NCR

NCR Reviews

Updated Apr 16, 2014

NCR Chairman, President & CEO Bill Nuti

Bill Nuti

Pros:
  • "Management team speaks frequently on maintaining work-life balance"
    in 30 reviews
  • "collaborative environment, good benefits, positive culture, competitive compensation"
    in 29 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work-life balance is a challenge for most employees since this is truely a global company"
    in 30 reviews
  • "Many employees have since left after being treated so poorly by upper management from Atlanta"
    in 29 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good company

IT Project Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at NCR full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGlobal and diverse environment. Good Benefits. Innovative, lots of learning opportunities.

ConsChanging values, no loyalty to employees

Terrific place to work!

Marketing (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at NCR full-time for more than a year

ProsNCR is a 130 year old company which is reinventing itself as the leader in global transaction technologies. This is a great place to be if you are eager to have an impact at any level, and enjoys strong and passionate executive leadership.

ConsNot a good place to be if you do not like to be stretched and do not collaborate well with others.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep pushing the culture change and don't let anyone be complacent!

Best thing to happen to me career wise.

Account Manager (Current Employee)
Charlotte, NC

I have been working at NCR full-time for more than 10 years

ProsI've worked for NCR for 14 years and hope I will have the priledge to work for them another 14 years or more! Excellent company that rewards it's employees well for the work performed and promotes accordingly. Excellent work opportunities with growth for women. It's good to work for a company with such a strong historical background and work ethic like that of NCR. I am proud to be a member of their team.

Conswould like to see less outsourcing and more jobs kept in country

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

NCR is an excellent place to work

Operations Manager (Current Employee)
New York, NY

ProsOutstanding leadership
Ability to make a difference
Great place to learn and grow

ConsObjectives are tough but they are fair.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the journey to reinventing NCR's iconic brand

I have been with 6 companies over my 30 year career - NCR is well run, growing and very good at staying on the strategy

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
Duluth, GA

I have been working at NCR full-time for more than 5 years

Prosthe mission of the company from the CEO on down is very consistent year over year and is working to transform the company from item based to solutions based - something that the leadership says and they consistenly support in their actions

ConsSometimes, In my opinion, NCR has a tendancy to move faster than the technology. Internally, we could use an improvement to the infrastructure to support the solutions to our customers - especially in the non customer facing areas

Advice to Senior ManagementFor the rank and file employee, a greater investment in IT infrastructure would be welcome - not to say it is bad now but there can never be enough investment in tools that support our desire to achieve high customer satisfaction.

Great company to develop a career and be part of an exciting transformation

I have been working at NCR full-time for more than 10 years

ProsHaving spent over 15 years at NCR I am continually challenged by new projects and roles. The company has reinvented itself over the last 7-8 years and being part of that journey has been exciting. The ability to work with people from different cultures and backgrounds provides a diverse work environment that allows for new and creative ideas.

ConsNCR is a great company that lacks brand awareness but the company is focussed on improving this

Cutting to Make Growth Projections

Vice President (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at NCR full-time for more than 3 years

ProsStandard Benefits expected from any Fortune 500 company. Brand recognition gets you in the door due to solid fit for purpose solutions.

ConsWork/Life balance is nonexistent. Expectation is to be available 24/7/365; leaders state they cannot take vacations openly due to the amount of work and mind-numbing processes.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf truly a pay for performance culture then the CEO should not take an $11M Stock grant from the BoD when 50% of the lines of businesses did not get their annual bonuses. It all starts at the top.

NCR's commitment to evolving present many opportunities for growth.

Solution Marketing Manager (Current Employee)
Duluth, GA

I have been working at NCR full-time for more than 3 years

ProsOver the course of my four years at NCR, commitment to evolution and redefining "what's next" has been constant. I company that started in 1884, only stays relevant by infusing this commitment to all arteries of the organization. That makes working for NCR rewarding; we have a hand in shaping what's next in our Financial, Retail, Hospitality, Travel, and Telecommunications and Technology Lines of Business. This ability to shape customer interactions in the future, give us a sense of accomplishment and pride knowing we can help make everyone's life a little bit easier in the future.

With the constant evolution, their are also chances to grow and change with the organization. I was recruited into NCR for my background in IT consulting but within two years as additional opportunities came up that (a) I was interested in, (b) had the acumen to succeed (c) and their was a fit inside the organization, I was able to take on new roles and challenges. This is also the case with many of my colleagues that wanted to take on new challenges without stepping outside of this excellence orientated organization to grow.

Lastly, working at NCR has also afforded me the opportunity to log my volunteer hours and impact the local community with their commitment to Giving back to the community in various forms. NCR has allowed me to use my varied skills and desire to make a difference a rewarding experience.

ConsNCR is a transforming itself from a hardware provider to a software driven, hardware enabled organization. The change is sometimes uncomfortable and some times not a linear path. Working through ambiguity and frustration is par for the course for stretches but breaking through those various stages of growing pains has been very rewarding. Having the fortuitousness and resolve is the challenging part.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinuing to have transparency internally to the organization about some of the evolutions and potential growing pains is important to the employees. Sharing not just the architecture for the future but also some of the milestones is critical to showing understanding to the employees but ensuring everyone stays on the same page.

Great Place to Work and Full of Challenges in the Field

Customer Engineer II (Current Employee)
Denver, CO

I have been working at NCR full-time for more than 5 years

ProsAmazing team to work. Shifting schedule is fair in which everybody can take a couple weekend off. Higher management will fully support and understand you of your personal request especially for those requesting relocation of work. They will support you all the way.

ConsBusy workload in the field but with the teamwork within the Territory you can handle the pressure.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo continue constant communication with the employees as being done in the past and at present.

Good company that thinks big and wants to be a one-stop shop for it's customers.

Dallas, TX

I have been working at NCR full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood benefits, strong team-oriented environment, and willingness to change with the market. Smart leadership with a sincere interest in supporting employees. Management team speaks frequently on maintaining work-life balance. Strong values - heavy emphasis on code of conduct training.

ConsSuffers from some of the typical big company processes and procedures.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to communicate and promote the long-term strategic vision for the company and it's future with employees and staff.

Worked for NCR? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NCR reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NCR CEO Bill Nuti. All 744 reviews posted anonymously by NCR employees.