NCO Financial Systems

Updated October 14, 2014
Updated October 14, 2014
2.2

CEO

Not bad for a collections business.

I worked at NCO Financial Systems

Pros

They have decent benefits and a lot of good people who want to see you succeed.

Cons

Not much room for advancement.

Training and QA were entirely too stressful for employees. I know the industry is highly regulated but don't be so scared to get sued...it's part of the business.

Bad Pay, Job itself is not good

I worked at NCO Financial Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some of the managers are very helpful. Personally, I was able to be given quite a flexible schedule. When I had to go from full-time to part-time it wasn't a problem. I even got to pick the days I needed to work.

Cons

Pay, pay, pay. It's a little above minimum wage. You can't live off this if you live alone. For what you to deal with at times: screaming customers, knowing an absurd amount of policies (and being trained on new policies almost every week), and the depressing nature of a call center, the pay really should be much higher. It should be at least 14-15$ an hour.

We changed managers 3 times in a year duration. I understand why this has to happen but it just shows how disorderly things really are. The managers on the floor were quite helpful. But the people at the top aren't very organized, nor do you get a sense they care for anyone.

not a bad place to start but nowhere to go

Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Richards, TX
    Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Richards, TX

I have been working at NCO Financial Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

staff is friendly and easy to work with. they are helpful and flexible when you need time off, etc.

Cons

mandatory overtime working half day Saturday. small groups with favoritism.

be more open to employee recommendations

Was a good company at one point

I have been working at NCO Financial Systems

Pros

I've worked at nco for over 15 years. I have moved up through the company and have enjoyed learning.

Cons

No more growth. Company has not given raises in over 5 years. Several tenured colleagues have moved to other companies to advance their careers.

Address your workforces concerns. Stop turning a blind eye. Raises and fair compensations are critical pieces to making a strong productive work force.

Unorganized

I worked at NCO Financial Systems

Pros

every other weekend off, great paid, benefits, advancements

Cons

hard to meet quota, point system, easy to get wrote up

none

"The classroom training excellent. The floor training gets a fail.

Former Employee - Collector in Dublin, OH
    Former Employee - Collector in Dublin, OH

I worked at NCO Financial Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pay rate was what I wanted. I heard about all the possible commission from management and some employees. It was casual business attire. The building was in a nice neighborhood but lacking within. The hours were great.

Cons

People were not friendly. Management could care less if you were there. The decor was depressing. The bathrooms disgusting. 80 percent of the population was morbidly obese.They needed health plan. The time clock? you had 2 mins before or 2 mins after or it was half an occurrence. Very, very sad and depressing place to work.

Stop treating people like cattle. Stop socializing long enough to help your team when asked a question. Your clock in method is absolutely ridicules. Your management acts like they are on a power trip because they are too green to know they are just a cow too. Your best management are the trainers and they are in another country. hum?

Absolutely awful.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Charleston, WV
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Charleston, WV

I worked at NCO Financial Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent co-workers - Everyone on the floor is genuinely nice and extremely helpful.

Cons

There is no real management here. No one knows what they're doing, "supervisor" positions were given to people who cannot accurately handle calls in an effort to prevent justified complaints on the floor. Representatives often received better assistance from others on the floor who paid attention in training.

There is absolutely NO opportunity for advancement.

Favoritism shown by management is very obvious.

Take the training advice from senior representatives - they know the issues faced by newer members on the floor. Also, incentives for bonuses or advancement opportunities would go a long way in keeping employees for more than 3 months.

Unorganized

Former Employee - Collector in Valley View, OH
    Former Employee - Collector in Valley View, OH

I worked at NCO Financial Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

good pay and extensive training

Cons

have to wotk at least two saturdays out of the month, and long hours in a monotonous job can drive you crazy. also bonuses are hardly achieved and when they are they're on a very tiny scale

Very political

Former Employee - Collector in Getzville, NY
    Former Employee - Collector in Getzville, NY

I worked at NCO Financial Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There WAS money to be made. However, the huge amount of politics at this company is very high. Forget brown nosing, unless you know someone or are some young girl who can eagerly put out.

Cons

Money earning potential was good until the company put it's nose up to employee retention and decided that employee moral was non existent and not important at all. They always treat you like just another warm body that can be replaced.

Stop treating your good people like you don't care about them and it doesn't matter what they do for your company. Instead you treat the people that are bad for your business, GOOD and you put them up on some sort of pedestal. What ever happened to loyal employers? The history books are a good lesson to these.

Horrible place to work

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jackson, MI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jackson, MI

I worked at NCO Financial Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I met some good friends here. During downtime there is plenty of time to socialize.

Cons

Management doesn't care about employee morale. They force more and more work on the employees which adds stress. It used to be nice to talk to your friends during downtime but then they increased the workload to the point you have no downtime.

Improve employee morale. Stop making employees do two jobs when they are only trained for one.