NES Rentals

Updated Jan 8, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Andrew P. Studdert

A good company to be associated with.

Service Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at NES Rentals full-time for more than 10 years

ProsCorporate management that wants the employees to strive.
Very good benefits and extra bonuses for employees and their families.
Great vacation packages even for new employees.

ConsThere should be outside hiring instead of the manager buddy system.
The workers should get more extras rather than the managers.
Bonuses should be distributed amongst all branch employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome things like listed in the cons tab should be addressed. There are a few good people that have quit because of that reason.

Poor Management with no plan, job demands are great and incentives are low or impossible to earn.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at NES Rentals full-time for more than 3 years

ProsNES operates in good markets where the opportunity to be profitable and financially successful is greater than average. Safety is promoted and time and money is spent to achieve a safe working environment.

ConsLimited fleet and skeleton branch staffs are asked to perform miracles. Buddy system is used to hire Management personnel and some are poorly qualified and have no leadership or management skills. Meeting internal company targets and requirements are the main focus and the most demanding part of the job.

Advice to Senior ManagementStaff braches with adequate personnel to perform jobs, develop career ladders for all employees, use skills assessment tests before hiring or promoting management personnel and focus on sales.

great company

Service Technician (Current Employee)
Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at NES Rentals full-time for more than a year

ProsVery flexible with work schedule and great people to work with

Conswork load can be over bearing at times

poor management keeps branches down

Outside Sales (Former Employee)

I worked at NES Rentals full-time for less than a year

Prosthe opportunity for this company to expand exists

Conslack of equipment which limits opportunity

Advice to Senior Managementin branches that have been ignored, you must treat them as new start up branches and put equipment in them.
 customers will not wait two or three days to get the equipment they need. New business does not afford you the opportunity of advance notice.

Great company to work for!

Rental Coordinator (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I worked at NES Rentals full-time for less than a year

ProsEnjoyable work environment. Upper management was a pleasure to work for. I got laid off during a rough economic time.

ConsThere were 3 branches around the Atlanta area. It felt like we were always competing with one another. My immediate supervisor was lazy and did not do much of anything. I felt like this really hurt our branches performance led to both of us getting laid off.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management should give branches incentives to send deals to each other. Instead we were taking deals from each other in their each others areas. I felt like I was competing with my own company. Also when laying off employees they should take look at where the fat needs to be trimmed.

The best job I ever had.

Employee (Current Employee)
Nederland, TX

I have been working at NES Rentals

ProsSafety is the number one priority with NES Rentals. My boss allows me to do my job. Compensation is very good. NES kept as many employees as they could during the down times.

ConsWe would all like to make more money. 401K ,matching needs to be more.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep updating the fleet. Look for more and different ways to show appreciation to all employees. Look for ways to promote from within.

Outside Sales

Outside Sales (Former Employee)

I worked at NES Rentals full-time for less than a year

ProsCompany Laptop with wireless card.
Improving software.

ConsMiddle Management doesn't allow their Branches to do what they were hired to do. Sales Managers have no power to make changes.
Lack of equipment.
Customer needs can't be filled.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow your Branch employees to do what they were hires to do.

Great place for a life CAREER

I have been working at NES Rentals

ProsFamily friendly, professional, goal oriented, team-work, safety is #1, positive work environment. NES is one of the best employers I have ever worked for. It's not only the people you work with that make it quality, it is the work we do as a team to service our customers. NES is not run by corporate, it is supported by corporate, so there is freedom and flexibility to make decisions.

ConsConsistency among corporate, districts and managers which is most likely due to the structure of corporate being more of a support system than leading the ship.

Pay is challenging to stay competitive due to shifts in markets

Advice to Senior ManagementStay on top of compensation in order to remain competitive.
Offer special incentives to keep your employee's happy and "on board".
Keep everyone involved!

Overall, it has been a postive experience.

I have been working at NES Rentals

ProsPay is good compared to rest of area
Benefits are okay
The people are great
They offer "perks" like gift cards for taking health assessments with the health insurer

ConsThe hours are too long
There are not enough employees in any of the branches in order to get the job done (most times)

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider the hours you work the employees - most specifically the salaried employees. The hours are too long to be able to say that you actively support a balanced home/work life for your employees.

Worked for NES Rentals? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NES Rentals reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NES Rentals CEO Andrew P. Studdert. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by NES Rentals employees.