NCR Reviews

Updated September 29, 2014
2.9

NCR Chairman, President & CEO Bill Nuti
Bill Nuti

Pros
  • Management team speaks frequently on maintaining work-life balance (in 39 reviews)

• collaborative environment, good benefits, positive culture, competitive compensation (in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is a challenge for most employees since this is truely a global company (in 40 reviews)

• Many employees have since left after being treated so poorly by upper management from Atlanta (in 41 reviews)

More Highlights

NCR

I worked at NCR for more than 3 years

Pros

GREAT COMPANY!!!! GREAT PEOPLE!!! GREAT MANAGERS!!!!! I loved working at NCR, the managers were really friendly and helpful, very nice people!!!! They will go out of their way to make sure that you succeed!!!!

Cons

There is nothing negative that I have to say about NCR, they are THE BEST!!!

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!!

Smart people, reorg hurting moral

I worked at NCR as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Down-to-earth, smart people, informal culture, flatter hierarchy -- you can reach out beyond your manager for help when needed. Former Radiant building in Alpharetta has free drinks. Some managers are open to working-from-home arrangements or non-traditional/flexible hours which is great.

Cons

Some managers are clearly stretched too far, cannibalistic behavior in some markets because acquisitions not yet fully digested, customer issues aren't always handled in as cohesive a manner as they should be. Recent layoffs and reorganization hurt moral of survivors.

Make good on promises to the rank and file -- if department makes its target numbers --> deliver on promises of bonuses. Especially don't show extravagance while imposing cost-cutting "rationalizing"

great place to work

Current Employee - Help Desk Agent  in  Columbus, GA
    Current Employee - Help Desk Agent in Columbus, GA

I have been working at NCR full-time for more than a year

Pros

good co workers and work environment
    good pay

Cons

losing contract causing loss of jobs

make contract conversions faster, to full time employess so they may get benefits.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern

I worked at NCR as an intern

Pros

The internship program was awesome. They had different social events planned for the interns as well as lunch-and-learns with current employees in different departments and past interns.
    The company it's self was great. The people are friendly and helpful. And the atmosphere was laid back.

Cons

Communication can be difficult because some team members are located overseas.
    Work-life balance can be difficult. I know many people that seem to leave work to keep working.

NCR is a great company to work for and I enjoyed my time at NCR.

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer  in  Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Norfolk, VA

I worked at NCR full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I enjoyed working with very experienced people. The company and the managers were very good to me and my family.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about NCR.

I believe that the management is doing everything great.

NCR, not the great company it once was.

I have been working at NCR full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

NCR is the global leader in ATMs and Retail Self Service Terminals. There are many opporunities to work with people and companies all over the world. The company is moving away from being hardware driven and towards becoming a Services and Softwware company. The growing SaS initiative is gaining a lot of traction and has many new opportunities.

Cons

NCR has been focused on cutting costs for a decade. Every long term strategy planning session is focused on how to do the same things cheaper or with less resources. The culture has certainly changed with the headquarters move from Dayton OH to Duluth GA ... but not necessarily for the better. NCR used to be a company with many long term, loyal employees with a very high focus on integrity. The new culture is still evolving, but the constant change in senior leadership prevents NCR from truly forming a new identity. Senior leaders come in and try something new. Before the new idea, process, policy, etc. can be given a chance to succeed, they are asked to leave because some short term number wasn't met. The new person starts something new and it is just a never ending series of changes for the sake of change.

Bill Nuti, give the people you hire as senior executives a chance to succeed. The turn-over rate is too high at all management levels.

Meh

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Duluth, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

I worked at NCR full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

International business
    Cultural exposure
    Large multinational experience

Cons

Boring, dry, formal culture
    Poor management
    Long hours
    Disorganized and highly segmented
    The workforce here is older, and the buildings are in poor locations far away from the city. There's no great living around the area, so commutes to/from work are terrible for pretty much everyone.

Executives don't even operate out of HQ and have terrible interaction with employees

Bad management led me to seek employment elsewhere

Former Employee - Customer Support Engineer II  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Support Engineer II in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at NCR full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

My coworkers were great; it really felt like a team atmosphere. I met some really smart and dedicated people.

Cons

Management was terrible to its employees - they were more concerned with "hitting your numbers" instead of giving quality work to customers. Low salaries with very little compensation. There was no room of growth as managers failed to give recognition where it was due; therefore, hardly any promotions

Give better recognition to your employees and compensate them accordingly with better pay. High turn over would occur less if you allowed employees to grow.

They Lie and Tempt to Get More Work From You.

Former Employee - Telecom and Technology Specialist  in  Peachtree, GA
    Former Employee - Telecom and Technology Specialist in Peachtree, GA

I worked at NCR as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

The office environment means you aren't subjected to the elements.
    The people that comprise the teams are very good at their jobs.
    Lower management was good.

Cons

Upper management needs drastic improvement.
    Decisions of upper management affect entire regions
    They dangle promises of permanent full time status and benefits to get you to work harder

Consider how your decisions affect not just employees but families. Recent decisions can tarnish a good reputation. The company needs to have a more definite plan for those seeking full time employment to achieve that goal. As an example employee, you would think they would be offered employment sooner. Oh and outsourcing all your helpdesk jobs over seas is not a very patriotic thing to do. (aforementioned decisions)

Place is a joke since buy out!

Former Employee - Support Technician II  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Support Technician II in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at NCR full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Co workers. Could not ask for better people.

Cons

Management is a joke. More worried about making revenue numbers then customers needs or issues.

Start thinking about the clients and taking care of them and then the revenue will grow. won't ever grow if you keep ticking them off and not taking care of them.

Worked for NCR? Contribute to the Community!