NCO

NCO Reviews

Updated Jun 9, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Pros
  • Opened minded and I worked with some great people(in 3 reviews)

• Meet new people, large space, various departments(in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management will not listen to idea's or change policy(in 5 reviews)

• Call center atmosphere so you would have to deal with all walks of life(in 3 reviews)

Just another collection agency

Collections (Current Employee) Buffalo, NY

ProsGrowth is stagnant for vertical success. Hard to break the clique that is there. Bonus structure is amazing if you are successful in the ARM division, myself specifically Department of Education.

ConsHigh turnover, no loyalty. Call center atmosphere so you would have to deal with all walks of life. Good to start for experience if no degree. Not something I would want to do with my degree though.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your valued employees.

I loved working for the company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proswages were great for the position

Consthe shifts in which they ask you to work is hard to fit when you have younger children.

I worked there as a supervisor for 3 years

Team Leader (Former Employee) Eagan, MN

ProsI do not have any pro's to list for this job

Cons-Gauged on performance on a set of tasks that you do not have enough time in a week to complete
    -Strict policies on how you can reward and demerit both good and bad employee's
    -Expectation that as salary you are working 50+ hours per week with all tasks that are assigned to you (many of which are outside of your job description)
    -Upper management passes off it's work onto supervisors
    -Asking for help from colleagues or upper management is seen as weakness
    -Upper management will not listen to idea's or change policy
    -Recent takeover by APAC has caused many rules to change and this has put formerly employed staff members at risk of losing their position or being demoted (something as simple as facial piercing used to be accepted and now are not)
    -exceptions will not be made for any reason (unless your buddy buddy with those at the top)
    -almost impossible to get promoted unless some one else in a position is fired or quits

Advice to Senior Management-Treat employee's equally and fairly based on their performance and consistently
    -if there is work to be assigned outside of the normal requirements in a week, spread it out between all staff members and do not overburden your best employee's to the point of burn out-
    -Whenever there is a change of policy, contract, client, etc, make sure all management and staff members are sat down with individually
    -Do annual/monthly reviews especially with staff members like supervisors, they were hired for a reason

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I wouldn't recommend to my worst enemy.

Production Supervisor (Former Employee) Rockford, IL

ProsI was able to find another job after several years at this organization.

ConsThe company does not value it's employees and cares strictly for the bottom dollar. Their leadership style is to induce fear into the workforce to generate faster, higher quality service but this approach continues to not generate results.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry different approaches besides discipline and fear when looking for ways to motivate the workforce.

Learned great customer service and Sales skills

Insurance Agent (Former Employee) Yuma, AZ

ProsOffered great opportunities to further my career.

ConsCompany shut down in my state.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot much advice.

Awful, Bad management, very unprofessional.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLots of hours. Other than that not much.

ConsTo many to say, management is awful.

Nco does not care about it's employees. They continue to send work out of the country and should not be given tax breaks

Client Services Representative (Former Employee) Norcross, GA

Prosworked with some great clients, gained a lot of varied experience.

ConsSome of the management played the friends and family game and left no room for others to advance. Hard work and dedication means nothing to this company. Employees are not valued

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat and pay people right and stop sending work out of the country

Management over quality and compliance of collections of firms and internal collectors.

ProsThere were opportunities for pros which unfortunately never development due to business restructuring or changes in leadership.

ConsOutsourcing was a con for this corporation as with many others.

Overworked underpaid

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Joplin, MO

ProsThere were none to be had

ConsMost of their employees who were there

Advice to Senior ManagementYou get what you pay for

Learning a lot but quickly running it's course

Recruiter (Current Employee)

ProsYou learn a lot because things change a lot.

ConsNo training provided for staff level positions

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate better and provide real training for all levels

Worked for NCO? Contribute to the Community!