NFL

Updated Jul 5, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Roger Goodell

Pros
  • it's the NFL- swag, meeting players, discounts, games, being part of the biggest sport in america(in 3 reviews)

• I met a handful of good people and there are some profitable freelance opportunities(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance, Mom & Pop approach, more in maintenance mode than building(in 4 reviews)

• Little to no advancement opportunity for anyone outside of the Product team(in 3 reviews)

A job of a lifetime

Vice President Advertising & Design Group (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsWorking for the most popular brand in America, if not the world is an amazing opportunity. The exposure and scale of projects you work on are immense and the popularity of the sport makes work exciting, fun and rewarding.

ConsLimited growth opportunity, although top level management positions are about as good as it gets and motivation for upward growth is diminished.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't get too full of yourself. The brand's popularity makes you better than you think you are.

awesome player

Prosmoney, fame, and having fun

Consinjuries, intense training and other things

Fun, typical entry level job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe people you work with are terrific. Passionate about sports. Everyone enjoys the atmosphere.

ConsLong hours, average pay. What is generally expected when starting out in the real world. Promotions are near impossible to find. Work force is capped so as not to break the Leagues "charity" status.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare a little more about the people below you.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Waste of time

(Former Employee) Culver City, CA

ProsIt sounds great to work for the NFL. Sadly, the perception of working for the company is the best thing about the job.

ConsThere is little to no opportunity for advancement. You should be prepared to be on call 24/7 and not expect any sort of recognition.
    Employee morale is dismal. No one is happy to be there. The company expects the world from their employees and does not reward them accordingly.
    No NFL perks such as tickets.
    The NY League office could care less about the LA team. Little to no effort is put into making the employees (at least in LA) feel like part of the NFL family.
    When walking into the office you don't know you are at the NFL. The decor is non-descriptive and boring.
    The HR leadership in the Culver City office come across as extremely arrogant which is odd because the consensus around the office is leadership doesn't know what they are doing.

Former player

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsGreat benefits and culture. The height of the profession.

ConsA lot of turnover, high stress environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up

NFL

Account Executive (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGood people and the #1 Sport in America

ConsCould use bonus and Commisions in each quarter

Overrated!

Director (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsCoolness factor of working for a company your friends know.

ConsWorst management, male-dominated, terrible culture, friends hitting you up for free tix

Advice to Senior ManagementWalk around and see that the employees are unhappy

Positive experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFans love the NFL week in and week out. Very cool to work on projects that engage many individuals each week.

ConsNot much turnover in the middle management layers, making advancement a slower process than other companies. If someone has a job he/she loves, they stick with it (why would they leave?).

Great work environment. A place that can take you all over the world with a ball.

Coordinator, Player Personnel (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsExposure to high-level events. Interaction with NFL players. Opportunity to represent global brand.

ConsAround-the-clock responsibilities. Difficult to move up. Easy to get burned out.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore college-level recruiting

Amazing opportunity, but at a price

ProsWorking at the NFL will provide any employee with a unique, inside look into one of the most powerful, popular brands in the world and provide you with amazing experiences you'll remember forever

ConsThe hours are long, they are understaffed and employee compensation doesn't reflect the work load or responsibility level. It is also very hard to advance and not much emphasis is place on career growth by upper management.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for NFL? Contribute to the Community!