NCO Financial Reviews

130 reviews filtered by
2.4
NCO Financial CEO, Expert Global Solutions Ron Rittenmeyer
Ron Rittenmeyer

Pros
  • Great opportunity to work from home (in 5 reviews)

• I love the work environment, the staff there were really nice (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Not much room for advancement, even when promised (in 5 reviews)

• supervisors and upper management don't care about employees (in 8 reviews)

1. It was enjoyable until I was promoted. Very unethical company

Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Greensboro, NC

I worked at NCO Financial full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Shift was Mon-Fri. Project willing to promote from within. Easy to land job with company. No real application process anyone can be hired.

Cons

No room for further advancement, attendance policy showed no compassion for employees, guidelines changed monthly with poor communication to employees.

2. Default Rep.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dublin, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dublin, OH

I worked at NCO Financial

Pros

Easy and quick interview in person and over the phone.

Cons

Supervisors are not patient. Very fast paced.

Advice to Management

Management needs more training.

3. Customer Service

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at NCO Financial full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

work from home position, no weekends. Leadership used to be excellent but has changed. The company we work for is moving jobs overseas and leadership is now lacking.

Cons

Leadership is taking a back seat now that the jobs are moving overseas. Our conduct with customers is to remain the same although they changed rules for customers and they are finding different ways to take away monthly bonus. Our jobs will end officially in May and supervisors feel they don't have to put forth much effort.

Advice to Management

I understand you are losing your jobs too but keep in mind for the people who show up everyday that this is a thankless, stressful job for us too. You have taken away our bonus and changed the rules for customers and when jobs are moved in May customers will not tolerate it.

5. Horrible Company

Current Employee - WAH Call Center Representative in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - WAH Call Center Representative in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at NCO Financial full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Some Work at Home jobs

Cons

There are no raises for this company. You start off at 9.50 after 3 months you get a .50 raise. It is not easy to bonus. The rules and guidelines are change everyday and all employes are not on one accord.

6. Expect to be screwed over in the end.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Getzville, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Getzville, NY

I worked at NCO Financial full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Above minimum wage and was good experience to have to eventually get into a better job. Met some great people and made some great friends.

Cons

Expensive yet crappy benefits. Training sucks initial 3 weeks is extremely boring and you don't learn anything you really need. You learn on the floor but then get yelled at for not knowing. HR doesn't help and when incidents are "investigated" it means management talks to HR on how they are going to fire you and not pay unemployment. Extremely picky on little things unless you're a favorite. Anything you say will be held against you in the managers office. Say you're frustrated about not getting trained on a new change- you'll be questioned about why you work there. Dress up on day when you were allowed to wear jeans? Next thing you know you're in the office being questioned "Why are you dressed up? Did you have a job interview today? Are you looking for another job?"

Also- warnings are supposed to go verbal, written, final and then termination. Don't always expect that but do expect to have them to magically have warnings they gave you to have turned into a final. Without a doubt- management is faking documents.

Advice to Management

Shut down or fire all management and start over. The company is probably too messed up to recover.

7. Never enough

Former Employee - Debt Collector in Getzville, NY
    Former Employee - Debt Collector in Getzville, NY

I worked at NCO Financial full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

No pros to job. Does offer benefits and pto. Wish I had more pros to put but dont

Cons

Company micro manages and rules change daily. They have favorites and management don't back you.company has gone down hill since taking over by Egs. Turn over rate is ridiculous. They let you know you are easily replaced.they give positions and don't train properly don't give you tools to do job.supervisors and upper management don't care about employees. Don't give this company your time!!!! HR dept is a joke complaints are not handled right

Advice to Management

Stop treating employees like they can be replaced daily..cut back on micro managing. If employee does everything's you ask treat them right

No raises, worthless medical insurance, no vacations, no sick time

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at NCO Financial full-time

Pros

Nice fellow employees, thats it.

Cons

During the interview you are promised all sorts of good benefits, but make it through training and OH did they forget to tell you.....They have been on a wage freeze since they opened. More of a sweat shop than anything. If you have PTO time, expect to receive pay for it at the end of the year at 75% off what you should have been paid. No raises, worthless medical insurance, no vacations, no sick time

Advice to Management

Start over.

9. look over your shoulder

I worked at NCO Financial full-time

Pros

There is really nothing positive I can say about this company. It was a good time when I left because soon after, the company just fell apart.

Cons

You feel as if you always need to look over your shoulder. You can not feel comfortable in whatever position you are in, even an executive.

Advice to Management

I would stay clear.

10. The worse company I ever worked for.

Former Employee - Collection Agent in Mobile, AL
    Former Employee - Collection Agent in Mobile, AL

I worked at NCO Financial full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Their was some good people working their when I started working their in 2001,but the peoples in charge was bad I mean really bad.

Cons

The company offer PTO, but the manager tried to tell you when you can use, saying you can use your time on days you ask for off,and they wanted to put new employee at your desk to train,

Advice to Management

JUST BAD BAD BAD,THEY PUT PEOPLES IN CHARGE JUST BECAUSE THEY HAVE WORK THEY AND LET THEM USE THEM TO MISTREAT OTHER ALL I CAN SAY ABOUT THIS COMPANY IS BAD.

11. working in their call center.

I worked at NCO Financial

Pros

there are not pros to this company.

Cons

difficult supervisors and constantly changing the mood and requirements and no notice of change. they would change it right then and there. outdated equipment that was updated without any notice. supervisors constantly in meetings twice and three times a day. supervisors who do not look outside the box.

Advice to Management

look outside the box you bunch of nitwit supervisors and general mgr.