NCR

NCR Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

NCR Chairman, President & CEO Bill Nuti

Bill Nuti

Pros
  • Management team speaks frequently on maintaining work-life balance(in 35 reviews)

• collaborative environment, good benefits, positive culture, competitive compensation(in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is a challenge for most employees since this is truely a global company(in 34 reviews)

• Many employees have since left after being treated so poorly by upper management from Atlanta(in 32 reviews)

Good

Software Engineer II (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGood environment, young nice people, interesting work, good management structure

Consoutdated software and legacy code

Ok place to work.

ProsConvenient location, good company values, very diverse workforce, very friendly coworkers. Easy to telecommute and most people seem to work form home most days.

ConsOffice can be very empty because a lot of people are working remotely. Emergency preparedness procedures are not clearly distributed to employees.

It's an okay place to work.

Account Manager (Current Employee)

ProsFlexible environment, great people, good benefits

ConsSometimes management has unrealistic expectations of their employees. They make decisions that greatly impact the lower level employees without talking to them or taking into consideration their experience. High stress.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk to your employees more and consider their opinions when making decisions that will effect not only their jobs but more importantly the customers.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great culture and management

Solutions Sales Specialist (Current Employee)

ProsManagement treat their employees with respect and give a lot of freedom to work on your own, as long as you get the work done.

ConsNot much room for growth unless you are at Head Office or a major office in the USA.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a better plan to promote employees faster.

Good company to work.

ProsCoworkers are nice. Immediate managers are reasonable and concern about the employees. It is a diversified environment and all types of employees can adapter to the culture well. The company is transitioning from a hardware company to a software company, better performance is expected in future.

ConsThe products are not so competitive. Company cannot attract really talented employees to produce top quality products. It lacks mechanism to award talented employees and it intends to hire low level employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore R&D funds should be allocated to replace the old products with products developed with newest technology, which will save more in long run and produce more satisfied customers and employees.

Great products, poor support

Sales (Former Employee)

ProsGreat innovative, market leading solutions

ConsManagement too focused on bottom line with very little care for employees

Advice to Senior ManagementStop buying companies to improve revenue and focus on innovating again to grow organically

Costumer Care Engineer

Customer Engineer II (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat Culture, wonderful Atmosphere, relax but yet professional, state of the art equipment

ConsCommute, no real diversity,overtime is req a lot.

Not exciting

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prostraining is worst, Poor Strategy, no career growth

ConsGood for people who knows politics

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Old school company with "new" facade

Analyst (Current Employee) Duluth, GA

ProsFlexible schedule, telecommute, interesting work, international coworkers

ConsVery political. Top down management. The "little people" are treated like a number and are not treated with respect by superiors. There are a lot of overpaid middle managers that receive huge bonuses, yet they cut corners in their depts. I can't order a simple software package that will be used daily because the company "can't afford it". The software would cost $40. The director of our dept just received a $200,000 bonus. Hmm. This is the way they treat the workers too. Bonuses and pay increases are few and far between until you become part of the "management tier". This is an old school company that belongs in 1985. The only "new" ideas the company has implemented are flexible work schedules and dress code. This is an alright stopover job and I'm treating it as such. I would not want to spend my career here.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your employees and treat them with respect. I knew that NCR treated its service level employees poorly before I took my position in the admin side of the company. I'v found that the mistreatment of employees is widespread. You make your money because employees come to work and work hard. Without them there is no company. Treat them like they matter. You don't have to pay employees more, just treat them like they are really part of the company and treat them like they matter. You'd be amazed by the results of an engaged workforce.

Not employee's best interest

IT Analyst (Former Employee) Duluth, GA

ProsOptional work from home days

ConsThey do not care about the employee's. Will let you work no longer than 3-4yrs and then will give you a bad review knowing that you are doing what has been asked and beyond just to replace you with college interns.

Advice to Senior ManagementReally need to watch how you get rid of people because a lawsuit is coming soon.

Worked for NCR? Contribute to the Community!