NFL Films

NFL Films Reviews

3.9

Steve Sabol

Great Company

I worked at NFL Films part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Relaxed office environment, great staff, great leadership. I loved working at Films, and wish I could have continued there. My former boss is one of the best people to work for, understood work/life balance and trusted employees to do their job.

Cons

Not many head count positions, a lot of workers are seasonal. I left because I wanted a full-time position and head counts weren't available at the time.

NFL Films is a fabulous place to work.

I have been working at NFL Films

Pros

Experienced, professional people who know what they are doing and how to get the job done. Detail-oriented and result-oriented. Very laid back...fun place to work.

Cons

I don't have any cons to working at NFL Films. It is a tremendous work environment run by true professionals who understand how the business works.

More Mister Softee days... events to boost morale and have fun always go over well.

Great workplace

Current Employee - Producer Department in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Producer Department in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at NFL Films as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work with amazing, driven people. Offers independent work as well as collaboration in a relaxed environment.

Cons

No Benefits or perks if not full time.

Former Intern

Former Employee - Producer Intern in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - Producer Intern in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at NFL Films as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great people, very laid back and supportive of helping you find other opportunities and any projects you want to work on for your demo. Being able to see all the NFL footage from day 1.

Cons

Not really any, cafe cost a little bit too much for an intern but the food is GREAT

Keep doing what they are doing, maybe try to help prepare interns for life after films a little better.

You will never get a full-time job here

I worked at NFL Films

Pros

Easy work environment and you get to watch football all day.

Cons

Horribly inept management, no full-time opportunities, and zero leadership.

Put people in managerial positions who actually care about their subordinates instead of constantly stroking their superiors.

My internship was an amazing experience and it gives valued experience

Former Employee - Production Assistant in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - Production Assistant in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at NFL Films as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

For football fans, working with NFL Films' extensive library is a dream come true.

Cons

There are none, unless you don't like the subject

Get ready to watch and log lot of football and wire tapes. Everything you see on TV goes through your computer

Former Employee - Saber Specialist in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - Saber Specialist in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at NFL Films

Pros

Great atmosphere. Very laid back but the work can easily pile up.

Cons

Extremely tedious work. Very detail oriented.

Pay needs to increase for the specific job.

NFL Films internship

Former Employee - Intern in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - Intern in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at NFL Films

Pros

It's a really down to earth group. The "artists' colony" of the National Football League. The intern program is a total blast, but it's a shame they can not provide any compensation. Either way, I think most of the people who participate would say they are glad they did it. I do not think a large percentage of the people were hired from the program, but then again, a lot of interns had to go back for at least one more year of school after completing the summer. I would definitely recommend doing the internship, but plan to be broke!

Cons

Definitely the lack of payment is the hardest part. Even something as simple as free lunch or help with gas payment (especially these days where a gallon of gas costs two hundred billion dollars), and especially since so many young college students have to completely relocate for the summer to work there. It's not for lack of trying though... the intern coordinators are major proponents of at least a little bit of compensation. The fact that you can wear shorts and flip flops and tee shirts every day though is a huge plus -- maybe even enough to forgive working for free!

Keep going with the informational series where interns get to talk to former interns. It's a great chance to see where the experience can lead. Also, give interns a little more space to work. While the current set up is insanely fun, it also leads to significant drops in productivity because there are so many people in such a small space. Having said that, maybe adjust the number of interns to the appropriate amount of work needed. It is great to give the opportunity to that many people, but when there isn't much to do, it seems silly to drive an hour to sit all day for free.