hire enough people and offer incentives that would motivate them to perform the job at their best. If people know that all you care about is the bottom line and not the interest of the employees, which by the way you need more than we need you, those employees will never respect the job as they should and not care

Not the place to work for if you have any sort of life outside of work

Former Employee - Support Services  in  Horsham, PA
    Former Employee - Support Services in Horsham, PA

I worked at NCO Financial

Pros

The pay is good, and there's almost always an opportunity for overtime. In the department I was in, they occasionally did small incentives like early leave on Fridays if goals were reached by noon on Friday.

Cons

This is a company that-at least from what I've seen and experienced-is very much work over all other life aspects. If there's mandatory overtime, and you have to stay late, forget that 5:00 appointment with the doctor because they really look down on someone leaving before the goal is reached. If you have no paid time off and have a pre-paid vacation, forget it. They won't approve your request and you will be written up if you take the time off regardless of whether or not you can make up the time. If you or a family member is sick and you need to call out or leave early, it doesn't matter. If you can't make up the time missed, it will result in disciplinary action. The benefits are less than satisfactory. The way they handle absences and tardiness is ridiculous. A doctor's note excusing your absence does not necessarily excuse your absence in the eyes of NCO Financial. If you have paid time off and you need to leave early but plan to make up the time, they will take your paid time off hours regardless. Employees are not properly trained, and for the most part are placed to shadow different employees instead of new employees being trained by a supervisor or someone who is designated as a trainer, so that all are trained in the same manner. The whole place is like entering a high school with all of the little cliques. The boundary between personal and professional is definitely crossed between employees and their superiors. Be careful, favoritism is a huge deal in this place.

Reevaluate your absentee policy, better communication between management and employees and improve your training procedures.

Worked for NCO Financial? Contribute to the Community!