NCO Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.6
CEO

Pros
  • Company has good pay and benefits, and does a great job of promoting from within, even without a formal education (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management will not listen to idea's or change policy (in 5 reviews)

• Call center atmosphere so you would have to deal with all walks of life (in 4 reviews)

1. Okay until you find something better

Former Employee - Email/Chat Advisor in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Email/Chat Advisor in Charlotte, NC

I worked at NCO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

often VTO offered, relaxed scheduling, listen to music while working.

Cons

micro managed by some, more seasoned staff have chips on their shoulders which can make for weird environment.

Advice to Management

mend relationships with senior employees.

2. Hard Work Not Commensurate with Meager Salary

I worked at NCO full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

One of the finest crews I've ever had a pleasure to work, despite a couple 'bad apples'. Decent health insurance and 401K, in the beginning anyway. Free lunches and occasional outings.

Cons

No room for advancement. Only two meager raises during my whole tenure! (Kinda drains the mind and crushes ones spirit after a while, ya know?) 'Metric' model very linear as far as measuring productivity on tasks, since all workloads are not created equal. Constantly got shot down in reviews for 'not meeting [their] expectations'. Near the end of tenure, vacant supervisor positions remained unfilled. Two managers as well as a few employees from our division left for higher paying jobs. Too much work then would be split out between other team members, all of whom already were struggling to keep up with unrealistic expectations. With that, morale sinks more and more. Benefits and 401K were way better with previous company, which was acquired by NCO years into my tenure.

Advice to Management

Give more encouragement and give yearly raises, even if we are unable to meet the unrealistic numbers for our 'metric' performance. Need a new productivity scoring model, but I liked it a lot better when there was less micro-managing. Other employees shouldn't have to be burdened with a heavy load of work because that person is no longer working. Direct supervisors as well were overwhelmed with too much overflow passed down from their area managers. That feeds itself down the chain, to us at the low end of the corporate totem pole. Pay people what they are truly worth, and stop treating them like a number! We all have families and lives too, and all our hard work was in no means commensurate with the meager salary. I mean really? Two raises in nine years?!? I would've done much better being let go after 4 or 5 years and made much more progress in a more rewarding position elsewhere! That's my fault of course for sticking out my loyalty for all this time, doing the very best to my ability, and get practically nothing in return. Our department is slowly fracturing at the seams, and being let go will turn into a positive down the road, as I continue to pursue a career change. I will always have fondness for most of my crew, but disappointed that it didn't turn into something more fruitful and rewarding.

3. Bad management

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Horsham, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Horsham, PA

I worked at NCO (More than a year)

Pros

Good salary but expectations are unreasonable

Cons

Bad management no room for growth

5. It was okay

I worked at NCO full-time

Pros

I loved the hours and I could work overtime!

Cons

Terrible pay amount.. Not enough

6. Horrible Unorganized Company

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

Pros

You can get s discount for the companies they have in contract. That is about all I can say that's good.

Cons

the company is unorganized, there are supervisors asking agent for help because they aren't qualified for the position and there is no structure. There is also no regards for hours you work.

Advice to Management

play close attention to those you promote and have within your company it is a reflection of your company and what it stands for. Also be mindful people have lives and can't answer phone calls at all hours of the night.

7. Horrible debtors but wonderful pay

I worked at NCO part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great base, opportunity to earn monthly bonus, Christmas parties, good environment, lots of support from staff

Cons

Obliged to do overtime, daily/hourly conflict with debtors, unreliable computer system, monotonous job, boring

8. Too much work for so little pay/ A headache

Former Employee - Call Center Agent in North Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Call Center Agent in North Charleston, SC

I worked at NCO full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A paycheck. Easy interview. Occasional office party.

Cons

No raises. Tricked into doing jobs that require a higher pay. For instance, we had to accept calls from accounts that other people were paid more for working. They said since we weren't trained, we couldn't be paid more. This place has a high turnover rate.

Advice to Management

Get off of your behind and actually help the people you are managing. Don't be so quick to admonish and slow to praise.

9. Go to work, get your money, go home, do it again.

Former Employee - Verifier
    Former Employee - Verifier

I worked at NCO part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Decent pay if you're a college student - Casual (only a pro if you actually like casual work places) - Most people are nice

Cons

The floor and verification had different standards so when I had to go 'retrain' folks who had multiple bounced sales it went in one ear and out the other because their actual supervisor(s) pretty much pardoned them from having to adhere to selling in a way that wouldn't result in a bounce next time.

Advice to Management

The telemarketing position didn't require folks to have prior sales experience, but required them to sell as if they did. It may be a bit more expensive, but consider bringing in someone to teach reps how to sell because the people promoted from within, at least where I was, didn't know how to sell. Getting someone who really knows what they're doing is much better than folks lying to customers then having a ton of sales bounced on the back end. (BTW, reps weren't taught to lie in classes, but when shadowing "top sellers" it became obvious that many of them lied to get sales.)

10. Excellent and friendly environment, polite and professional.

Former Employee - Telecommunication Representative in Joplin, MO
    Former Employee - Telecommunication Representative in Joplin, MO

I worked at NCO full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast paced, good training, career oriented.

Cons

Pay was set should be based on sales.

Advice to Management

Keep up good work!

11. its ok

I have been working at NCO full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

a lot of benefits at first

Cons

salary not enough for taking calls covering tech sales csr for one agent

Advice to Management

most sup/manager are not professional

RSS Feed </> Embed