NFL Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.2
Roger Goodell

Pros
  • it's the NFL- swag, meeting players, discounts, games, being part of the biggest sport in america (in 3 reviews)

• I met a handful of good people and there are some profitable freelance opportunities (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Little to no advancement opportunity for anyone outside of the Product team (in 3 reviews)

• A lot of variation in amount of work, difficult to get full-time offers because there is such a demand for jobs and most of the work is seasonal (in 4 reviews)

1. The best job ever.

Former Employee - Retired in Carrollton, GA
    Former Employee - Retired in Carrollton, GA

Pros

The benefits are amazing but try to stay healthy in nfl because an injury could have you at an up and down career. Overall geeat.

Cons

You could end up really hurt like me. Brain injury and loss of memory and also really bad headaches. It can get bad.

Advice to Management

Explore all detain o the issue of injuries.

2. Football Player

Former Employee - Slot Receiver/Return Specialist in Hayward, CA
    Former Employee - Slot Receiver/Return Specialist in Hayward, CA

I worked at NFL (Less than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere is second to none.

Cons

There a lot of politics that come into play.

3. Review

Pros

Everyone is easy to work with and well-educated. No one carries the team and everyone contributes to the task at hand

Cons

Little to do at times, which is understandable since you're only there for a few months. Everyone is very busy, so communication is entirely through email at times

Advice to Management

No advice. Everything was fulfilling, challenging. I think there may be opportunity to have interns across departments work together.

5. Place to be?

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

I worked at NFL full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you love football, this is the place to be.

Cons

If you love advancement opportunities, this is not the place to be.

6. Great brand, bad operation

Pros

The NFL is a great brand and there are many talented people that work there. Lots of young people too.

Cons

Seasonals/freelancers treated like second class citizens. Lots of band aids on big issues and lots of red tape to get around. Politics and favorites are played.

Advice to Management

Include your seasonals and freelancers in more of how your company operates. If they're spending the same amount of time in the office as your full time staffers the red tape is a huge turn off. This includes access to company-wide events. Way to make them really feel they're included and appreciated.

7. The best thing I ever did was leave the NFL

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

I worked at NFL full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Resume builder. The name is renowned in sports so it is good to have on your resume. Friends and family are impressed as it sounds great (key word: sounds).

Cons

Out of all the careers and jobs I have had in my life, this was by far the absolute worst. The only positive thing that came out of it was a few good friends. I was completely underpaid (when I asked for a higher salary during the offer stage, they laughed and said "we are the NFL, there are plenty of people waiting for this job")...that should have been a MAJOR warning sign. Very basic vacation benefits and you couldn't even use it unless you were available for all your meetings (despite time zones of where you are traveling) and still doing work (this is NOT a vacation). No access to tickets (or very limited and difficult to get) and Super Bowl is for management to attend, not the people actually doing work. The hours were insane!! I rarely made it home before 9pm (12 hour days and eating lunch at my desk-this caused for some major home issues as I rarely made it home for meals and was stressed on the weekends), got emails in the middle of the night that I was expected to reply to (2am, 4am emails!!). Talk about a complete burnout. I now work for another similar company that actually respects its employees with true vacations, MUCH better pay, standard 40 hour weeks (OT paid if worked above that), tickets to games, other perks and a positive working environment so I know it is possible for these large brands to compensate and treat their employees well. NFL just doesn't care or want to. I have friends still working there that say it has gotten worse and the morale is even lower (if that is even possible). Take a contract there to put it on your CV and then get the heck out of there before you become miserable.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like humans! Stop over working and under paying your employees and create an company culture people are actually proud of! It is absolutely pathetic how such a large organization is allowed to treat people.

8. ok...

Pros

lots of interesting large scale projects

Cons

management heavy, lots of corporate politics

9. Intern

Pros

Great culture. Flexible. Not as competitive as finance.

Cons

Not paid well and there is not much room for growth.

10. Site Project Manager

Former Employee - Site Project Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Site Project Manager in New York, NY

I worked at NFL (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team to work for!

Cons

None really... It all worked well

11. Meh

Current Employee - Coordinator
    Current Employee - Coordinator

I have been working at NFL full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Access to some of the most appealing events and venues in sports.

Cons

Not very many growth opportunities, dont promote from within. For a company trying desperately to repair their image to the younger generation, they sure dont take their younger employees seriously.

RSS Feed </> Embed