NCR

NCR Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

NCR Chairman, President & CEO Bill Nuti

Bill Nuti

Pros
  • Management team speaks frequently on maintaining work-life balance(in 35 reviews)

• Great option for female employers as there are work from home options(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is a challenge for most employees since this is truely a global company(in 33 reviews)

• Many employees have since left after being treated so poorly by upper management from Atlanta(in 32 reviews)

As a contractor, I served as a project coordinator for several project managers at NCR, Corp.

Project Coordinator (Former Employee) Norcross, GA

ProsThe best things about working with NCR, Corp was the fact that it was a virtual (work from home) position and the fact that they (NCR) offer a number of professional and educational opportunities online through NCR University.

ConsProjects and/or project budgets can shrink or contract without warning which can cause staffing and other resources to be reduced again with little to no warning.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have a very energetic and positive work environment but do continue to build and strengthen your team cohesion which should result in people who will openly communicate and trust each other.

NCR provides challaning career opportunites

Senior Director (Current Employee) Duluth, GA

ProsA lot of flexibility, great people, aggressive targets, global environment, strong leadership.

ConsEnd of quarter frenzy

Advice to Senior ManagementMore focus on balancing short and long them objectives

True turnaround success of a global iconic brand

Solutions Sales Specialist (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsGlobal environment in multiple industries with exciting technology which allows people to make everyday life easier. The leadership is investing in fixing legacy issues from previous years. Lots more to do but GREAT progress.

ConsEvery company has challenges and this is no exception. The work is challenging and their are limitation in the technology and tools. However, the team is working hard to invest in new tools and technology....just need to do it faster!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep bringing on good software talent to help with the reinvention to a more software focused company. This is not the place for you if you don't like challenging work. The work is hard but the learning opportunity is huge.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Director (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsAbility to influence and drive necessary change; autonomy, flexibility with work at home

ConsAttitudes of legacy NCR employees who are unwilling to change or who live in the past

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the course, over-communicate

One of the very good place to work

ProsWork culture, work-life balance, opportunities, environment, everything is really good

ConsNothing till now. Everything is really good

national cash registers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat people, great benefits, great hours

Consmanagers are terrible they do not listen

Advice to Senior Managementget a new attitude

Overall positive experience

ProsFlexible work hours offer for great work-life balance. Pay varies based on job role, but is overall very competitive.

ConsUpper management and people who come up with nonsense to justify their jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider the best interests of the life and blood of the company - the customer engineers. As the face of NCR, customer engineers play a crucial role in the success of the organization. Upper management needs to take into consideration the impact a change in process, pay, or policy will have on customer engineers. It is all take, there is very little give.

Great company to develop a career and be part of an exciting transformation

ProsHaving spent over 15 years at NCR I am continually challenged by new projects and roles. The company has reinvented itself over the last 7-8 years and being part of that journey has been exciting. The ability to work with people from different cultures and backgrounds provides a diverse work environment that allows for new and creative ideas.

ConsNCR is a great company that lacks brand awareness but the company is focussed on improving this

Had worked in NCR over 5 years ten years ago, now back to NCR again

Business Operations Manager (Current Employee) Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

ProsNCR has his own unique culture in this industry. NCR have been and will continue to be the No. 1 company in interactive transaction field.

ConsNo outstanding concerns about that

Advice to Senior ManagementThe inductry is traditional but innovation is a stimulat to push forward. We would like to see more innovative products to come out in near future.

It's a friendly company and I feel happy since I word here!

Team Assistant (Current Employee) Beijing, Beijing (China)

ProsWe colleagues get along well even we are get along well with boss. It's happy when I doing my work. Also our team is holding a badminton activity every friday which making our team menber closer.

ConsBenefits is few in my position. Works is trifling as a team assistant but I think the responsibility of this position is alike.

Advice to Senior ManagementSince NCR is a international company, I would like to visit other office around the world sometime.

Worked for NCR? Contribute to the Community!