NCR Reviews

Updated September 22, 2014
2.8

NCR Chairman, President & CEO Bill Nuti
Bill Nuti

Pros
  • Management team speaks frequently on maintaining work-life balance (in 35 reviews)

• collaborative environment, good benefits, positive culture, competitive compensation (in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is a challenge for most employees since this is truely a global company (in 34 reviews)

• Many employees have since left after being treated so poorly by upper management from Atlanta (in 32 reviews)

More Highlights

Bad management led me to seek employment elsewhere

Former Employee - Customer Support Engineer II  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Support Engineer II in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at NCR full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

My coworkers were great; it really felt like a team atmosphere. I met some really smart and dedicated people.

Cons

Management was terrible to its employees - they were more concerned with "hitting your numbers" instead of giving quality work to customers. Low salaries with very little compensation. There was no room of growth as managers failed to give recognition where it was due; therefore, hardly any promotions

Give better recognition to your employees and compensate them accordingly with better pay. High turn over would occur less if you allowed employees to grow.

Smart people, reorg hurting moral

I worked at NCR as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Down-to-earth, smart people, informal culture, flatter hierarchy -- you can reach out beyond your manager for help when needed. Former Radiant building in Alpharetta has free drinks. Some managers are open to working-from-home arrangements or non-traditional/flexible hours which is great.

Cons

Some managers are clearly stretched too far, cannibalistic behavior in some markets because acquisitions not yet fully digested, customer issues aren't always handled in as cohesive a manner as they should be. Recent layoffs and reorganization hurt moral of survivors.

Make good on promises to the rank and file -- if department makes its target numbers --> deliver on promises of bonuses. Especially don't show extravagance while imposing cost-cutting "rationalizing"

Engineering Manager

Current Employee - Engineering Manager  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at NCR full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good working culture Company

Cons

Limited career growth worry me

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work, Flexible timing and leave policy

Current Employee - Solution Engineer  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - Solution Engineer in Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at NCR full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

work-life balance, company treats employees well.

Cons

Hyderabad location is only for Developers and Testers.
    Windows/vmware admins might have a hard time.

Laying off 1800 people was not a good move at all.

NCR

I worked at NCR for more than 3 years

Pros

GREAT COMPANY!!!! GREAT PEOPLE!!! GREAT MANAGERS!!!!! I loved working at NCR, the managers were really friendly and helpful, very nice people!!!! They will go out of their way to make sure that you succeed!!!!

Cons

There is nothing negative that I have to say about NCR, they are THE BEST!!!

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!!

Intern

I worked at NCR as an intern

Pros

The internship program was awesome. They had different social events planned for the interns as well as lunch-and-learns with current employees in different departments and past interns.
    The company it's self was great. The people are friendly and helpful. And the atmosphere was laid back.

Cons

Communication can be difficult because some team members are located overseas.
    Work-life balance can be difficult. I know many people that seem to leave work to keep working.

Being In Services Is Very Tough!

I worked at NCR

Pros

There is a lot of opportunities to learn and grow considering how niche the industry is.

Cons

A lot of focus in managing cost and not enough of revenue growth. If you work in Services, expect to feel the cost pressures ie jobs being moved overseas to lower cost markets.

Grow the business and get good people who can deliver and bring in new revenue streams. Take a longer term view of your people who are your greatest assets.

They Lie and Tempt to Get More Work From You.

Former Employee - Telecom and Technology Specialist  in  Peachtree, GA
    Former Employee - Telecom and Technology Specialist in Peachtree, GA

I worked at NCR as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

The office environment means you aren't subjected to the elements.
    The people that comprise the teams are very good at their jobs.
    Lower management was good.

Cons

Upper management needs drastic improvement.
    Decisions of upper management affect entire regions
    They dangle promises of permanent full time status and benefits to get you to work harder

Consider how your decisions affect not just employees but families. Recent decisions can tarnish a good reputation. The company needs to have a more definite plan for those seeking full time employment to achieve that goal. As an example employee, you would think they would be offered employment sooner. Oh and outsourcing all your helpdesk jobs over seas is not a very patriotic thing to do. (aforementioned decisions)

No regard for employees

Current Employee - GIM  in  Peachtree, GA
    Current Employee - GIM in Peachtree, GA

I have been working at NCR full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They pay you to work every day.

Cons

They are moving all of their Peachtree City positions as well as others globally to Serbia. They can hire several people for the cost of one US employee. People that have been here for 20-30 years don't matter. The offices are empty. Probably 50-60 open cubicles alone on my floor. Rumors are that no one will be in Peachtree City in another year. Bonuses are never given due to impossible metrics. 401k was increased but only if you are employed by end of year. More than 70 people let go last week. Very poor morale, very uncertain future. They announce 1800 layoffs and drag it out for months and months while everyone questions their future. No disregard for employees as human beings.

People come to work to support their families. Have some regard to how your decisions affect us.

Poor upper management CEO has no idea had to grow the business and keep talent. To make the numbers he cuts jobs

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Penn, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Penn, PA

I worked at NCR full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Worked with some wonderful people

Cons

VERY POOR UPPER MANAGEMENT - TO MAKE THE BOTTOM LINE ALL THEY DO IS CUT EMPLOYEES AND SEND JOBS OUT OF THE COUNTRY

STOP SENDING JOBS TO OVERSEAS.

Worked for NCR? Contribute to the Community!