NCR

NCR Reviews

Updated Apr 16, 2014

NCR Chairman, President & CEO Bill Nuti

Bill Nuti

Pros:
  • "Management team speaks frequently on maintaining work-life balance"
    in 30 reviews
  • "collaborative environment, good benefits, positive culture, competitive compensation"
    in 29 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work-life balance is a challenge for most employees since this is truely a global company"
    in 30 reviews
  • "Many employees have since left after being treated so poorly by upper management from Atlanta"
    in 29 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

CEO Focused on the Stock Price

Duluth, GA

I have been working at NCR full-time for more than 8 years

ProsCompetitive pay if you are not on a bonus plan
Competitive medical benefits

ConsManagement is 100% focused on cost, regardless of the consequences to customer sat or employee sat. Any mention of customer or employee sat is lip service, especially from the head of HR, who absolutely does not care. The company has tremendous labor overhead due to deplorable IT systems, which are deplorable due to the constant cost pressure. The functional groups only care about internal metrics, which are completely focused on cost. The bonus metric connected to customer sat is consistently unreachable, and no one is actually accountable nor empowered to satisfy those customers. The last 5 years has been a continuous assault on anything cost related that might improve the lives of employees. The CEO has chosen to change the 401k to a lump sum payout on Dec 31, despite the fact that 92 of the top 100 companies in the US absolutely do NOT do this. The CEO is going to leave nothing but a smoking ruin behind when he leaves.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the cost cutting and start focusing on the employee base. There is a lot of power to be harnessed there. You need new leadership in HR as well as in IT.

It was a great experience

Software Development Manager (Current Employee)
Fort Worth, TX

ProsGood work environment
Great team work
A lot of fun things to do

Consa lot of work
high stress
Late hours and chaotic code

Overall I've enjoyed working at NCR

Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at NCR full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe company has excellent benefits and management is always accessible. It is also good to be able to work remote when needed is also a plus

ConsBig company and sometimes people become a number opposed to getting personalized communication or treatment.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromotions should be based on performance and not who you know

Terrible treatment of employees

Customer Engineer II (Current Employee)
Charlotte, NC

I have been working at NCR full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWorking from your home and being able to make a difference in the lives of the bank customers we service.

ConsThe company seems to expect you to be ready tow work 24//365. You can start work and be told that they want you off that day and to make up for it you will work one day of the weekend. This blows your plans for the weekend. and really doesn't give you that day off because you've already started working.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave some compassion and respect for those you "manage",

Zero Employee Appreciation

Help Desk Agent (Current Employee)
Columbus, GA

I have been working at NCR as a contractor for less than a year

ProsIt's decent pay with fairly flexible hours.

ConsThe management is terrible. At my location, there's zero praise or appreciation for employees. Also, since management is located in a different city, they pretty much forget about you until your absent. Multiple technical issues that made it incredibly hard for me to do my job that also were not resolved for weeks at a time. There were multiple instances that my credentials were not renewed by management and made me either late to work/or unable to perform my job.They have a high turnover rate for a reason.

Advice to Senior ManagementPretend to care about your employees. Listen to suggestions and give personal praise periodically so that our interaction isn't wholly negative.

NCR - one of the best places to work in ATL

National Account Manager (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at NCR full-time for more than 3 years

Proscollaborative environment, good benefits, positive culture, competitive compensation

Consneeds to update work space strategy to accommodate for virtual workers, out of towners, etc

Advice to Senior Managementneed more open, shared work spaces in all locations

Good place to work

Intern IT (Former Employee)
Duluth, GA

I worked at NCR as an intern for less than a year

ProsSteady employment, constant innovation, great working remote policy and great ability to cross train to expand knowledge base. Great feedback from direct manager on weekly basis so you can improve yourself

ConsSlow approvals, 8-5 employees in a lot of departments, slow promotions, low training investment, LOTS OF MEETINGS which sometimes are less productive than they should be.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more training options that are engaging and not just a webex conference call.

Enjoyed working @ NCR

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at NCR full-time for more than 10 years

ProsBusiness Unit Management, opportunities, virtual workplace (prior to HQ move to Georgia)

ConsDownsized due to HQ move to Atlanta, GA

No banker hours here....

Customer Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at NCR full-time for more than 8 years

ProsDecent pay, paid training, lots of over time, company paid isp, no office to report to, lots of over time....

ConsLots of over time, mandatory over time, $100 a month to use their van with no option to use a personal vehicle and you have to secure it at your home at no cost to them. Policies always changing to benefit the company and never the employee...

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management needs to care more about the employees work and personal life balance. If you work someone to the point that they get " burnt out " then they will perform poorly for your customers and then leave you in a bind by quitting and then you're short handed and then you force the employees that are left to work even more and "burning" them out even more. Eventually you'll have no good talent left to serve your customers which is what you are more interested in....

Horrible place to work but glad to have a job

I have been working at NCR

ProsLove what I do and enjoy being part of new technology development

Conshate the unrealistic objectives and lack of personal and financial reward

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees better...benefits, bonus and improved IT system that make our daily transactions easier...just like we promise to our customers

Worked for NCR? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NCR reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NCR CEO Bill Nuti. All 745 reviews posted anonymously by NCR employees.