NCR

Updated Apr 16, 2014

NCR Chairman, President & CEO Bill Nuti

Bill Nuti

69 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

I have learned so much during my time at NCR and have benefited from great leadership.

Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at NCR full-time for more than 8 years

ProsProfessional development is phenominal
Global opportunities are fantastic
Challenging work and work with smart people
Leadership is terrific
Travel opportunities

ConsNot a place for poor performers
Fast paced environment challenges some
Demanding culture isn't for everyone
Competitive culture not for all
24 x 7 always on culture

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat progress! keep going!

NCR has given me the opportunity to work on many interesting projects, where I know I am having an impact on the company

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
Duluth, GA

I have been working at NCR full-time for more than a year

ProsFlexible work environment, leadership, good benefits, high performance culture, ability to grow your career, direct management, innovative products.

ConsIt is a very fast-paced environment

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the focus on innovation and helping employees achieve career goals

Great Company, Great Culture

Product Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at NCR full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLongstanding heritage culture and beliefs
Great American success story
Great work life balance
Managers invested in me
Helped me gain experience in a variety of different things

ConsSometimes its tough to onboard new people as there are a variety of different product offerings in NCR's portfolio

Advice to Senior ManagementHave second and third level managers take more time to get to know the individual reports of their reports.

I have been with 6 companies over my 30 year career - NCR is well run, growing and very good at staying on the strategy

Senior Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at NCR full-time for more than 5 years

Prosthe mission of the company from the CEO on down is very consistent year over year and is working to transform the company from item based to solutions based - something that the leadership says and they consistenly support in their actions

ConsSometimes, In my opinion, NCR has a tendancy to move faster than the technology. Internally, we could use an improvement to the infrastructure to support the solutions to our customers - especially in the non customer facing areas

Advice to Senior ManagementFor the rank and file employee, a greater investment in IT infrastructure would be welcome - not to say it is bad now but there can never be enough investment in tools that support our desire to achieve high customer satisfaction.

NCR's commitment to evolving present many opportunities for growth.

Solution Marketing Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at NCR full-time for more than 3 years

ProsOver the course of my four years at NCR, commitment to evolution and redefining "what's next" has been constant. I company that started in 1884, only stays relevant by infusing this commitment to all arteries of the organization. That makes working for NCR rewarding; we have a hand in shaping what's next in our Financial, Retail, Hospitality, Travel, and Telecommunications and Technology Lines of Business. This ability to shape customer interactions in the future, give us a sense of accomplishment and pride knowing we can help make everyone's life a little bit easier in the future.

With the constant evolution, their are also chances to grow and change with the organization. I was recruited into NCR for my background in IT consulting but within two years as additional opportunities came up that (a) I was interested in, (b) had the acumen to succeed (c) and their was a fit inside the organization, I was able to take on new roles and challenges. This is also the case with many of my colleagues that wanted to take on new challenges without stepping outside of this excellence orientated organization to grow.

Lastly, working at NCR has also afforded me the opportunity to log my volunteer hours and impact the local community with their commitment to Giving back to the community in various forms. NCR has allowed me to use my varied skills and desire to make a difference a rewarding experience.

ConsNCR is a transforming itself from a hardware provider to a software driven, hardware enabled organization. The change is sometimes uncomfortable and some times not a linear path. Working through ambiguity and frustration is par for the course for stretches but breaking through those various stages of growing pains has been very rewarding. Having the fortuitousness and resolve is the challenging part.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinuing to have transparency internally to the organization about some of the evolutions and potential growing pains is important to the employees. Sharing not just the architecture for the future but also some of the milestones is critical to showing understanding to the employees but ensuring everyone stays on the same page.

Great career, lots of opportunities

Vice President (Current Employee)

I have been working at NCR full-time for more than 10 years

ProsOverall, my career with NCR has been rewarding. Lots of opportunities to have new experiences. I lived in great places around the world with the chance to learn new skills. I have seen many changes the majority for the good. Bill Nuti has vision and passion to reinvent the company. I have worked for some really good people. For those employees that do not like to sit on the bench and watch from the sidelines, this is a great place to make a difference.

ConsOur aspirations for growth/change isnt always balanced with the resources to execute.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work. Keep the focus on services.

CEO

Chief Executive Officer (Current Employee)

I have been working at NCR full-time for more than 8 years

ProsNCR is very excellent company. It has a strong management team. I have confidence to the company.

ConsNCR is a traditional company. It is transferring to new target. It's very hard. So I love it.

Advice to Senior ManagementInsist will be win.

CEO

Chief Executive Officer (Current Employee)

I have been working at NCR full-time for more than 10 years

ProsNCR has very long history, and has a great culture and value, NCR innovation is very famous in IT industry.

ConsIncrease hareware, service, software quota, Increase revenue year by year. So we must develop difference way to match the quota

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop differnce solution to match diffence market requirment. and rapid response.

Totally engaged on game changing initiatives!

Information Systems Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at NCR full-time for more than 10 years

ProsChallenging assignments, great variety of projects, tons of global experience opportunities.

ConsJuggling multiple priorities, a lot of change management opportunities going in parallel.

Advice to Senior ManagementFaster action on workspace constraints, due to hiring growth.

Just a 'number'

Lead (Current Employee)

I have been working at NCR full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPlenty of work to be accomplished.
Promotes from within.
Open-minded to change

ConsDoesn't follow through with promises.
Needs to set goals.
Support your employees more.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more connected with your employees as they know the business best listen to what they say and actually fix issues they may face.

Worked for NCR? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NCR reviews and ratings in Duluth, GA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NCR CEO Bill Nuti. All 69 reviews posted anonymously by NCR employees.