NCR Reviews

Disappointing leadership

Former Employee - Software Test Engineer
    Former Employee - Software Test Engineer

I worked at NCR full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I can't think of one reason to work here unless it's because you couldn't find anything else. NCR does offer unlimited sick time but you'll need it after the insanity here.

Cons

401K matching isn't paid until Dec 31. Benefits are poor given the size of the company. No job promotions, minimal pay raises. Leadership is out of touch with employees and reality so the decision making process results in poor decisions with even worse results.

Stop giving yourself bonus's and raises if you aren't giving them to your employees. Listen to what your employees are trying to tell you - you're going to need their advice if you want to get out of the hole you're in. The world's changing and NCR needs to change also.

2. Great company, lots of opportunities

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Duluth, GA
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Duluth, GA

I have been working at NCR

Pros

Depending on your superiors/department, office culture can be great - very approachable upper management who seeks and values your input; lots of learning opportunities; Strong leadership, working on defining clear goals to make the company more agile and adaptable. Great work-life balance, great benefits.

Cons

No cons as of yet.

Great & dedicated people, cool solutions but an executive culture that does not seem to value them

Former Employee - IT Manager in Duluth, GA
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Duluth, GA

I worked at NCR

Pros

Lots of long-term employees who are very dedicated despite being worked to death
    Really innovative solutions
    Market leader in many self service technology solution areas (ATM's, self serve kiosks, etc)

Cons

Executive management will run the employees into the ground if allowed (generally speaking).
    Retail acquisition (Retalix) is a dog and dragging down the retail LOB - costing jobs and lowering stock price
    Executive management has been leaving in droves (late 2013 and all of 2014)
    Typical public company - functions 1/4 to 1/4 at the expense of the long-term strategy

Focus on the employees. Happy employees, happy customers...
    CEO and all top lieutenants should consider moving to world headquarters
    Look at whether HR senior leadership is supportive of the type of culture that is really desired

Terrible company to work for!

Current Employee - Employee in Columbus, GA
    Current Employee - Employee in Columbus, GA

I have been working at NCR full-time

Pros

It provided me with a job for a few years. Sorry...can't give anything better than that.

Cons

Totally bottom line driven with no regard for its employees. Cuts resources and piles more and more onto its team members. Extremely stressful environment with upper level managers who are rude, inappropriate in manner of speech and have unreasonable expectations.

Understand that people make up a company and generate your revenue. Your titles do not give you the right to treat people aggressively and unfairly. The good old boy system is firmly in place. Change that.

Worked at NCR for 5 years. Worst Managers Ever

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Duluth, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Duluth, GA

I worked at NCR full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Close to where I lived. Pay was ok. Meet valuable friends.

Cons

Management sucks. No growth within the company. All managers have been with company for twenty plus years, they all migrated to Georgia from Dalton. All un-educated; but anyone hired from Georgia had to have a degree. Uses old technology and does not want to change. Ever heard the old saying you can't teach a old dogs new tricks. This is what the management team is at NCR.

Get some education and work with new technology. Don't be jealous because you hired educated people in Georgia that can get other jobs. You only know NCR, not educated therefore you can't go out and get another job.

The New NCR: Bright future ahead

Current Employee - Vice President Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Vice President Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at NCR full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very well positioned to gain share with new sw and services portfolio
    #1 in almost every segment and growing faster than the market

Cons

Continue to communicate the transformation journey to all employees and consider spending more time with the international communities

Keep the NCR traditions alive they are intrinsic part of NCR's past and future success

Poor Work/Life Balance

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at NCR full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company trying to implement Employment Engagement and Management Diversity in concerns to Work Life balance such as working remotely, Employees tend to work more when they are on remote status but Management not in agreement and denying accessibility.

Cons

When Hired they give you false hope of being able to work remote some each week but then management regards you as "Stealing" from the company and accuses you of not working when you are. Some management are verbally abusive and when you take appropriate actions and report them nothing is done to management, and the employee making accusation position is eliminated. Management is more concerned with their Golf Game.

Care a less about your Golf Game and more about your Employees.

Could a company care about its employees less?

Former Employee - Software Engineer II in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Software Engineer II in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at NCR full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive benefits as far as paid days off and medical insurance are concerned.
    Quality machines were given to developers to work on.
    The office(Fort Worth) was nice.

Cons

I worked at Radiant Systems before it was purchased by NCR. NCR proceeded to take all off the things I enjoyed about Radiant Systems away and destroy the company I liked working for. They replaced our HR with a computer program, they off shored a lot of our jobs, they made it so that we couldn't talk to our office IT help desk directly anymore and we had to call an Indian call center to resolve IT issues. The started reducing the number of days of paid time off we had. I hate NCR and would never ever consider working for them or recommending them to anyone I know.

Quit paying yourselves so much and focus more resources on your employees.

Very fast paced; a lot of very motivated, dedicated employees.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

I worked at NCR full-time

Pros

The technologies they are selling, and the changes they have made in their offerings, make NCR one of the top technology companies to work for. Their offerings make them very mobile friendly, and amazingly, their technology works very well.

Cons

It is so fast paced that management expectations of your performance can be unrealistic.

Overwork their employees and don't care

I have been working at NCR

Pros

Remote work is the only good thing.

Cons

Too many hours given to this company. Expect you to work to get the job done but do not want to pay overtime hours. No life if you work here. Very stressful environment.