NCR

Updated Mar 2, 2014

NCR Chairman, President & CEO Bill Nuti

Bill Nuti

7 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

A bit too corporate but a good work environment

Software Engineer II (Current Employee)
Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at NCR full-time for less than a year

ProsIt's been around for over 130 years and is not going to go away. Corporate can be good and bad. Good because there is great job security (unless you do something crazy) and you can expect to be there as long as you want. Pay is good and PTO is very good.

ConsDon't expect to get noticed. You would have to do something extraordinary (most likely on your own time) to even get on the radar. If you don't like corporate life, you probably won't like all the extra stuff you have to do (endless notes and details on disparate systems) just to do your job.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen up to new ideas and invest in refactoring of under performing and badly written software solutions instead of just getting enhancements and bug fixes. Most of these can be eradicated by having a well written code base.

Find your path

Global Account Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at NCR full-time for more than 3 years

Prosgreat education in the business world... very numbers focused company helps everyone understand what is important and what isn't.... so many ways to put your stamp on the company and start your career..

ConsWork week is Monday-Sunday. No consistency in promotions. Failure to retain the best. Downside/RIF the future of the company (especially in banking).

Advice to Senior ManagementPay for mobile phones, Internet, and other benefits which are table stakes at other places. If you want to be a software company, be a software company. Jettison the garbage hardware which is driving top-line numbers, along with the people pushing it. You need to do more than lip-service to become a trusted, admired, white-collar company in the eyes of customers. Right now? You're not.

Continuous Disappointment

Sales (Former Employee)
Alpharetta, GA

I worked at NCR full-time for more than a year

ProsThe compensation structure for sales is average to good. Good benefits.

ConsPoor work life balance, expected to easily work 60 hours weekly.Revolving door, poor HR relations, management not concerned with difficulties that employees are experiencing. When you are doing well, you get recognition, but when you have problems you are all alone.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees concerns with validity, demand HR to have better practices.

Unorganized

I have been working at NCR full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCasual environment. Can wear jeans often.

ConsVery unorganized. Expects you to just know things without training. Poor management.

Advice to Senior ManagementStick up for your employees

Company is trying to reinvent itself and achieve results but at the expense of employee morale

Finance Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at NCR full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPrestige working for a 129 year old company. The ability to move around within the company. The courses offered in the NCR University system.

ConsPoor work life balance when you join a new acquisition. Heavy micro managers in some departments. Buried with work that you lose the sense of accomplishment. Company is slow to hire additional help when teams are swamped. Employee benefits are out matched by other companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementDefinitely scrutinize and weed out bad processes when you acquire a new company. It seems that profitability is important to the bottom line but bad processes hurt employee morale.

High performance culutre, opportunities abound

Sales Operations (Current Employee)

I have been working at NCR full-time for more than 3 years

ProsOpportunity to grow, intelligent people and programs, rich history, well designed products

ConsEntry level workers are largely unmotivated and underpaid. Very aggressive revenue goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in training for your staff.

**Success Depends on Manager

Account Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at NCR

Pros- Great company to learn
- If you have a good manager, you can be very successful
- Great Self Service Vision

Cons- Lack of youth \ Majority of employees have been with company for decades
- Quota setting is very much an art and not a science or a combination of both

Advice to Senior ManagementBring back CPC!
Incentives like CPC offer great motivation for sales people.
Quota setting should be based on more factors than previous year's performance

Worked for NCR? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NCR reviews and ratings in Alpharetta, GA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NCR CEO Bill Nuti. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by NCR employees.