NCO Financial

Be The First To
Add Photos

NCO Financial CEO, Expert Global Solutions Ron Rittenmeyer

Ron Rittenmeyer

Pros
  • Working from home is a definite plus (in 4 reviews)

• I love the work environment, the staff there were really nice (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Not much room for advancement, even when promised (in 5 reviews)

• When I was there last there were several issues with the upper management not working with employees on things like schedule (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Very satisfying, enjoyable workplace, and a nice environment.

Intermediate Supervisor (PAL) (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsThe workkplace is very fun, and the people are great. Very good management are very good at assisting employees when needed. Very good hours either 8 - 4:30 shift or 9:30 - 6. Monday through Friday.

ConsThe only downsides that I would say would be the pay. It is not the highest paying position, and also from what I understand it does take a long while for raises and evenw hen received raises are not very high, but still very workable.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo be honest the management is excellent I have no complaints about the management. The immediate supervisors are great, and the project manager is very freidnly and very professional.

Wake up Call

Collections Representative (Current Employee) Richardson, TX

ProsThe hourly pay and the people you meet while working

ConsYou only get somewhere if you know someone. Be prepared to be another money making machine for management when you walk through the door. As long as you're collecting money, you're on good terms with management. When numbers go down, so does your reputation. One month you're collector of the month, the next you're stressed out about if you're ever going to hit budget again. The budget system is rigged. You will find yourself with a higher budget than experienced 6 or 7year collectors, while you're a newbie. Be expected to be talked down on by managers, supervisors and team-leads behind your back, but smiled at when they see you. It's like playing a psychological game in that place. It's not professional and be expected to be treated like a face in the crowd.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart acting like you care, change the bonus structure and start caring about employees even if they aren't bringing in their monthly budget.

Unstructured and Unprofessional

MobileMe Advisor (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsCan not think of anything really positive with the company. It exposes you to call center experience and Apple products.

ConsUnstructured. Promotions not based on merit but friendship with management. HR doesn't address complaints. No room for advancement. No confidentially.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement need to take notice of the complaints by the advisors. There is no stability with the company. Everyone is out for the next person. Its a shame that an advisor can not like another advisor and make up lies to end employment. Wouldn't recommend anyone to work for this company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's just a pit stop job

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsYou can make ok money while in school, and you can make good money in holiday season. You can gain experience.

ConsThere are a lot. Management really has no clue what they are doing, the place is unsanitary, and they will work the life out of you!

Advice to Senior ManagementBe careful who you trust and who bump heads with. There are is a lot of favoritism and unfairness when it comes to working here .

Great way to build customer service/call center experience

Customer Service Representative (Tracking Agent) (Former Employee) Greensboro, NC

ProsPay was ok for the area
    Flexible hours and schedules
    Some room for growth and advancement
    Fun work environment, great way to meet new people

ConsSome unprofessional supervisors and leaders ( not all but some)
    .10 raise after a year
    Deal with unruly customers more times than not

Advice to Senior ManagementA raise of at least $1 will be more sufficient after a year of dedicated service, choose leaders based on there knowledge and experience.

It's average, somewhat of a good company to get experience

Patient Access Service Representative (Current Employee) Richardson, TX

ProsCasual dress code Monday through Friday

ConsNot much room for advancement, even when promised

NCO is very disorganized and reactive.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lenexa, KS

ProsWorking from home is a definite plus. Most work at home postings are illegitimate, but NCO is very real regarding the work at home opportunity. You save on fuel, avoid dealing with rush hour traffic going in and coming home and it's less wear and tare on your car overall. If you don't feeling like shaving, etc, you can log in from your home office. If you have a lap top, you could even log in from the comfort of your bed!

ConsThe pay is considerably low compared to employers in similar industries. Seeing that it's a third party establishment, the job stability isn't very solid, and the rules change daily. Health care benefits are very expensive, and the paid time off is at a minimal (2 weeks for the 1st 7 years of employment!). Management constantly seems to be reactive instead of proactive. The business overall seams to be running as though the blind are leading the blind! The supervisors rotate teams too often, making it impossible to know your supervisor, or your team mates for that matter. The new system seems to crash more than the old one. Very frustrating as either supervisors have to spend time calculating time missed, or employees have to make up for missed time due to no fault of their on, but the fault of the company system. It's sad they don't have local technical support. IT is usually thousands of miles away and can't get back with the supervisors or the representatives for usually 24 hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement could really stand to meet more often; that way they have a better chance of being on the same page, instead of confusing the employees with different answers. It would help to recognize your hard working employees and be visible once in awhile. If a specified line of duties were issued, supervisors would be able to spend more time with there teams and not be so busy all the time. I hate that monthly in house meetings were taken away. We no longer know our fellow team members by face, just name only.

Great place to work if you have a flexible schedule

Back End Collections Agent (Former Employee) Saint Joseph, MO

ProsManagement was very involved, and we were always aware of changes coming to the company. There was plenty of PTO offered when needed. It was a very close knit group and friendly.

ConsThey would have mandatory shift bids and decide randomly who worked what shift. You received no warning for this, and I ended up having to quit because they wanted me to work a shift I am not able to due to school and my son. Also, if you have a complaint, there is no way it will remain confidential between yourself and management. Almost every member of upper management is related in some way.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would suggest making decisions on shifts prior to hiring an employee and stick with that shift. You should not randomly change shifts at will. Also, hiring within family is never a good business practice.

Want Superman performance for Mighty Mouse Pay

PAYMENT PROCESSING (Current Employee) Horsham, PA

ProsCant really think of anything other than a steady income and benefits. Oh and they have a parking lot, too, lol.

ConsYa got a minute??? Its not so much the pay is not great, its more like the pay doesnt match the amount of work they expect out of you. We are a short staffed department and now take on the job of three to four people. They dont offer overtime, but we work overtime, go figure....AKA, they dont pay us for overtime, we have to "wash" it, meaning they have us work less hours the following week after working OT the prior week in order to keep hours under 80 per ck. The management knows less about the job than the employees. Training on new procedures is quick and incomplete, but management gets mad when you dont get the procedure right away. So unless you're on your very last dime and no other job has called for a while, then save yourself!

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being so cheap when it comes to the necessities like highlighters, scanners, more employees, you know the essentials, lol. If you want the optimal performance out of your company,then hire enough people and offer incentives that would motivate them to perform the job at their best. If people know that all you care about is the bottom line and not the interest of the employees, which by the way you need more than we need you, those employees will never respect the job as they should and not care

If you just need some money lflowing in...work here but make sure you have reliable transportation. I recommend a car.

Account Collections Representative (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsIf you need money. A decent first job.
    Decent training
    Friendly employees

ConsLocation is horrible...public transportation to site is not the best.
    Medical benefits way to expensive for self or family.
    Pay is below average

Worked for NCO Financial? Contribute to the Community!