NCU (Northcentral University)

Updated Apr 5, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Enrollment Specialist

Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee)
Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at NCU (Northcentral University) full-time for more than a year

ProsCompany is really good to it's employees, it's still a corporate environment but unlike most proprietary education they don't fire for people not hitting numbers. Company periodically buys lunch, has fun team builders, every Wed. has a snack cart with energy drinks that are free. New change is they allow you to dip into the negative for PTO so you can borrow up to a weeks worth of vacation time. Pretty flexible and for the most part the leaders are good people that are supportive. Things are growing fast so always changing so sometimes the growing pains are just that but they tend to pass quick. Company offers any admissions related job up to a 9% raise for the first 4 years which is far more than most for profit colleges. TV's all throughout the buidling with Direct TV so we can watch anything we want. At the current time we don't have to clock out for lunches if we work through and we have unlimited OT which makes a big difference on the paycheck if you are willing to work more. Company is growing a lot so lots of new positions opening constantly which gives lots of opportunity in Admissions and also in Operations, great chance for growth all around.

ConsTuition is raising quicker than it should and the growth goals this year by the board are too aggressive and not realistic which has created a more high pressure environment. A few of the leaders are really poor so if your an unfortunate soul under them your experience of NCU might be drastically different. Leadership does not act quick enough to get rid of the few troublesome leaders and employees

Advice to Senior ManagementBe quicker to act on the "Terrell Owens" type personalities that have moral and attitude issues. I'm shocked to say that this company is too lenient and gives the jerks (there are only a few) at the company too many chances and needs to cut ties if someone is constantly combative with his/her fellow team members.

Overall Job

Full-time Faculty (Former Employee)
Remote, OR

I worked at NCU (Northcentral University) full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood colleagues and virtual work environment

ConsHeavy work load 7 days a week. Pay remains the same

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at pay for your full-time faculty

Worst Company Ever Worked For

Marketing Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at NCU (Northcentral University) full-time for less than a year

ProsThere are not many good things to say about this place. People are rude, inconsiderate and selfish. This is not a place to build a career. Every man for themselves environment, where people get fired weekly.

ConsThis is a poor culture, from the academics to the business side. Very arrogant management team, who fires people on a whim. It's a very strange place to work. Not a very intellectual environment to work in.

Advice to Senior ManagementHonestly, it sounds mean, but get more intelligent people in management. Very ignorant culture.

Terrible Place

Enrollment Advisor (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

ProsPay was just ok. No bonus program. It is hard to say many good things about a place that is so heartless and cold.

ConsToo many to count. People who work there dont acknowledge each other as they walk by. The company continually tries to pay you less and give you as few benefits as possible. It was a job I took out of desperation and has been a nightmare. Do not take any job here if offered.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate and respect lower level employees. Stop acting like you are special. Create a friendlier atmosphere.

Strangest experience of my life. Awful place.

Director (Former Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I worked at NCU (Northcentral University) full-time for less than a year

ProsThe pay scale is barely decent but enough to peak interest. No bonus. If the place could get away with paying you less, they would.

ConsThis was the worst experience of my life. Very arrogant culture. Useless academics with an attitude like they are special. On the business side, it wasnt much better. Not a lot of integrity in the institution. If given the offer to work here, pass on it.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet to know people who work there more. Dont be so arrogant!

A breath of fresh air in the for profit education

Tuition Planner (Current Employee)

I have been working at NCU (Northcentral University) full-time

ProsGreat starting pay, benefits and schedules. Mentors and leaders who are enthusiastic and outgoing.

ConsNo formal training, a lot is learning on the fly.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease implement some training!

Another Enrollment Position

Enrollment Advisor (Current Employee)
Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at NCU (Northcentral University) full-time for less than a year

ProsFor the time being the work culture is nice , co workers are great. Weekends off and paid tuition with the NCU. They do their best to promote a positive work environment and treat advisors likes adults. great training!

Consstarting pay is low and the environment is slowing becoming like other for profit schools which is killing the culture. constant changes that are not communicated effectively . location is way out in Scottsdale.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate issues on the floor in a timely manner to avoid rumors and negative energy. Develop a better system to streamline the enrollment process to many different advisors for one student.

No Thanks

Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee)

I worked at NCU (Northcentral University) full-time for more than a year

ProsSet schedule, Some great colleagues

ConsEnrollment (Recruiting) is headed up by individuals from the mortgage industry (Quicken Loans) that say all the right things, but don't back it up. Since NCU is a for-profit institution, sales and getting students into the school is the #1 priority and academics is secondary. This is common within the for-profit educational setting, however, the Quicken Loans management team takes it to another level and is more about profit than education.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe genuine... don't try to hype your teams up with fake enthusiasm and cheesy pep talks. Listen to your staff and take care of the students attending the school.

Great place in view of doing the right thing for students

Admissions (Former Employee)

I worked at NCU (Northcentral University) full-time for more than a year

ProsListen and change when needed to meet students needs

ConsFavortism amongst admissions reps.. unfair lead dispersing.. lack of raises when promised.

Advice to Senior ManagementIntegrity and treating all equal

Worked for NCU (Northcentral University)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NCU (Northcentral University) reviews and ratings. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by NCU (Northcentral University) employees.