NFL Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.2
Roger Goodell

Pros
  • it's the NFL- swag, meeting players, discounts, games, being part of the biggest sport in america (in 3 reviews)

• I met a handful of good people and there are some profitable freelance opportunities (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Little to no advancement opportunity for anyone outside of the Product team (in 3 reviews)

• A lot of variation in amount of work, difficult to get full-time offers because there is such a demand for jobs and most of the work is seasonal (in 4 reviews)

1. Intern

I have been working at NFL

Pros

Great culture. Flexible. Not as competitive as finance.

Cons

Not paid well and there is not much room for growth.

2. Site Project Manager

Former Employee - Site Project Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Site Project Manager in New York, NY

I worked at NFL (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team to work for!

Cons

None really... It all worked well

3. Meh

Current Employee - Coordinator
    Current Employee - Coordinator

I have been working at NFL full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Access to some of the most appealing events and venues in sports.

Cons

Not very many growth opportunities, dont promote from within. For a company trying desperately to repair their image to the younger generation, they sure dont take their younger employees seriously.

Underpaid but you're there for the experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at NFL full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great opportunity to learn various areas of a business through hands on and volunteer projects. If you're looking for networking opportunities then this is a great company because you will meet tons of people if you place yourself in the right place and don't just keep yourself in your department. This company worked well in regards to departments melding together to get a project done. This company is great as a stepping stone. Get your experience and move on to bigger and better things. To move up in this company it's definitely "who you know" or "who knows you" as opposed to skills/merits.

Cons

For a multi-billion dollar nonprofit organization they under pay their employees across the board. This is a reoccurring theme I've experienced as well as heard from many others. SVPs salaries in the $100k and up range, VPs salaries $85 and up range, Managers/Directors salaries $55-70k and up range, Administrative Assistants $35k. They will definitely try to change your title which equals changing your pay. Do not be afraid to ask for more when they give you the offer letter. Do not get caught up in the "brand" of the company if your main objective is to get paid what you're worth. As of 2014, the environment has become very hostile. Coworkers will definitely throw you under the bus if it means keeping their job or getting that promotion. A lot of snitching as if we're in high school. A lot of obvious favoritism. You definitely need to sign up for this company with a "don't take it personal" attitude. It is not for the faint. You will be expected to work 60 or more hours a week and answer your company phone on the weekends and at nights.

Advice to Management

No advice to management. They know exactly what they're doing. They feel they've been doing it for this long, why change now. Unfortunately, every great empire comes to an end. I just hope they stop letting certain people run it like it's their company without a check and balance system and be fair across the board.

Fun stepping stone

I worked at NFL full-time

Pros

Fun company to work for, especially if you work Superbowl. Looks great on a resume. Laid back atmosphere

Cons

Employee benefits have gone downhill over the years. No more free tickets, limited tickets only go to management, and other perks have been discontinued. The NFL uses it's name to keep salaries low.

Advice to Management

Properly compensate employees. If you don't do this, you will always be a stepping stone rather than a place that recognizes value and can retain it.

7. Good place

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in New York, NY

I worked at NFL

Pros

Good company, professional colleagues. Fun to work here.

Cons

Have a lot to do so you have to love what you do.

8. Professional athlete

Former Employee - Nfl in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Nfl in Kansas City, MO

I worked at NFL full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Doing what I love to do. Working with my teammates to accomplish a goal. Competition

Cons

Body aches and various physical pains. Away from family with all the traveling

Advice to Management

I'm very well educated with a masters in communication and I work extremely at whatever I'm doing

9. Perks but no money or dignity.

Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I worked at NFL

Pros

Super Bowl tickets that's it. Get what you can out if it and move on. Most people use this place as a stepping stone. Looks great on a resume.

Cons

Bad office environment. Terrible leadership. Useless titles to people who aren't very smart. They do not promote team work in any way which is quite ironic and the office atmosphere is like a dead zone. And the pay is awful so you better like football.

Advice to Management

They could care less. As long as they are covered nobody is willing to put their necks out for anybody in this place.

10. Manager

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at NFL

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Departments working in silos, need to be more collaborative

Advice to Management

Strong communication and alignment on goals needs to come from top down

Poor Place to Work

Current Employee - Digital Media in Culver City, CA
    Current Employee - Digital Media in Culver City, CA

I have been working at NFL full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's the NFL, friends, family, and acquaintances are impressed.

Cons

They treat you like dirt. CDO has no compassion, can you say "cut-throat"? They have brought in a bunch of kids with no experience as the VP's and they have no idea how to manage, build, or lead a strong team.

Advice to Management

In the 5+ years I have been here, it has gotten progressively worse. It is now just awful. Why don't you actually hire professional senior leadership that can balance the needs and concerns of staff with the needs of the business. Treat people with respect. Just because it is the NFL doesn't mean employees are worthless.

RSS Feed </> Embed