NEXTGEN GLOBAL RESOURCES

Updated Dec 12, 2013

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Nice way to end the year!

Recruiter (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at NEXTGEN GLOBAL RESOURCES full-time for less than a year

ProsNextGen has allowed me a work environment that is non-traditional. It's a young company, just on 4 years old. It provides a casual and fairly relaxed work environment. I get day to day focus on roles but it also allows me to run my desk in the day. I am still learning a lot of the technologies we recruit for but it's been interesting and challenging. The wireless industry is incredibly busy and it seems pretty steady for 2014. Nice people, lots of laughs in the day for sure!

ConsYou need to be somewhat self-managed and motivated. It's not the easiest job.
There is structure but you need to be able to think on your own too, young company and growth will bring change.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore training, more team building and time together as a company

Turn and burn enviornment

Recruiter (Former Employee)

I worked at NEXTGEN GLOBAL RESOURCES full-time for less than a year

ProsJust the perks, vacation time, few parties here and there. Also, the premiums for your benefits are paid.

ConsNo work/life balance. Except you to basically make this job your life. No matter how hard you work, the President will still tell you, everyday.."I'm not sure your working hard enough" There is no support or relevant motivation that takes place. President only cares if youre making him money, nothing is on a personal level at all. No room for growth, youre either a recruiter or your in sales, thats it. Very unprofessional as well and not a very positive and disciplined environment but there is no HR to complain to or make things change. Everyone talks behind everyones back and a consultant was hired to fix things but he only made things worse with his outrageous behavior. All in all, just look elsewhere for a recruiting gig. The base compensation is ok but the roles you are filling wont make you that much unless you are placing 10 people a month. There is a minimum amount of people you need to submit to the clients each week and performance is only based on that. Also, the good reviews on here were clearly not done by a current employee, in fact, they were done a month apart from one another RIGHT when the new consultant started...hmmm?

Advice to Senior ManagementStart listening, your employees are miserable and will leave the second a better opportunity comes along.

Non Bitter Ex employee

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at NEXTGEN GLOBAL RESOURCES

ProsHigh base, good vacation, not great health Ins.

ConsFunny thing about this company is the experience is very subjective. If you are in head office in Chicago, it seems to be great. I did not, so it wasn't. I ll stick to facts rather than denigrate individuals, the commission structure as a recruiter is amongst the worst in the industry, if you re in sales, your earning potential is anywhere from 5 - 10 x more than the recruiters. Virtually no residual commission. They have a young recruitment team for the most part who don't know any different. Impossible to earn good money here as a recruiter, not as a Salesman though (unless your cute, then you get fed candidates by the co-owner).

Advice to Senior ManagementNone to share, they never listened to me when I worked there....

Overall - this is a place to work!

Sales, Recruiting and Operations (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at NEXTGEN GLOBAL RESOURCES full-time for less than a year

ProsOverall the conversations were incredibly positive and folks are very happy to be a part of something special at NextGen. There is a high regard and appreciation for your generosity, humor and passion around the business and industry! Overall, you have an impressive group of both young and experienced staff that are incredibly happy to be part of NextGen!

ConsIt's a work hard - play hard space - not for the complacent and those that want to coast!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up - your commitment to introducing more training and adding to the team is spot on!

Wonderful Company

Sales (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at NEXTGEN GLOBAL RESOURCES full-time for less than a year

ProsThe CEO goes above and beyond for his staff - he has gone to bat for me not only professionally but also personally. The company is invested in the success of their employees - they set you up to succeed as you build your business. Seasoned sales team which adds a level of flexibility and partnering opportunities we can offer to our customers. The annual company trip, contests to keep us motivated and engaged, top-down support from the executive staff, and more. I would recommend it to everyone!

ConsI can't think of anything in the Con category. Issues are addressed and resolved quickly. Possibly that we cannot work with all customers. This is where the advantage of having a veteran sale team comes in - if it's not a core competency we'd rather say no than not perform.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!! The numbers speak for NextGen - how many other companies have grown over 4 times the original profit in 4 years??

Inept management team

Recruiter (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at NEXTGEN GLOBAL RESOURCES full-time for more than a year

ProsThey have fun parties and close to my house. They gave me a higher base than the current employees or the competition

ConsManagment is only concerned with making himself abother million dollars. He spends all his money on Prada and brags about it even to us that dont have anything. If i heard one more story about how great he is or how cool he is i would scream. They say the company doenst have any red tape but that is untrue. The CEO only Gives you commissions if you attend 1 social event a month and work 7 days a week. Fun Company? I guess if you dont want a life outside of the CEOS world. The recruiters are weak and the recruiting manager is manipulative and backstabbing

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow up. People are not toys to be manipulated.

Worked for NEXTGEN GLOBAL RESOURCES? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NEXTGEN GLOBAL RESOURCES reviews and ratings. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by NEXTGEN GLOBAL RESOURCES employees.