NCR Reviews

Reset
2.8
NCR Chairman, President & CEO Bill Nuti
Bill Nuti

Pros
  • There is no work-life balance at this company (in 43 reviews)

• Great option for female employers as there are work from home options (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance is nonexistent (in 42 reviews)

• No work/life balance at all, there is a reason why it is called NCRcation or my favorite moniker Never Can Rest (in 19 reviews)

1,175 Employee Reviews

NCR....never completely reorganized...nobody really cares....

Current Employee - Customer Service Engineer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at NCR full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

great team mates, beautiful area to see while driving.

Cons

so many to list. so little time. we are "resources", our customers deserve the service they pay for, house of bad ideas is consistant. just when you think they cannot make our jobs worse, the house of bad ideas surpasses themselves. if you can find a way to blame the CE's, management does. If this "resource" could quit and find a new job, my exit interview would be one for the books, not that they would care, but this old dude would feel better leaving it with them.

Advice to Management

I think your shelf life has expired. Please leave and bring in the next idiots who wont bother to listen to the front line of customer service engineers that are the "face of NCR"

2. NCR

Pros

Gave more opportunities to employees to develop their carrier.

Cons

Still many employees got less salary than assemblers.

Advice to Management

Need to review your salary strategy of assemblers

3. Great place to start right out of college

I have been working at NCR part-time

Pros

You're given actual responsibilities so you don't feel like you're just going through the motions. They have a BYOD policy so you can elect to not come into the office and just work from home if you don't have any meetings. The culture of the office is very open and all of the employees and managers are friendly. Plus, they are moving their headquarters into the heart of the Midtown Atlanta with a snazzy new campus in 2017. And of course... no dress code.

Cons

Sometimes it feels like you have so many meetings, you don't have time to actually do any work. The trainings are very lengthy, though it gives you time to get into the swing of things, and depending on your department, you're stuck working with underwhelming technology for security reasons.

Advice to Management

If there was a way to streamline the on boarding and training process, it'd really give new hires a chance to get work done quickly and efficiently.

A very, very mixed bag

Pros

My co-workers and most local management are top notch professionals and a pleasure to work with. Absolutely no complaints about my salary.

Cons

Corporate level Sr. Management has waged a relentless war for several years against existing employee benefits (401k matching & medical in particular) to presumably finance acquisitions. Over that same time period mysterious IT glitches in this hi-tech company have affected the amounts and/or the timing of well-earned employee bonuses. But the most head-scratching con is the constant and unending series of re-orgs and re-org do-overs over the last several years. Contrary to the corporate line that they are intended to improve company performance, they can also be interpreted as an open and public admission that no one at the top has a clue what they're doing.

Advice to Management

Endless re-orgs are fooling no one and in fact hurting the company. Stop it already! Restore all benefits to former levels (you have already taken steps in that direction for 401k). Cease the wild Corporate senior-level hiring while hiring freezes (official or unofficial) are still in place in the trenches where your profits really originate.

6. Technical Support Specialist

Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I worked at NCR (More than 10 years)

Pros

Industry par benefits and educational resources available, but not always accessible. Useing those resources, could be difficult

Cons

Management only cares about cost and quantity of work, not quality. I was one of only three people in my department willing to relocate when the location was shut down, but was not given a move offer or any explanation. I realize a new hire would be cheaper, but aside from being the senior staff, I was the only trainer.

Advice to Management

Stop giving lip service to pursuit of excellence and quality if every decision is going to be based on saving money. I lost track of the number of times a new "improvement initiative" was announced, meetings were held, but then there was never time, labor, or resources budgeted to carry those plans out.

Production Manager

Current Employee - Production in Columbus, GA
    Current Employee - Production in Columbus, GA

Pros

Big company with plenty of work

Cons

job will allays be there

Advice to Management

don't stop and work hard

8. Software Engineer

I have been working at NCR full-time

Pros

The company is based on innovation and developing new ideas.

Cons

The company is a tad bit unorganized.

Advice to Management

Have content prepared for new hires to learn as soon as they walk in the door.

This company is on the fence

Former Employee - Customer Engineer II in Duluth, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Engineer II in Duluth, GA

Pros

Good benefits, in New York at least you get in a union.

Cons

Management can be disorganized easily

Advice to Management

Change things up and listen to everyone

Legal

Current Employee - Legal in Duluth, GA
    Current Employee - Legal in Duluth, GA

Pros

flexible work schedules open to change progressive and forward thinking

Cons

lack of structure very little processes in place nominal interaction with managers

Advice to Management

empower employees, trust employees, better health insurance

11. Nice place to work in

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at NCR full-time

Pros

Have really good work life balance and work culture

Cons

Package is lesser than market value and less learning

Showing 1,175 of 1,221 reviews