NFC Amenity Management

Updated October 14, 2014
Updated October 14, 2014
2.4

CEO

High turnover in upper level management. Good pay for a lifeguard job.

Former Employee - Lifeguard Manager in Woodbridge, VA
    Former Employee - Lifeguard Manager in Woodbridge, VA

I worked at NFC Amenity Management part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, choose your own hours, flexible, good first time job (as a lifeguard) if you have never had one before.

Cons

No overtime or Holiday pay (forced to work Holidays), high turnover in upper level management (regional directors and on-site directors).

No Growth if you are not a Personal Trainer or Massage Therapist

Current Employee - Front Desk Associate in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Front Desk Associate in Miami, FL

I have been working at NFC Amenity Management part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It a very manageable job if you are going to school at the same time.

Cons

If your career path is not geared towards hospitality you are most likely to not go past your current position.

Consider the reconfiguring of the U training. I think training should be on an individual basis. You should hire someone to go from spa to spa training new employees and managers.

Decent job

Current Employee - Receptionist in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Receptionist in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at NFC Amenity Management part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good work/life balance. Will work with your schedule. Low stress environment. Everyday duties are simple.

Cons

Disorganized, lack of communication between manager and employees, zero staff meetings, opportunities for advancement are limited at best.

Terrible company to work for.

I worked at NFC Amenity Management

Pros

Meeting new residents and developing a great relationship with them.

Cons

EVERYTHING. Management sucks and they don't do anything to help you and just set u up to fail. I am so angry and mad that I got fired for not wearing my jacket. My boss goes out and smokes the whole time and doesn't know what he's doing. This company is a joke, never once did I receive an employee handbook or got a name tag. If anybody is reading this do not work for them. It isn't worth the headache.

Do a better job for caring about your employees.

Not very organized for a concierge services

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at NFC Amenity Management part-time

Pros

Get a chances to meet new great and exciting people. If you love helping others with shops, restaurants, etc than this is the perfect job for you. Unlike hotels you don't have to worry about being over sold or high volume of people to help.

Cons

Managers purposely make sure you don't go over 40 hours to they can say you are part time so that don't have to offer you any health insurance. When I was hired I was told that they wanted for a full time position, I barley got 3 a week. Management insist that you stand the whole shift with no mat or padding for you feet. Manager decided against having a microwave or refrigerator for the employees so have to drink Luke warm water and cold food for lunch.

Show some care for the your employees. Offer more training and up to date information about the system.

Lifeguarded at 24 hr fitness through them
    Not very organized, paid fairly well for the time though

Former Employee - Lifeguard
    Former Employee - Lifeguard

I worked at NFC Amenity Management part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Laid back, easy work
    There wasn't much to do, so most of the time was spent chatting with the gym members there, who were generally pretty friendly and open

Cons

Boring
    Mind numbingly boring
    if you don't know how to talk to people, you're in for a bad time, as with any other lifeguarding position

Horible never work for them unless you never ever want to move up they just dont care.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at NFC Amenity Management full-time (more than an year)

Pros

great for networking with condo residents.

Cons

dont care about there emmployees. they dont fire the people that need to be fierd until is to late and lose there contracts with the condos. Most managers lie dont care if your sick,late or having trouble all they care about is them selves. poor trianing then blame you for the mess when they dident even trian you properly.

hire from the inside the great emmployees that have made you upper management look good. give raises. be selfless. think about the employee before your self. actully care about people dont be fake.

Cares only about # of properties

Former Employee - Concierge in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Concierge in Miami, FL

I worked at NFC Amenity Management

Pros

nfc has great "5 diamond training." the training is good in THEORY. but if the training is not followed through with every month it fades amongst the employees.

Cons

I have been a concierge at hotels for 15 years and I have been pain up to $18 per hour worked. NFC offered me $10 per hour. I told them that i wanted a raise or i was leaving. They offered me $11 per hour. Nfc doesn't care about their employees. They are worried about your loyalty to them and not vice versa. nfc doesn't care about you. and if you make one wrong move they will fire you.

has serious organizational problems. this company needs to get their act together. management needs to stop worrying about getting sued and start caring more about their employees before they all quit.