NCO Financial Reviews

130 reviews filtered by

1. Not so bad

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

I have been working at NCO Financial full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Bonus potential, no micromanaging of employees

Cons

Constant turnover rate and seemingly neverending layoffs

Advice to Management

There should be more incentives to achieve besides fear of no job security

2. The worse company I ever worked for.

Former Employee - Collection Agent in Mobile, AL
    Former Employee - Collection Agent in Mobile, AL

I worked at NCO Financial full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Their was some good people working their when I started working their in 2001,but the peoples in charge was bad I mean really bad.

Cons

The company offer PTO, but the manager tried to tell you when you can use, saying you can use your time on days you ask for off,and they wanted to put new employee at your desk to train,

Advice to Management

JUST BAD BAD BAD,THEY PUT PEOPLES IN CHARGE JUST BECAUSE THEY HAVE WORK THEY AND LET THEM USE THEM TO MISTREAT OTHER ALL I CAN SAY ABOUT THIS COMPANY IS BAD.

3. A little below fair

Current Employee - Collections Representative in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Collections Representative in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at NCO Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company offers medical benefits and paid time off after a few months of employment

Cons

Terrible pay, little room for advancement

Advice to Management

Need more pay please

5. Good experience at call center

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in North Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in North Charleston, SC

I worked at NCO Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the work environment, the staff there were really nice. The work hours were great for me, my supervisor was awesome.

Cons

The things that I had a problem with was that I couldn't transfer to the office closet to where I moved to, and the pay wasn't what it should have been for a call center.

Advice to Management

Increase the starting salary for their call center employees. Provide a shuttle bus for employees working late that do not drive, more employees won't mind staying late if they know they can get home.

6. working in their call center.

I worked at NCO Financial

Pros

there are not pros to this company.

Cons

difficult supervisors and constantly changing the mood and requirements and no notice of change. they would change it right then and there. outdated equipment that was updated without any notice. supervisors constantly in meetings twice and three times a day. supervisors who do not look outside the box.

Advice to Management

look outside the box you bunch of nitwit supervisors and general mgr.

7. Great experience, every step in my career is a learning experience

Current Employee - Floor Supervisor in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Floor Supervisor in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at NCO Financial full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is wonderful opportunity, working at home, Working at home help work on your time management,

Cons

working with NCO lacks the structure of raises.

Advice to Management

consistent raise structure.

8. EGS taking NCO to the GRAVE

Current Employee - Collection Representative in North Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Collection Representative in North Charleston, SC

I have been working at NCO Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ok supervisors and coworkers...other than that nothing.

Cons

I've watched this company go down hill ever since EGS took over. The constant changes, high turn over rate, and micro-managing is more that anyone can bare. It's absolutely ridiculous!!! It's bad enough you have to deal with constant disrespect from the debtors, you have even more stress to add to your daily work schedule...getting written up for NOT hitting your goal, NOT getting a high score on your monitoring, NOT hitting your dialer time, NOT being within wrap up time goal, getting a complaint and so on. Everyday you walk in, you are being threaten with your job, not to mention walking on egg shells because you never know when you are going to get fired. Tedious work schedule....sitting at a desk 8 hours a day leaving messages, listening to hangs up, debtors yelling and screaming in your ear, or worse listening to them rant on about their personal lives and their "excuses" why they do not owe the bill or can not pay....if I wanted to be a psychiatrist, I would have went to school for it. Within the TWO years I have been employed there, they have taken our incentives away and a couple of good clients has left with no replacement, no raises, yet they keep hiring new employees who end up leaving within two months....no bonus increase....nothing positive...everything is always negative, however, management expects us to come in with all smiles and positivity. YAY!! Umm, No.

Advice to Management

EGS has taken over and does not care about their employees, the ones who ACTUALLY make the money for the company and get little or no reward behind it. Shame on you! You need to take pride in your employees and SHOW you care. Bring the incentives back, increase the bonus payout, how about reinvesting in your current employees and give raises instead of wasting money and time hiring new employees who are only going to quit within two months. What about the long term employees????

9. If you like being micro-managed, this is the place for you!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dublin, OH

I have been working at NCO Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There really aren't any pro's besides that if you're a good worker, you aren't micro-managed as much. As long as you show up on time and don't call off often and put forth a little effort, there is job security.

Cons

Rampant favoritism, discrimination and harassment is swept under the rug, staff is treated like children, short lunch, management rewards good workers with extra work for no additional pay, no where to move up within the company, management makes it clear that you're expendable

Advice to Management

Allow employees the option of an hour lunch or allow employees to finish meals at their desk. It's not fair to expect employees to choke down their lunch in less than 30 minutes. Start doing yearly evaluations and give raises accordingly.

10. Okay

I have been working at NCO Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I negotiated for a higher pay since I've worked in the industry. They will try to low ball you even if you have experience.

I love my coworkers and my team leads.

They give you lots of training.

They told me schedule before I was hired and haven't made me switch hours or forced to work later than required.

They offer a lot of over time.

They offer bonuses if you obtain at least 90% of your goal and get above 75% on your call monitoring.

They offer a sign on bonus if you can prove you have a good collection track record. Also, during your nesting period (training while on the phones) you can qualify for bonus money.

Cons

The accounts are hard to get in contact. On a good day I might speak to ten people. A lot of the times they just hang up when they figure it's NCO calling. The supervisor expects you to work miracles and thinks we're slacking off. I'm always on the phone, but don't get my numbers. The team leads know what I'm talking about but the supervisor doesn't seem to have a clue. It's ironic because my supervisor has been there for years.

The training is not specific to your job - you get a general overview. Some of the things they teach you are totally opposite when you get assigned to a department.

The supervisors will try to buffalo you into thinking you're wrong. As I have already worked in call centers before I am fully aware of these games. Examples: My supervisor claims you can only take 5 business days of your vacation time per month. However, it says nothing of that in the local attendance policy nor NCO handbook. My supervisor claims we should be collecting more money and that we're not doing a good job. However, the supervisor doesn't take into account what the team leads know nor do they give us some of the collection tools that will help us in their job. In addition our whole team is behind. That information should speak for itself, but they claim we're slacking off or not doing a proper job. *Shake my head*.

In my department, it's hard to get a bonus.

Their good insurance plan is expensive. There are about 300 to 500 people in my local office. The good insurance plan costs $120 every two weeks, yes over $240 a month for ONE person! I came from a smaller collection agency and their similar insurance was $38 every two weeks ($76 a month) for NCO's expensive plan. That is for medical and prescription. They have a lower one - but it's just the bare minimum. Luckily I have personal insurance and it's cheaper than what they charge! Obviously, they are making the employees pay the full value of the insurance. They are the leading collection company but cannot give employees a break!

Advice to Management

See "cons" above

11. good company got a lot experience and learned leadership

Former Employee - Debt Collector in Mendota Heights, MN
    Former Employee - Debt Collector in Mendota Heights, MN

I worked at NCO Financial full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

just keep in mind the job works so so do you

Cons

clients was hard to keep

Advice to Management

when coming there know as a manager you have to work hard