NICE Systems
www.nice.com Raanana, Israel 1000 to 5000 Employees

NICE Systems Reviews

Updated Apr 6, 2014
NICE Systems – Raanana – “NICE Building”

NICE Systems CEO Zeev Bregman

Zeev Bregman

Pros:
  • "Interesting technology, some good people, great pay and benefits"
    in 8 reviews
  • "great people, career opportunities, products, exec team"
    in 7 reviews
Cons:
  • "Depending on the Area of the Company employed - Work Life Balance can become a challenge"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Management has no clue what really happens in the field"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

software developer

Software Developer (Current Employee)
Richardson, TX

I have been working at NICE Systems as an intern for less than a year

ProsNICe people and NICE environment

ConsSalary is a bit low

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the NICE work

great people

Account Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at NICE Systems full-time for more than a year

Prosgreat people, career opportunities, products, exec team

Consniche market, product development, saturated market

Advice to Senior Managementmanagement was great

My colleagues became my friends

I worked at NICE Systems full-time for more than a year

ProsNew initiatives are welcomed
Opportunities to grow and develop within the company
Intelligent co-workers
Good products

ConsMid management changes too often - creating an unstable feeling
Not enough collaboration between the 3 major business units

Was looking for another job within a month of arriving

I worked at NICE Systems full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood benefits, but pay is not great

ConsSr management is horrible--if you're not Israeli, you don't matter.
Product is half baked and impossible to support
Worst culture I have ever witnessed--they work the employees 24/7 with no regards for personal health/sanity and no thanks whatsover. They just want more, more more.

Inconsistent HR Policies, Senior Mgmt Speaks out of both sides of their mouth and is not supportive.

I worked at NICE Systems full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood Benefits. Immediate team members "get it" and want to help and provide value to shareholders and customers. Policies, procedures, and inconsistent management keep success from happening.

ConsSenior Mgmt does not support
Americas organization and Israel are very much silo'd which makes day to day operations and support of the customer extremely challenging and a constant struggle. Little gets done without management escalation. No empowerment of employees. Be careful - one minute you're valued and the next you're not.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your Employees and the work and accomplishments expended over the long term - Meaning look at the holistic picture of the value that each employee brings to the organization.

Enterprise Sales Executive of ~ 3 Years

Sales Executive (Former Employee)

I worked at NICE Systems full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat pay, benefits and frontline people. Plenty of M&A activity and leading products in several areas of workforce/performance management will keep things exciting. Strong customer-facing events to enable sales. The sales and solutions teams are encouraged to be in front of customers constantly, which helps drive relationships. Most people work very hard, but also have fun.

ConsMany RVP through Executive management levels are not engaged with the frontline sales people other than forecast administration. There is no advancement opportunity...they'd prefer to hire off the streets versus promote from within. Pricing and contracting can hinder new logo sales. Annual comp plans take months to receive. Marketing sometimes promotes products that R&D can't produce and Delivery can't support. Some post-sales groups demonstrate low morale and that bleeds over to the customer. Expect a major re-org each Jan.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more engaged with the field and not so much with your own agendas.

So far it's pretty good

Support Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at NICE Systems full-time for less than a year

ProsThe pay scale is good to great depending on where you are and what you do. The overall benefits (401K, Health Insurance, etc) are what I would consider above average for what I have experienced in the industry. Flexibility in your schedule. A lot of work, but also rewards for the hard work put in. Management understands that people have lives outside the building and seems to work to accommodate that.

ConsEvery group has it's own set of processes, and they don't always line up leading to contradicting messages.
Processes that are set in stone until the end of quarter and then everything seems like it gets thrown out the window.
A seemingly large cultural divide between the Israel employees and the rest of the company that leads to a lot of miscommunication.
Purchases of smaller companies have not been integrated very well, or in some cases at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in a company wide CRM system that works, and align goals and processes across organizations and teams.

Lots of changes monthly

I have been working at NICE Systems full-time for more than a year

ProsHigh pay scale for the experience you bring and the willingness to work hard.

ConsCustomer Service Manager's stab you in the back. "Advocates" for the customer at the expense of company cohesiveness (all for customer kudos and a magnum of liquor at Christmas)

Advice to Senior ManagementMetrics is absolutely imperative HOWEVER make all effort for training your staff! Return on Investment!

Penny wise - Pound foolish, micromanaging, incompetent middle management, dead end

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at NICE Systems full-time for less than a year

ProsComprehensive benefits package consisting of medical, dental, vision, company match 401k, and of course, every couple of months they throw you a bone with a useless "NICE" branded chotchke.

ConsIndisputably should be accredited as the poster company for the movie "Office Space." Disengaged upper management, grossly mismanaged outfit with high turnover and little to no regard for employee capital and well-being. Training... what's that? The atypical select few employees that have procured job security may expect a painfully dismal outlook with absolutely no room for advancement in the foreseeable future.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would advise to sell any vested interest in this organization and get out before it's too late.

Fast growing company...Leading the way in all areas of the portfolio

Presales (Current Employee)

I have been working at NICE Systems full-time

ProsPlenty of autonomy. A career here is what YOU make it. Great people all around. As tough as things get sometimes, everybody at NICE wants to do the right thing for customers. This is an ethical company in all respects.

ConsProcesses are still fragmented like you might expect of a smaller company. Internal systems are antiquated and doing a good job is not always easy. You will find yourself fighting the system quite often. That said, NICE manages to do well and everybody tries to do the right thing for customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementTime to grow up. We are not the same company from 5 yrs. ago. New, more efficient systems for managing customers and projects and the daily mundane activities of getting the job done will go a long way toward creating a more efficient operation and an easier place to be successful.

Worked for NICE Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NICE Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NICE Systems CEO Zeev Bregman. All 98 reviews posted anonymously by NICE Systems employees.